• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 1.03 is out on PS4

psychotron

Lol now after the patch my minimap take a long time loading after quick travel.

It seems to help with the microstutter though.

If it helps with micro stutter I'll be happy. Can you gauge how much improved it is? I know it might be hard to really put to words, I'm just dying to be rid of it so I can fully enjoy this killer game.

drotahorror

WHat I hate about the inventory is the fact that the god damned potions that you need are on the bottom of the page in the inventory and every time i want to use a frigging cat potion I have to scroll down among the 23972 books and notes in there...

Seriously... WHY?

At least put the damn potions on the top page like it is with oils... dont make me scroll like this all the time...

Why aren't you all just selling your books and contracts??

I just want a patch to fix the damn loading time,When I die it legit takes 1+ mins to load .. It's even longer than Bloodbornes.

Swass

I just want a patch to fix the damn loading time,When I die it legit takes 1+ mins to load .. It's even longer than Bloodbornes.

I put a 7200rpm SSHD in mine and even after death my loading times are under 30 seconds. May want to look at upgrading your hard drive, it's relatively cheap, real easy to do, and very much worth doing.

I put a 7200rpm SSHD in mine and even after death my loading times are under 30 seconds. May want to look at upgrading your hard drive, it's relatively cheap, real easy to do, and very much worth doing.

Depends what part of the game you're in, for eg in White Orchard the load times are like what you say, but in Valen they are twice as long.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why aren't you all just selling your books and contracts??

I never sell books and such in RPGs. I like building an in-game lore collection, and I also don't read everything the moment I get it.

Massive openworld game, 5400 RPM harddrive, Limited System RAM amount. Something has got to give.

I don't think RAM is an issue. PS4 games have, what, 5.5 GB of GDDR5 to use? And having less wouldn't make load times longer anyway, rather the opposite (but you'd have to load more frequently instead, like how in Skyrim there's a load every time you enter an interior). No, this is all due to the HDD, and the transfer speed from it to RAM.

Resseh

Has their been any benchmarks on ssds and sshd? Loading times are really getting to me.

I had a ssd on PS3 and it made a massive difference

I have a 2TB one.

Yeah, its the 5400 rpm

Floex

That seems really wrong. Did the loading times get a lot longer as the game goes on? In Velen, loading times times seem like 20 seconds or less.

Is that the opening area? If so yeah that is quick load. The next world takes about 40-60 seconds to load when you die ._>

Do we know when we'll get those 14 other free DLC's? If it's really 1-2 items per week, the big majority of players will have already be done with the game.

Is that the opening area? If so yeah that is quick load. The next world takes about 40-60 seconds to load when you die ._>

White Orchard is the opening area or the 'prologue'. Valen is unlocked after you comeplete it and that's where the loading times lengthen a lot.

Skitso78

The game is still a stuttering mess from time to time - can't say I can notice any performance improvements with 1.3 I'm afraid. I'm currently doing (light early Velen quest spoilers)
Keira's secondary missions and the area around her hut and the island with the rat tower at least seems to be terrible FPS wise (especially with the spirit lamp activated)
. :(

so played the game with the patch now, so it feels smoother sure, but some times its not really any better. I had an area that even made the music stutter and made the menu browsing slow and laggy..not had it since then though...so might have been a one time thing.

Kosma

Banned
Game feels a lot smoother after the patch.

Do we know when we'll get those 14 other free DLC's? If it's really 1-2 items per week, the big majority of players will have already be done with the game.

Lol you think the majority of players will play 100 hours in two months?

The whole point of the drip feed is to make people not sell their copies too.

Thats why the first expansion is also slated for October.

turn your controller camera settings down to 0.70 , that will fix it. (or at least make the camera movement a lot smoother.) This works for the PS4 as well.

That didn't fix it for me (PS4), or make it any less noticeable. It does make the game feel better to play, though. Any higher and it feels like the camera is turning faster than Geralt can.

I've contacted Marcin Momot about the camera stutter few times now on Twitter but he hasn't responded to me. But he did say they're already working on patch 1.04.

Moozo

Patch barely had an effect for me (PS4).

