• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division - Snowdrop Engine Video

I want to take the red pill but...

i3S633moO9WEB.gif

Saving this for any new game FROM announces.

After seeing Infamous I am not too blown away anymore by the looks of this game. It looks fantastic, don't get me wrong at all. Looks beautiful! Just not blown away.

Def. the best looking engine Ubisoft has going atm though. I don't see anything on screen going on that would force a downgrade on the PS4. I mean, just look at Killzone / Infamous / The Order for my reasoning.

TyrantII

After seeing Infamous I am not too blown away anymore by the looks of this game. It looks fantastic, don't get me wrong at all. Looks beautiful! Just not blown away.

Def. the best looking engine Ubisoft has going atm though. I don't see anything on screen going on that would force a downgrade on the PS4. I mean, just look at Killzone / Infamous / The Order for my reasoning.

There sheer amount of detail and randomness on screen is something. Which is suspect.

Reminds me of RE2/RE3 cityscapes, where we haven't really seen this type of detail outside of pre-rendered or fixed perspective.

rpd2.jpg

076.jpg

L.E._Books.jpg

Jack_Street1.jpg

R20B03.JPG

Resident_Evil___Jack_Street_by_XcombatX.jpg

In fact, can;t wait for the inevitable Classic RE mod :D

nin1000

Banned
this looks phenomenal ! but after the watch dogs fiasco i am sceptical at how this will turn out in the end ! but if this was the PC version they showed Oh my GOD!

#BELIEVE

Kevin

Ubisoft? I just hope the game doesn't end up looking like this by the time it's actually released:

Freedom-Fighters-PC-Game-download-free.jpg

Yes I am just joking. Besides Freedom Fighters was an awesome game. :)

imtehman

Banned
this is how it will look on PC. no way xbone/ps4 can look like taht. shame really

ap.gif

I don't buy it, Ubi.

the ryse fight against the minatour boss looks exactly like that, except on a smaller scale and not open world. no way xbone/ps4 can look like that unless its linear as fuk

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
AT 1:10 in the video you can see a dev (probably from the Audio team judging from the gear on his desk) using a pair of Sennheiser HD800 headphones.

Good taste.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
this is how it will look on PC. no way xbone/ps4 can look like taht. shame really

the ryse fight against the minatour boss looks exactly like that, except on a smaller scale and not open world. no way xbone/ps4 can look like that unless its linear as fuk

There's going to be a lot of XB1 games over the next 5 years that look better than Ryse. The Division will be only one of them.

OryoN

None of those games have anywhere close to the detail seen in The Division's trailer.

If WatchDogs on PS4 won't match the original trailer, and won't match high-end PCs, I don't see where this optimism is coming from.

That said, I was skeptical of the Division's trailer from day one since it was impossible for that to be running on actual console hardware at the time when software tools were in such an early stage. Ubisoft, as usual, wanted to show their product in the best light possible, and they were 'forced' to overshoot console hardware in order to do that. You'll see...

Is it me, or does this new content looks a bit less impressive that the original. Compression? :/

Chamber

love on your sleeve
None of those games have anywhere close to the detail seen in The Division's trailer.

If WatchDogs on PS4 won't match the original trailer, and won't match high-end PCs, I don't see where this optimism is coming from.

Different developer, different engine, no compromises to run on hardware from 2005, etc. Will The Division look better on high end PC? Duh. Will it still look awesome on PS4? Yes, it will. "But Watch Dogs" isn't a valid argument.

R_Deckard

For me the best part of the video is that they reused the famous closing police car door footage.

iioQKRQhHLx8N.gif

I spread that shit all over the internet.
I forgot how sweet that is, and this all makes me think that ND will beat this with UC4... Can you imagine?

here's two more

vmgtpu.gif

That lighting is serious business. Definitely a step into real sunlight territory. Not happening on consoles, but anything to push PC ultra settings requirements higher is good. Textures good too. Memory is less and less of a constraint now. Let the textures flow.

Phlebas

Banned
That lighting is serious business. Definitely a step into real sunlight territory. Not happening on consoles, but anything to push PC ultra settings requirements higher is good. Textures good too. Memory is less and less of a constraint now. Let the textures flow.

What do you imagine the recommended card for this will be? I imagine GTX 680+ ?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This has nothing to do with anything since the downgraded footage from Watch_Dogs was originally advertised as PS4, and now it's not even certain that the PC version will have access to those graphics.

What part of this site's motto. Do you not understand? >_>

Top Bottom