• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko No Tatsujin Drum Session coming out in english in Southeast Asia

https://youtu.be/IWi_jEv1sK4

Bandai Namco has announced that it will release Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session!, or Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master): Session de Dodon ga Don! as it's known in Japan, for PlayStation 4 with English subtitles in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, and Indonesia) in 2017.

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! will be available as a standalone release or as a bundle including the game and ”PlayStation 4 Taiko Drum Set" controller.

The Japanese drum rhythm action game features over 70 songs ranging from the latest hits to classics, variety, and official soundtrack songs. Users can play remotely with friends and family in ”Friend Session Play" mode, or challenge popular characters and celebrities such as Doraemon, Hello Kitty, Hatsune Miku, Pac-Man, and Heihachi Mishima in ”Guest Session Play" mode.

In Japan, Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! will launch for PlayStation 4 on October 26

Article reposted from http://gematsu.com/2017/07/taiko-no-...a-english-2017

sugarless

Song list? Love the original Namco tracks for this game, such as Saitama 2000 and Scroll Mika. I can still pretty much do those from memory.

Dazza

South East Asia means that anyone living outside that region would be locked out of any DLC right?

As with any PSN DLC you'll have to make an account belonging to that region and buy it thru that. Then tie your PS4 as being the primary console for that account if you want to play it through other accounts on that PS4

Theswweet

Considering it's a rhythm game, I think I'll stick with the JP release. Pretty sure Asian releases have had issues with certain DLC songs in the past...

First time Taiko is in English since 2004 - I assume the voice work will all be in Japanese still but having the menus and song titles translated is really nice. I'd buy a PS4 today for this game if I had the money, I play Taiko on my Wii U and 3DS everyday. DS4 would be fine for it - I know Taiko had no chance of coming to Xbox One but even if it did I'm not sure I could play well enough with it's controller.

Wow, I can't believe speculation that the UI change was to accommodate English text was right, lol.

Though it makes sense cuz Southeast Asia gets an officially supported (albeit a bit gimped) version of the arcade game with English press. Very neat that importers will get this as an option too.

Song list? Love the original Namco tracks for this game, such as Saitama 2000 and Scroll Mika. I can still pretty much do those from memory.

Here's a translated version of the song list for the Japanese release, it's possible some licenses won't make it into this version.

Rektash

Oh man, that's fantastic. I loved Taiko no Tatsujin DS back in the day. I might just order the SEA version from playasia or something!

Considering it's a rhythm game, I think I'll stick with the JP release. Pretty sure Asian releases have had issues with certain DLC songs in the past...

Same. If it was just the base game I'd be all on this, but I imagine DLC is going to make it a bit more complicated of a situation and hassle.

I just realized that the one track excluded from the EN trailer is actually in the Asian version of the arcade game soooo, not sure what the deal is there. It could very well be in the game, or negotiations to include it in the console version could be ongoing. I shouldn't have spoken too soon, lol

How limited are these releases? Do I have to pre order to get a hold of the drum bundle?

Probably not, but it's been forever since a bundle has been sold outside of Japan. Worst case, they're gonna keep manufacturing the standalone controller for a long time in Japan and you can import that.

Does it have the evangelion theme song?

In the Japanese version yes, and I'm very confident it'll be retained in the EN release.
edit: actually it's def in, there's a screen of it in the english version in the press pack

Intel_89

The drum will most likely be USB, right? If so this should be compatible with OSU which would be a great little bonus.

Kinda worried about the gimped track list now that I read the talk about it here, I had no idea that the Vita version got some songs cut in its Asia release.

Intel_89

Uh, so I got the trial available on the Japanese PSN today and the game is in English.... Now I regret ordering the Asia version. :/

Both the (Japanese exclusive) PS+ demo and general demo include Japanese, Chinese, Korean and English text depending on your PS4's system language. We don't know if the full game will be like that but it certainly seems possible.

Also, despite what I posted above, later trailers didn't indicate any song removals in the Asian version, with there even being DLC parity between regions, which has never happened for Taiko before.

