• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long now! Sooooooon.

9c1_zps9af75ea3.gif

Roki6

Banned
still no rumors...

someone should put Balmer and Mattrick faces on this with caption "what Xbox?" or "what rumors?"

or "there is no Xbox Infinity"

MIB-450x275.jpg

talan619

Neo Member
I've heard(from friend of this guy) 343i actually have 5 projects right now,and 2 of them are new ip(yeah,seems they're not just developing Halo),but none of them is Halo Wars 2
That Chinese Microsoft guy teasing something in Weibo(China's Twitter) today.
aPwT9Zm.png

EflPmrv.png

So Rare and Lionhead will show their new games at next xbox event !?

Rare -> New IP ?
Lionhead -> ??? a UE4-powered game?

Courage

aPwT9Zm.png

EflPmrv.png

Rare -> New IP ?

We already "know" Rare is working on a physics based Kinect game. I'm sure they're also gonna revive one of their old franchises.

Lionhead's MMO-style game will also probably be shown.

ok thanks for the answer. But you know you can just let people be wrong....its just a hype thread...

It is not about who is right and who is wrong (He is definitely right), but more about his role and behaviour in a thread that should be all about hype and unrealistic expectations.

Sorry man all the shit rumors have killed as good as any hype.
We need some small developers tweets next week. And a new OT the silence from microsoft is kinda hurting hype.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Sorry man all the shit rumors have killed as good as any hype.
We need some small developers tweets next week. And a new OT the silence from microsoft is kinda hurting hype.

So basically you're going to let unfounded rumors destroy hype for something?

Sounds more like you wish these rumors were true.

So basically you're going to let unfounded rumors destroy hype for something?

Sounds more like you wish these rumors were true.

Look up my post history.
You can clearly put my in the xbox corner for sure.

But 1.2 TFlops is for personally a bit meh.
Dont get me wrong 1.8 is also meh.

For always online internet here in the Netherland is fairly stable dropping like once or twice for a morning or a afternoon.
So not a big problem. That is why i want some developers tweet to get some hype because the specs rumors aren't doing it.

Edit: Hype + 1 didn't see above tweets hope to see some cool ARPG with combat and bosses like dragon dogma from Lion head. Nothing better then go shadow of the colossus on a huge dragon.

Izick

Given that twitter contest stuff, we have to see Titan at the event right? Might not be gameplay, but we'll at least see a teaser. I really hope we see gaemplay though, because I'm super curious to see what a game allegedly running on the Source engine looks like on a next-gen console.

p3tran

Banned
Can´t wait for double Kinect action

.. on p.o.s. ddr3 memory

amirite?

dragonelite said:
thats exactly the absolute SILLIEST reason for ps4-only guys to brag.(not you)

given where pc high-end is today, BOTH machines on paper seem to be not ahead, not equal, but behind,
and its a bit funny reading stuff like "1.8 beats 1.2 oh yeah!!"
unless there is some magick sauce we are missing, neither wont be enough for a good "console generation" as these two companies like to calculate one.

p.s.
I like that Chinese tweet. what else that guy says?
rare has delivered some pretty great experiences like nuts and bolts.
I expect great things from them.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Look up my post history.

For always online internet here in the Netherland is fairly stable dropping like once or twice for a morning or a afternoon. So not a big problem. That is why i want some developers tweet to get some hype because the specs rumors aren't doing it.

Like I said before you're going to let rumors that no one can even prove to be true or false ruin any hype for something? C'mon now you're a adult think for yourself and don't let rumors stop you before you even hear something official.

You can put every positive and negative rumor about the next Xbox together but it still wouldn't amount to anything beyond speculation and unverified sources.

Look up my post history.

For always online internet here in the Netherland is fairly stable dropping like once or twice for a morning or a afternoon.
So not a big problem. That is why i want some developers tweet to get some hype because the specs rumors aren't doing it.

Edit: Hype + 1 didn't see above tweets hope to see some cool ARPG with combat and bosses like dragon dogma from Lion head. Nothing better then go shadow of the colossus on a huge dragon.

I have a 4 TFLop card that can't run BF3 at 60 FPS locked...I was so disappointed with it. Tflops don't mean crap. More recently a convergence of good art and good tech has impressed me the most. Case in point, Bioshock Infinite!! Great art + solid tech = beautiful game. Infinite blew me away, Crysis 3 did nothing.

abadguy

Banned
We already "know" Rare is working on a physics based Kinect game. I'm sure they're also gonna revive one of their old franchises.

Lionhead's MMO-style game will also probably be shown.

Rare is said to be working on multiple games recently, there were rumors of them working on a water based race, they've been hiring a crapload of people from Codemasters, and not too long ago they were looking for people with FPS experience and said to be working on a shooter or adventure title.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I have a 4 TFLop card that can't run BF3 at 60 FPS locked...I was so disappointed with it. Tflops don't mean crap. More recently a convergence of good art and good tech has impressed me the most. Case in point, Bioshock Infinite!! Great art + solid tech = beautiful game. Infinite blew me away, Crysis 3 did nothing.

I thought we've known for a while that flops mean just about nothing.

Rare is said to be working on multiple games recently, there were rumors of them working on a wate based race, they've been hiring a crapload of people from Codemasters, and not too long ago they were looking for people with FPS experience and said to be working on a shooter or adventure title.

blood_wake_344478-1.jpg~original

make-it-so.jpg~original

KidBeta

I thought we've known for a while that flops mean just about nothing.

Well lets not say that they mean nothing because thats not entirely true, what they mean is a maximum throughput of floating points operations the system can do.

What it is using those for on the other hand is another question and also a lot harder to answer.

Dabanton

aPwT9Zm.png

EflPmrv.png

Rare -> New IP ?

I'm especially intrested to see what Lionhead and Rare are working on. Phil Spencer mentioned visiting Lionhead recently. Ted Timmins is a designer at Lionhead.

screenshot2013-05-11an9u7l.png

FordGTGuy

Banned
Well lets not say that they mean nothing because thats not entirely true, what they mean is a maximum throughput of floating points operations the system can do.

What it is using those for on the other hand is another question and also a lot harder to answer.

Which translates to nothing in real world rendering performance.

It's a very wild benchmark.

FordGTGuy

Banned
....because memory bandwidth is important in graphics rendering?

Because you wanted to bring something that actually mattered to performance in order to make FLOPs look better....

Memory bandwidth = important.
FLOPs = Dick length contest that means nothing in real performance.

FLOPs are like saying that on paper my truck can pull X amount of weight, it means nothing in the real world.

KAL2006

Banned
I think Rare may be working on 2 games. 1 physics based Kinect game that will be a showcase for Kinect to and ready for launch. And a hardcore IP they will revive that will be announced but not for launch window. Lionhead will liekly be back with Fable except it will be much bigger and focus on online multiplayer (basically MMO). We'll also get the usual racer for launch (PGR5) and Ryse whioch will be a hybrid controller and Kinect game. Finally the big megaton will be Tita being exclusive as well as exclusive DLC for major 3rd party games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom