• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AOTF: Super Lucky’s Tale is an enjoyable child-friendly exclusive for Xbox One

SOR5

Nice article on a relatively cheap game, I think this will go with Cuphead and Ori as some important signs of Xbox trying to diversify its lineup.

Source: https://aotf.com/articles/preview-s...oyable-child-friendly-exclusive-for-xbox-one/

jmhvKah.jpg

Super Lucky’s Tale is a return to the era of late original Xbox and very early 360, the era where Microsoft let Rare make games instead of Kinect tech demos that don’t really work properly. (Trust me, I spent four hours playing Kinect games last week.) Developed by Playful Corp as a sequel to the Oculus Rift exclusive Lucky’s Tale, this adorable 3D-Platformer takes you through a bright and endearing world to rescue the Book of Ages from the evil villain Jinx who wants to use it to reshape the world.

KNT-Zero

Then again, the biggest selling games in the console are the "mature" ones, so this attempt of diversifying is going to take a lot more.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Pre-ordered the other day using Russian gift cards The one minor complaint I might have is that one of the previews said he feels like the movement is too slow.

xabbott

Then again, the biggest selling games in the console are the "mature" ones, so this attempt of diversifying is going to take a lot more.

Huh? On XB1 Minecraft and Roblox have been pretty huge.

Edit: Not to mention Microsoft is pushing all those remastered 360/kinect games this fall. My daughter already wants the Disney one.

sibarraz

Banned
I want to get excited for this game since I love the aesthetic, but I never liked those collectathon games from rare

Rodelero

Saw this being played a bit at EGX and it just didn't really feel like it did anything particularly new or interesting. Visually appealling, deeply charming, but completely lacking in any innovation, at least in the demo level. I suppose the franchise's innovation was in VR, and Super Lucky's Tale has removed that innovation.

Poorly written article. Focusing on the "exclusivity" doesn't add anything to their message. They don't even mention that the game is coming out on PC as well.

G0523

The game was alright from what I played at E3. It's very visually appealing and Lucky the Fox is sooo adorable! It was a little on the easy side from what I played and pretty linear though. I might still get it just because it's a 3D platformer.

Also, much to my surprise, it's being developed by an Oculus Rift studio named Playful. I never even heard of the Oculus Rift version of this game. I thought this was going to be developed by Rare when I first saw the video at the Xbox E3 conference. Lol.

And it looks like it's going to be really cheap when it releases too! Only $30!

The original Lucky's Tale was a bundled launch title for Oculus Rift.

I'm still not sure if this "sequel" reuses levels from the original game or if they made all-new levels.

Synth

The original Lucky's Tale was a bundled launch title for Oculus Rift.

I'm still not sure if this "sequel" reuses levels from the original game or if they made all-new levels.

I played through the original game. Nothing I've seen from this one looks to have come from it.

Xumbrega

Banned
I just want to see extended gameplays on different levels, the only extended gameplay they released was the E3 level..

Buzzman

Banned
Sucks that it's named after a white supremacist...

Edit: WELP NEVERMIND I apologize, I thought Lucky's tale was made by Oculus directly, and hence the name. But that was just an unhappy coincidence. Keeping the comment up so people can laugh at my idiocy.

Gestault

I'd love a demo. The more I hear, the more I feel like this will be my jam. The article mentions it, but I love this drip of not-AAA-but-also-not-indie games hitting PC and Xbox for the next couple months. Ori and Cuphead are in that same sort of "brainspace" for me.

Edit: Oh jeeze, the people pretending to be upset at the branding are here.

VanWinkle

I love 3D platformers, and there haven't been a huge amount of great ones lately. If it turns out really well, I'll get it for sure.

Top Bottom