Poppyseed

So is it confirmed which version has ENGLISH MENUS etc or not? I see rumblings that the Japanese version does? For a USA PS4, the Asian version says region free but Japanese version doesn’t.

Help!

Intel_89

So is it confirmed which version has ENGLISH MENUS etc or not? I see rumblings that the Japanese version does? For a USA PS4, the Asian version says region free but Japanese version doesn’t.

Help!

This Southeast Asia version is fully translated into English with Japanese voice acting while the Japanese version supposedly isn't in English despite the fact that you can play a demo that's on the Japanse PSN in English.

TL;DR; Get the Asia version, the Japanese one might not be in English.

Poppyseed

This Southeast Asia version is fully translated into English with Japanese voice acting while the Japanese version supposedly isn't in English despite the fact that you can play a demo that's on the Japanse PSN in English.

TL;DR; Get the Asia version, the Japanese one might not be in English.

Ok thanks. Ordering.

Kid Ying

I guess that makes It the First time since PS2.

Well, i'm pretty used to play in japanese, but in curious to see how the game was translated in the asian version. Might get this one If it's cheap on playasia.

DoT2

This game also coming out in South Korea? I'm currently here on vacation and would like to pick it up if it is.

Poppyseed

Just to be clear, by that I meant the South Easter Asian version that's in English. It's easy to tell which one it is on Play-Asia or you can simply check the link that I posted earlier and go there that way.

Right. Ordered it and an extra drum set. Was about $40 shipping for game/drum set + extra drum set. Thanks!

KemoSabe

I'm so buying the bundle next month. After Mario Odyssee...
Loved taiko on the DS, with drums it should even be better.

kirby2096

I noticed there's a free Deemo song pack on the PSN Japan store but not on the HK store.

http://taikotime.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/never-left-without-saying-goodbye-da.html
http://taikotime.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/taiko-ps4-update-cross-over-prerelease.html

It appears it was meant to be a pre-order bonus for the digital release but was pulled. However it should come with the first print edition of the physical copy (not sure if JPN/ASIA variants will differ). Hopefully it's not a licensing issue for the Asia ver.

Edit: I tried installing the Deemo pack dlc from the PSN Japan store and it works on the HK store digital download. Looks like the Japan and Asia versions are exactly the same this time, albeit the Japan store digital download still gets Burning Force Medley as an added extra..

This game is kicking my ass though, looks like I'll be in training mode hell for a long time. Using the Project Diva mini controller as it's easier for me to switch notes than on the DS4.

Poppyseed

I noticed there's a free Deemo song pack on the PSN Japan store but not on the HK store.

http://taikotime.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/never-left-without-saying-goodbye-da.html
http://taikotime.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/taiko-ps4-update-cross-over-prerelease.html

It appears it was meant to be a pre-order bonus for the digital release but was pulled. However it should come with the first print edition of the physical copy (not sure if JPN/ASIA variants will differ). Hopefully it's not a licensing issue for the Asia ver.

Edit: I tried installing the Deemo pack dlc from the PSN Japan store and it works on the HK store digital download. Looks like the Japan and Asia versions are exactly the same this time, albeit the Japan store digital download still gets Burning Force Medley as an added extra..

This game is kicking my ass though, looks like I'll be in training mode hell for a long time. Using the Project Diva mini controller as it's easier for me to switch notes than on the DS4.

So this means all JPN Taiko DLC works with the Asian version I just physically bought?

kirby2096

So this means all JPN Taiko DLC works with the Asian version I just physically bought?

Yep! There's actually only the one version for all regions, as Taiko on both Asia and Japan PSN stores sport the same identifier (CUSA07515). Taiko DLC is cross-region compatible, and is not account limited either as I'm playing on my main account.

Aw man, watching videos of people with the tatacon makes me want to get one too.

Poppyseed

Yep! There's actually only the one version for all regions, as Taiko on both Asia and Japan PSN stores sport the same identifier (CUSA07515). Taiko DLC is cross-region compatible, and is not account limited either as I'm playing on my main account.

Aw man, watching videos of people with the tatacon makes me want to get one too.

Thank you.

Now what is this tatacon thing and what does it do?

Top Bottom