• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

Christopher

Half the charm of this game too was the cartoon style of the game many many of us grew up on...I wish they kept that feel to it, also hopefully it has that awful intro song lol

Sanjuro

Dan said:
That part doesn't look good to me at all. Everything was moving way too fast.
I disagree. The fact they are ninjas they should be moving at a much faster pace, combined with the potential of more on screen enemies this would be very badass.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Christopher said:
Half the charm of this game too was the cartoon style of the game many many of us grew up on...I wish they kept that feel to it, also hopefully it has that awful intro song lol

This.

After watching the video I am not liking how it's shaping up. I don't have any rosetinted memories of the original either since I had never played it. This remake just looks kinda loose and imprecise controlwise.

GrayFoxPL

Don't want to derail the thread, but I just wanted to ask if there are any decent turtles games made in the last 10 years or so?

I think there were 3 on PS2 and I played the demo of one of them it was incredibly bad. There was gba one with nice gfx but shitty gameplay.

Oh was the latest movie game out or was it cancelled?

This remake looks nice. They most likely went with the arcade version because of licence issues. I'm just guessing.

Sanjuro

GrayFoxPL said:
Don't want to derail the thread, but I just wanted to ask if there are any decent turtles games made in the last 10 years or so?

I think there were 3 on PS2 and I played the demo of one of them it was incredibly bad. There was gba one with nice gfx but shitty gameplay.

This remake looks nice. They most likely went with the arcade version because of licence issues. I'm just guessing.
Decent....? On consoles, not really. The movie game was pretty good for a quick play.

The best one was the TMNT movie game released on the GBA. It was sort of like River City Ransom / Old TMNT arcade game. I have it up for sale still I believe in the buy/sell/trade thread if you are interested.

GrayFoxPL

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Decent....? On consoles, not really. The movie game was pretty good for a quick play.

The best one was the TMNT movie game released on the GBA. It was sort of like River City Ransom / Old TMNT arcade game. I have it up for sale still I believe in the buy/sell/trade thread if you are interested.

Thnx but my gba is broken. Doesn't hold the power even with new batteries.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
GrayFoxPL said:

XBLA games if possible tend to go for the Arcade version, though it is odd if they are doing a remake that they would leave out the extra SNES content.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
The video knocked my interest in the game down a peg or two due to the 8 direction attacks (which might be seriously easy to exploit if all the enemies still attack on two directions, which most of them looked like they did) and that it's definitely a port of the arcade version instead of the SNES version.

Still getting it though, and probably the (almost inevitable) SNES Virtual Console release. If this remake is available on the Wii too then it would be frickin' awesome, but no big deal if not.

DCX

DCX
I like what they did, however i hate that the SNES levels didn't make it. Wonder if it has to do with Nintendo being behind the exclusivity of them.

DCX

Davey Cakes

Christopher said:
If you've noticed, a lot of XBLA remakes lose a lot of the charm of their originals.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Too much complaining for such a small amount of info for this game.

With that said, I'm very excited for the concept, but will wait to see how well it's executed.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Rash said:
If you've noticed, a lot of XBLA remakes lose a lot of the charm of their originals.

^ this sub-discussion seems to be anti/rose-tinted in theme.

sprites are charming, but somehow now 3d clean graphics are not a plus? the game came out almost 20 years ago.. and its a remake. if you want the same game graphically its always there too, you know?

as for gameplay, it looks even faster because the animations have that quick moving sprite look. i didnt find it looking floaty or mushy at all. except the stock "getting up" animation that the foot soldiers have.

all valid bitching and gripes should be directed at the remake not being a definitive version that has the little extras from the SNES version. i suppose it wont be the same without the "Alleycat Bluues" and "Pizzatime!" FX.

Sanjuro

People will complain about a straight port.
People will complain about a remake.
People will complain about re-drawn sprites.
People will complain about Big Apple 3 A.M. as it promotes late night gang activity.

I only got to play TiT in the Arcade when I was younger. The remake looks great from that Youtube video and I have to say I'm pretty excited for it.

Marvie_3

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:

Yes! The GBA game was awesome.

AlStrong

Marrshu said:
There's no guarantee all those WILL be missing. I'm just stating what was different from the SNES and Arcade version. For all anyone knows it could be the best of both versions. It's still in Alpha, after all.

hm... the stage select screen shows 9 from which to choose.

Judging by the size of this thread, this game is of the most anticipated games of the year- certainly the most intriguing XBLA prospect bar none.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Threi said:
seriously though what the fuck is up with the diagonal attacks...
Wait, what? Please tell me there's not diagonal attacks.

Top Bottom