• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman - Featurette - Making Of

Theorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikMGXsbZn9Q

Quite alot of new footage and behind the scenes. That icecream scene. So adorable haha. Believe thats a throwback also to Justice League War right?

LeadingUnsteadyFieldmouse.gif

Pachimari

I'm starting to be worried about the use of slow-motion, if it'll have a tad bit too much of it in battles. Anyway, I'm still very much curious and excited to see this come June 1!

Great featurette. Really liked to hear Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot talk about the heroism and selflessness of the character. That's really been missing from the DCEU to this point. I'm glad they understand the hero part of superhero that Snyder didn't seem to be interested in with his films.

My view on this film has always ranged from hopeful to optimistic, but this week I've tilted into full hype mode. Gal and Chris seem to have great chemistry. All of the action choreography looks fantastic too. She really put in a ton of work, and so did the rest of the women. Patty's killing it too. It's going to be the best DC film in nearly a decade. Can't wait to see it.

My WW hype is off the charts now. That icecream bit from New 52 Justice League (sortof) made it into the movie! And those action scenes look siiick.

Xero

I'm starting to be worried about the use of slow-motion, if it'll have a tad bit too much of it in battles. Anyway, I'm still very much curious and excited to see this come June 1!

some slow motion in fights isnt bad. I dont know where this knee jerk reaction comes from when any hint of slow mo is in an action scene. Its 10x better then shaky actions scenes or scenes with a lot of cuts, and lets you see the action better. Haven't the trailer has only showed a few scenes with slow mo in it anyway.

Pachimari

some slow motion in fights isnt bad. I dont know where this knee jerk reaction comes from when any hint of slow mo is in an action scene. Its 10x better then shaky actions scenes or scenes with a lot of cuts, and lets you see the action better. Haven't the trailer has only showed a few scenes with slow mo in it anyway.

I don't think my reaction is close to being a "knee jerk reaction" at all, especially not since, I've refrained from even mentioning slow-motion scenes in this movie. There's a few bits of slow-motion in the action sequences in the trailers they've shown, and a little bit more in this feature, but yes, it makes me a little concerned, but nowhere have anyone said or implied it'll be a bad thing or something ruining the movie. Just, that I hope it won't be excessive or overdone. On the contrary, I think your reaction to my reaction is jumping the gun, unless you're talking about other specific people who's been repeatedly concerned.

Xero

I don't think my reaction is close to being a "knee jerk reaction" at all, especially not since, I've refrained from even mentioning slow-motion scenes in this movie. There's a few bits of slow-motion in the action sequences in the trailers they've shown, and a little bit more in this feature, but yes, it makes me a little concerned, but nowhere have anyone said or implied it'll be a bad thing or something ruining the movie. Just, that I hope it won't be excessive or overdone. On the contrary, I think your reaction to my reaction is jumping the gun, unless you're talking about other specific people who's been repeatedly concerned.

it was not in reference to only you, Ive seen a few people bring it up in similar threads. It was a more general statement based on your post from others ive seen and not necessarily personally aimed at you. I should have clarified it was more a rant at the numerous other posts I had seen and not just on this movie.

Pachimari

it was not in reference to only you, Ive seen a few people bring it up in similar threads. It was a more general statement based on your post from others ive seen and not necessarily personally aimed at you. I should have clarified it was more a rant at the numerous other posts I had seen and not just on this movie.

Oh, yeah, well, if the mentioning of slow-motion has been repeatedly voiced as a concern, then I follow you. I've been very okay with it, and it gives some of the scenes that "oomph" that can enhance a scene, like when Wonder Woman breaks the weapon on her back.

There's a fair amount of slow mo in the movie. It's usually to convey the enhanced perception of Diana. Say, usually when she deflects bullets it's (obviously) incredibly quick; on occasion it shows her blocking from her perspective. Less the ramping up and down of a 300.

I enjoyed the part with all the ladies training.

Gadot's looks impressive in the behind the scenes shots where she towers over the production staff, lol.

it was not in reference to only you, Ive seen a few people bring it up in similar threads. .

It's because slo-motion = Zack Snyder for a lot of people, in the same way lensflare = JJ Abrams. It's memes-as-criticism coming into play. The automatic negative association is basically reflex.

Pachi's obviously not doing that based on his posts, but I've seen it too from more than a few people, and it's bascially just reflex.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

Well I for one mentioned this in one of the early WW threads and I'm still disliking the use of slow-motion, well ever since 300 came out. It basically felt like the movie was spamming the slow-mo in every fight which at the end (and among other things) took me out of the movie.

Top Bottom