• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

centracore

I'm in Canada and signed up anyways despite the offering only being available in the United States. Just got an email with my code in it but when I attempted to enter it into Google Play I got shot down with: Code entered is not available in your country.

Since it's of no use to me, quote for $25 Google Play promo code (first come, first serve obviously).

Which is the best way to root my HTC One 64GB dev edition? Clockwork or TWRP? Also, I do not have to unlock the bootloader since it was already done right?

VoxPop

Damn that ban was ridiculous. So I recently installed a mod on top of Android Revolution for a navi bar by accident -_-

How can I uninstall it? Do I have to reinstall the entire thing?

Jeff-DSA

I've had my HTC One for two weeks now. I'm really, really happy with the phone. My wife got a Galaxy S4 on the same day. Both great phones, but I'm happy that I opted for the One. It performed beautifully throughout E3 on the show floor and LTE has shown up in my home area.

I'm going to have to go back through past pages in this thread and see what tweaks and mods people are doing. So far the phone with the stock version of Sense is pretty good though.

HildyB

I've had my HTC One for two weeks now. I'm really, really happy with the phone. My wife got a Galaxy S4 on the same day. Both great phones, but I'm happy that I opted for the One. It performed beautifully throughout E3 on the show floor and LTE has shown up in my home area.

I'm going to have to go back through past pages in this thread and see what tweaks and mods people are doing. So far the phone with the stock version of Sense is pretty good though.

It's great stock. Only think I rooted for was advanced backup services like Helium.

reKon

Banned
I accidentally didn't include the m when typing in my e-mail address so it's 'gmail.co' DAMN IT. I hope that this doesn't affect anything

I've tried almost all the ROMs on the 1st page of XDA and I think I've settled on InsertCoin with the Team Seven kernel and inverted black theme.

I get the best battery life with InsertCoin and I like the logo2wake and logo2sleep mods too much to give up. If it wasn't for that I would stay on stock kernel.

bcl0328

Problem with HTC One or Sprint? Duplicate texts.

I keep receiving multiple duplicate texts from anyone who sends me a text. Since Friday, my friend has 'sent' what's up 9 times. It's not just him, it's everyone who texts me so I know it's not their phone.

D23

well i was so set on buying the galaxy s4, like 95% set on, but when i was at the tmobile store, i just couldnt resist the aesthetic design of htc one and bought it right away.

right now im just playing around with it and really have no buyer remorse whatsoever.

i love this phone!!

can anyone here give me some tips to make the battery last a while?
and what are some must have apps to use?

catmincer

well i was so set on buying the galaxy s4, like 95% set on, but when i was at the tmobile store, i just couldnt resist the aesthetic design of htc one and bought it right away.

right now im just playing around with it and really have no buyer remorse whatsoever.

i love this phone!!

can anyone here give me some tips to make the battery last a while?
and what are some must have apps to use?

Enable battery saver. Also download the QualComm battery manager. Between those two I easily get 24 hours of battery life with emulators, facebook, browsing and texting.

D23

Enable battery saver. Also download the QualComm battery manager. Between those two I easily get 24 hours of battery life with emulators, facebook, browsing and texting.

battery saver is power saver right??

yae i just downloaded that as well.

TheTowel

Problem with HTC One or Sprint? Duplicate texts.

I keep receiving multiple duplicate texts from anyone who sends me a text. Since Friday, my friend has 'sent' what's up 9 times. It's not just him, it's everyone who texts me so I know it's not their phone.

You have an airave setup? That can happen if you only get double texts on sprint. Call them and have them reprovision your phone. I've been there before.

Ok GAF, it looks like this is it. After 6 years with the iPhone I think I'm ready to make the jump. It looks like HTC ONE is the phone I want, the S4 although as awesome just felt less classy. Cheap?

Anyways, quick questions for those that switched.

How hard/easy is photo, music, video sync? Can I go full cloud sync and cut the cord?

AirPlay? Are there any solutions to AirPlay mirror my HTC to my Apple TV?

Stock browser over android? Does the stock browser sync my google account? Favorites, passwords, etc?

How weird is it not having a home button? Physical button.

Ill have more..

Ok GAF, it looks like this is it. After 6 years with the iPhone I think I'm ready to make the jump. It looks like HTC ONE is the phone I want, the S4 although as awesome just felt less classy. Cheap?

Anyways, quick questions for those that switched.

How hard/easy is photo, music, video sync? Can I go full cloud sync and cut the cord?

Pretty easy but also depends on what you want to do and what services you want to use.

AirPlay? Are there any solutions to AirPlay mirror my HTC to my Apple TV?

There's an app that will do AirPlay for content but I'm not sure if you can mirror the display to your Apple TV. You could always get the HTC media link which will do all that.

Stock browser over android? Does the stock browser sync my google account? Favorites, passwords, etc?

You mean stock browser over Chrome? Stock browser is Android. Stock browser doesn't sync with Chrome. You'll have to use Chrome.

How weird is it not having a home button? Physical button.

Ill have more..

Surprisingly not that weird.

I made the switch two months ago after being on the iPhone for years. It's been a pretty smooth change with the HTC One.

Milly79

Okay, so I've been having a few issues with mail being pushed and the stock weather widget actually updating (this actually updates to thunderstorms every hour~). It may also have to do that I get 2 bars of 2g in my room.

My mail and gmail settings are to sync every hour.
Battery guru has them has them set to refresh the most often.

The weather settings are the same way.

It's not a huge deal, just mildly annoying. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Pretty easy but also depends on what you want to do and what services you want to use.

There's an app that will do AirPlay for content but I'm not sure if you can mirror the display to your Apple TV. You could always get the HTC media link which will do all that.

You mean stock browser over Chrome? Stock browser is Android. Stock browser doesn't sync with Chrome. You'll have to use Chrome.

Surprisingly not that weird.

I made the switch two months ago after being on the iPhone for years. It's been a pretty smooth change with the HTC One.

Thanks.

One very important app I use quite a lot is AirVideo. I play video files from my laptop, onto my Iphone and than I'm able to AirPlay onto my appleTV.

What solutions does android offer?

VoxPop

ARHD 11 is what I'm using and it's been solid.

All the non sense roms ain't so great. Including CM.

I tried the new viperone and it had too much stuff.

Thanks for that. I'm on it and its been great along with tremendous improvement in battery life over stock Sense.

I must say I love Zoe's too much to get rid of em. Also love their gallery app and a couple of other things. Stock Android is a bore which is why I dropped my Nexus along with its shittastic battery life.

BFIB

Thanks for that. I'm on it and its been great along with tremendous improvement in battery life over stock Sense.

I must say I love Zoe's too much to get rid of em. Also love their gallery app and a couple of other things. Stock Android is a bore which is why I dropped my Nexus along with its shittastic battery life.

I quickly put a custom ROM on my GS3, but I have to say, I really like Sense 5. I have no desire to put a custom launcher on it anytime soon.

Plus the additional Zoe options are cool!

Yes, like I been saying, stock android is so overrated.

D23

Is it just me or music sounds amazing in this thing? I'm using a nice headphones and it sounds so goood better than my iPod. I think.

Addnan

Is it just me or music sounds amazing in this thing? I'm using a nice headphones and it sounds so goood better than my iPod. I think.
Yeah it does.

One of the reason I didn't want to leave my 4S was because music just didn't sound good on other phones, even the 5 didn't sound as good as 4S. The HTC One though is probably on par or better than 4S. Love it.

BFIB

A few weeks back, me and the wife went on a wine weekend getaway. So she was streaming some music through her S4, then I was streaming through my HTC One. It was a big, big difference in sound. Just a lot richer through my One compared to her S4.

Just moved to the US from Ireland, and the hassle and expense of US carriers are unfuckingbelievable. I have an unlocked iPhone 4, but no one seems happy to just give me a SIM and let me pay as I go; T-Mobile sort of let you do this, but whatever frequencies they use mean I can't get 4G with my existing device.

So fuck it, I decided to get a new HTC One (and an SIII for my wife-to-be) with T-Mobile. Pretty excited now.

Just moved to the US from Ireland, and the hassle and expense of US carriers are unfuckingbelievable. I have an unlocked iPhone 4, but no one seems happy to just give me a SIM and let me pay as I go; T-Mobile sort of let you do this, but whatever frequencies they use mean I can't get 4G with my existing device.

So fuck it, I decided to get a new HTC One (and an SIII for my wife-to-be) with T-Mobile. Pretty excited now.

I have HTC One Unlocked with T-mobile and its great.

HildyB

Welcome to your new home. US is ahead on some fronts, but our broadband and cellular are run by businesses that hold a tight grip on our wallets.

centracore

HTC One Google Edition RUU is up on HTCdev. Waiting for a brave soul on XDA Developers to try it out first, then I'm going for it.

edit: never mind, that's just the kernel source :/

kinggroin

Banned
What's the best ROM out there Preferably Sense? and what's the best non Sense one?

RGUI

By far.

I get 4.5 hours of screen on time with moderate use on this ROM. Also, it has delta update capability thanks to having a built in link to the SVN repo. So when an update comes out, you're looking at like a 60-70meg OTA file rather than a 900 meg one.

Oh, and a shit ton of customization features too. Jump on it (I've tried most of the big ones, but this one is legit)

Unless you have Sprint.

Well damn. Got an issue with the camera app. I am fairly certain it is a software issue. I'm gonna have trouble explaining this probably but here it goes. When I enter the camera app, the image appears frozen on the screen. When I move the phone around, the image remains static as when I entered the camera app BUT when I actually take a picture, the correct picture is taken! The issue is...I obviously can't tell what I am taking a picture of. The video camera does not suffer the same issue. I am able to tell what I am taking a video of there.

Any app that uses the camera such as Instagram or snapchat suffers the same issue. :/ any advice?

kinggroin

Banned
Well damn. Got an issue with the camera app. I am fairly certain it is a software issue. I'm gonna have trouble explaining this probably but here it goes. When I enter the camera app, the image appears frozen on the screen. When I move the phone around, the image remains static as when I entered the camera app BUT when I actually take a picture, the correct picture is taken! The issue is...I obviously can't tell what I am taking a picture of. The video camera does not suffer the same issue. I am able to tell what I am taking a video of there.

Any app that uses the camera such as Instagram or snapchat suffers the same issue. :/ any advice?

Try clearing the gallery data and cache. If there is a separate apk for the camera, do the same for that too.

RGUI

By far.

I get 4.5 hours of screen on time with moderate use on this ROM. Also, it has delta update capability thanks to having a built in link to the SVN repo. So when an update comes out, you're looking at like a 60-70meg OTA file rather than a 900 meg one.

Oh, and a shit ton of customization features too. Jump on it (I've tried most of the big ones, but this one is legit)

Unless you have Sprint.

So many to choose from! I browsed the One development forums on XDA, and heard a lot of mention for ARHD, Trickdroid, and Venom. Now you throw another name into the mix! The power of Android choice! It paralyzes me, Gladwell-style!

Still running unrooted Sense 5. O_O

Top Bottom