• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (1) – Ultimate Edition heading to PC in August

Sentenza

All this
tumblr_m764qoN9fo1qfp4zc.png
about framerate on consoles is excessive it ran at a smooth 55-60 range 99% of the time. The human eye can barely see the difference between 40 frames and 60.
I have no problem with low framerate. It looked so good in 1080p on PS3.
?
The game renders at 1280x720 and hardly matches 30 fps most of the times.
Are you guys even trying?

StiLt

60 faps per second? Ultimate Chafing Edition confirmed.

Double dipping for sure. LoS was a stellar game and that art direction is going to shine something awesome on this version.

Wasn't that 360 ver. though? PS3 ver. was a little higher.

Yes, the PS3 version performed slightly better. But it's still crazy that the framerate could get that low.

Uh, yes. It says that on the back of the box, 1080p, my monitor says its running in 1080p, and yes, looks great. Maybe its the scaler in my monitor, I don't care, fact is it looks great.

Read the Face-Off I posted, it's stated that the game is natively rendered in 720p. It only upscales the output to 1080p.

Uh, yes. It says that on the back of the box, 1080p, my monitor says its running in 1080p, and yes, looks great. Maybe its the scaler in my monitor, I don't care, fact is it looks great.
You have to be fucking joking. And I'm referring too the tech talk. The majority of this console games are barely even render at 720p my dude.

Wonko_C

I have no problem with low framerate. It looked so good in 1080p on PS3. Since it has 0 tearing, I don't care how low the fps goes. Long as its not a slideshow or something.

The game is just upscaling its 720p framebuffer to 1080p. And the framerate got so low in some parts it looked like a slideshow.

RPGCrazied

Well excuse me. Some angry people this morning. So if the box says it is, and the monitor information says it is, its really running in 720p? Sorry if I seem a bit confused. It does look better when I run it in 1080p than 720p though.

Jack cw

You should care ;) There only a handful console games running at native 1080p from the framebuffer. Namely the likes of Wipeout or GT5. Of course its written on the box, you can scale a PSone game on a 4k display... see it supports 4K... This game in native 1080p and superior framerate will be a whole different experience and will look way better than that console 720p and its horrendous Ailaising.

Gattsu25

Banned
Well excuse me. Some angry people this morning. So if the box says it is, and the monitor information says it is, its really running in 720p? Sorry if I seem a bit confused. It does look better when I run it in 1080p than 720p though.
All that means is that the PS3's scaler is better than your TV's.

And yes, a lot of games run in lower resolutions and then scale up.

Caffeine

naa its just upscales most of last gen games were below 720p or at 720p then just upscaled to 1080p their were a few games that actually ran at 1080p The back of the box only indicates it supports upscaling to 1080p its a marketing trick that fools a lot of people

excessive it ran at a smooth 55-60 range 99% of the time. The human eye can barely see the difference between 40 frames and 60.

False the game ran 22-29 Fps

Oublieux

The game's native resolution is 720P. Your TV is saying it's 1080P because the game is scaled up (IE: stretched, in layman's terms) either by the console or TV itself to that resolution.

It's similar to how when you play a PC game at a lower resolution than your monitor but still ends up being full screen.

Violater

Game looked great on consoles, while the pics from the demo thread are not stellar the game should look phenomenal in motion on PC.

Suairyu

Banned
The back of the box indicates supported video modes, not rendering resolution. It's a rare console game that actually adjusts its rendering resolution with a change in the video mode resolution.

Violater

It looked decent but far from great. Ailaising and dithering and low res textures everywhere. IQ was pretty shitty and the jaggies were more annoying than the framerate.

Admittedly I played LOS at a point when I was in college and had taken a long break from gaming, so I was too busy having fun while I was playing the game to let all that other stuff get in the way.

Jack cw

Admittedly I played LOS at a point when I was in college and had taken a long break from gaming, so I was too busy having fun while I was playing the game to let all that other stuff get in the way.

Fair enough :) I just wanted to show the image quality from the console versions.

yamo

Not sure if posted before but it can pre-ordered on steam now for 22.49eur. Price is better than I would have hoped for.

tsab

Played the demo twice. On the second time tried 3D. It's not compatible, shadows are broken and I get a lowe framerate even with AO turned off.

Hopefully the final product will have a better support but daaaamn I almost bought it (again) :)

Dunkelgrau

Played the demo today. 60 FPS are awesome. I am interested.

This game is pretty much like DmC, right? Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed DmC. But I need something different right now. Should I give it a try?

Ahasverus

]blacky[;77613489 said:
Played the demo today. 60 FPS are awesome. I am interested.

This game is pretty much like DmC, right? Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed DmC. But I need something different right now. Should I give it a try?

ehh no? The game is not like DmC, is lighter on the combat and has far more puzzles and platfforming. The demo is not representative of the final product (lol)

Dunkelgrau

ehh no? The game is not like DmC, is lighter on the combat and has far more puzzles and platfforming. The demo is not representative of the final product (lol)
But DmC has had a lot of platforming, too.

How much do you have to fight compared to the other gameplay-elements, 70%? I don’t know.
And how essential is the system of leveling up attacks? I am no friend of this combo-shit, because I am to old to remember which buttons I have to press. ;)

Are there any open areas, just like in Tomb Raider or is it like Final Fantasy 13 in the first 80 hours? ;)

Ahasverus

]blacky[;77686501 said:
But DmC has had a lot of platforming, too.

How much do you have to fight compared to the other gameplay-elements, 70%? I don’t know.
And how essential is the system of leveling up attacks? I am no friend of this combo-shit, because I am to old to remember which buttons I have to press. ;)

Are there any open areas, just like in Tomb Raider or is it like Final Fantasy 13 in the first 80 hours? ;)

Fight 40, platfforming 30, puzzle 30. Leveling is not /imperative/ teotethically you could beat the game without byuing movements but why would you? they are fun and easy. And there are "opena reas" but not "tombraider" open, the first 2 hours are a lot like FF XIII.
And it's a better GoW than GoW, take that as you will :p

Dunkelgrau

Fight 40, platfforming 30, puzzle 30. Leveling is not /imperative/ teotethically you could beat the game without byuing movements but why would you? they are fun and easy. And there are "opena reas" but not "tombraider" open, the first 2 hours are a lot like FF XIII.
And it's a better GoW than GoW, take that as you will :p

Thanks.
I wanted to buy it yesterday after work. But then I saw that this hasn’t been released yet. Damn.

Top Bottom