Has anyone noticed the annoying stutter/dropped frame when you're just walking on horseback? It happens at the same point in the animation every time and once you notice it you'll never stop noticing it. Happens whatever speed your horse is walking at.
Also happens absolutely everywhere so I don't think it's performance related.

Patch barely had an effect for me (PS4).

Has anyone noticed the annoying stutter/dropped frame when you're just walking on horseback? It happens at the same point in the animation every time and once you notice it you'll never stop noticing it. Happens whatever speed your horse is walking at.

Yup, I've posted multiple videos on the CDPR forums and tweeted the dev directly about this. A few people have posted videos of it in this thread to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL-K9UpXPPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq35gvYg7XA

Moozo

Yup, I've posted multiple videos on the CDPR forums and tweeted the dev directly about this. A few people have posted videos of it in this thread to:

This is a bit more extreme than what I'm describing and does just look like bad performance.

Try walking really slowly, in a straight line, and watch the animation (and the edges of your screen, which emphasises it) closely.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This is a bit more extreme than what I'm describing and does just look like bad performance.

Try walking really slowly, in a straight line, and watch the animation (and the edges of your screen, which emphasises it) closely.

These are the things that are driving me nuts. For whatever reason, the drops in fps during heavy load situations haven't really bothered me too much.

It's the frame stuttering while panning the camera and weird animation hitches that are grinding my gears. Because there's no good reason for it! It's all the time. At best it's an oversight, but at worst (and most probable, because who the fuck wouldn't notice this) they just said, eh... too much time to fix, ship it anyway. Maybe we get to it later, if ever.

I honestly love this game, even though it has issues, but there is some stuff here just leaves me scratching my head. It's not like some glitch that happens rarely, and really hard to replicate, and thus hard to fix. This is core stuff. Stuff you see over and over and over.

And I cannot make a Witcher 3 post without include how much I fuckin hate the auto camera. The only time that thing should kick in is during a sprint or fast gallop. I'm starting to wonder if some of the stuttering is actually linked to auto-center camera. Need to explore that more before I post about it though, and someone makes me look dumb. lol

psychotron

Yupp, this is the stuttering that drives me crazy. The same thing happened in infamous as a result of the engine having issues streaming the world assets. Lots of people didn't notice it, but others that did couldn't deal. The devs even admitted it was a limitation of the engine and that they wouldn't be able to fix it until the next game. Hopefully that doesn't happen with CDPR.

LiK

Does this make the font for the books bigger? The text is pretty small and hard to read on my TV. And the text isn't bright enough either on the black bg. I dunno who was in charge of that but you dun fucked up.

valkyre

Does this make the font for the books bigger? The text is pretty small and hard to read on my TV. And the text isn't bright enough either on the black bg. I dunno who was in charge of that but you dun fucked up.

Font for books notes subtitles remains unchanged. It is due for next patch. The only fix in this patch is the larger loot window that makes loot more easy to read than before.

Jack cw

Havent noticed any change in font size nor an option to make it bigger. Think this might be in the next patch.

NekoFever

Massive openworld game, 5400 RPM harddrive, Limited System RAM amount. Something has got to give.

But it's only onerously slow if you reload after dying. It's not nearly as bad if you fast travel, even though that takes you to a completely different area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkvmQijlJlM

Some pretty bad stutter there on PS4. I might have to recheck DF but this seems to have been not reported very well. Forgetting that though just frame rates in general are much lower in later areas from many posts I'm reading on GAF that should be verified or not if DF can do some more frame rate analysis.

Hollow

Looks like the shadows have taken a minor hit with this update.
I notice some aliasing on thin shadows now like tree branches.

Framerate seems better, though.

Ardenyal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkvmQijlJlM

Some pretty bad stutter there on PS4. I might have to recheck DF but this seems to have been not reported very well. Forgetting that though just frame rates in general are much lower in later areas from many posts I'm reading on GAF that should be verified or not if DF can do some more frame rate analysis.

Thats a problem with the way the analog stick is mapped. Slow movements cause jerky camera rotation.

Top Bottom