• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 is an Xbox Play Anywhere title (Buy once, play on PC and X1)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That's neat, and first third party title that has done this, no? Since Sony has very obviously been helping fund RE7 and not Microsoft.

Capcom has been making some very interesting moves this last week with Resident Evil 7, first with announcing a free DLC expansion of RE7 for all owners of the game releasing in May, and now with this. Not bad.

shanafan

Good value for people with both PC and Xbox but anyone serious about playing on PC will just get the Steam version.

How so? I like to consider myself a "serious" gamer, and I haven't heard any issues with the W10 store. I have only downloaded GoW 4, ReCore and Forza Horizon 3 from it, but so far so good. If it's a MP game though, I would get it on Steam over W10, like COD: IW. Larger playerbase obviously on Steam.

But, whether it's Steam or W10, it's the same game I am playing at the end of the day.

Theorry

Really hope this is gonna the future also for MS exclusive games. Release it also on steam but if you want play anywhere get it on the W10 store. Still value to the W10 store and you get alot of extra sales with steam. Win win.

Bsigg12

Now i'm torn between Steam/Xbox

Wait to see what the performance is like on the Windows 10 Store version and go from there.

I'm curious if Microsoft is cutting Capcom a deal on the percentage they take for each digital purchase to get them to be OK with this.

How so? I like to consider myself a "serious" gamer, and I haven't heard any issues with the W10 store. I have only downloaded GoW 4, ReCore and Forza Horizon 3 from it, but so far so good. If it's a MP game though, I would get it on Steam over W10, like COD: IW. Larger playerbase obviously on Steam.

But, whether it's Steam or W10, it's the same game I am playing at the end of the day.

UWP doesn't support mods and other add ons and Windows Store games are full price, also some people have had problems downloading games from the store too.

Steam is just better for PC gamers and way more flexible, normally has great deals and sales, supporting mods, has a great refund policy and like you say bigger user base for MP games.

Jawmuncher

Well shit. If I bought it, me and my brother could play. But I have steam credit....hmmm

Wait to see what the performance is like on the Windows 10 Store version and go from there.

I'm curious if Microsoft is cutting Capcom a deal on the percentage they take for each digital purchase to get them to be OK with this.

Considering the mess DR4 had with it's not being play anywhere. Was probably a case between the two. "We don't mind making play anywhere, but sales being solo isn't helping anything". Was probably a realization for both of them. Hopefully this means more such deals in the future. It's the only thing that would have me consider buying digital pc titles on W10

shanafan

UWP doesn't support mods and other add ons and Windows Store games are full price.

Steam is just better for PC gamers and way more flexible, normally has great deals and sales, supporting mods, has a great refund policy and like you say bigger user base for MP games.

Ah, ok. I have played around with mods for WWE 2K16, so that is a good point. I wasn't aware of the restrictions, but I guess it does make sense finding the games folder for UWP rather difficult than Steam/Steamapps/Common.

ParityBit

Forza Horizon 3's W10 performance and their ineptitude to fix the issues completely destroyed any confidence I had in Xbox Play Anywhere.

Hopefully it runs better.

I have zero issues witrh FH3 since I bought it in December.

This is awesome, I will get it now.

MaulerX

This is fucking awesome! Really digging being able to play at home and continue where I left off on my PC and Laptop on the go. They should do this for more games. Keep it coming!

So in other words, there is no real benefit or incentive to buy this on the Windows Store for those of us who don't own or are planning to own an XBONE. For people who have XBONEs and play on PC as well, this is a good deal.

Gren

Wow, they finally got a 3rd party on board with the program. Although it's not totally analagous (given how low Capcom's forecast of Win Store sales probably are), it's similar to a pub making their AAA title cross-buy on PS4 & Vita, aka I can't even recall if it's ever happened before.

W10 Rise of the Tomb Raider got all the update and dlc.
Right, but I'm saying that VR support is questionable.
Vive is Valve's baby so I doubt any Vive titles will be supported in a Window's Store product. Oculus perhaps, but we haven't seen any VR titles in the Windows 10 Store yet to my knowledge, have we?

Top Bottom