• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BurnOut 3: Takedown for PS2

OK, so, now that one of the most anticipated games from E3 is almost here, this thread has been created for registered users with PS2s and the Broadband Adaptor. Use this thread to share gamer tags, confirm the possession of the game, and get some trash talk started

* This is not a thread for XBots to bash the PS2 version of the game. Any such actions will result in a one month account suspension

* This is also not a thread for PS2 Hawks to come in and bash the XBox version, either. This will also result in a one month account suspension

Rorschach

I am, but I didn't bother posting because this will end up like the Madden ps2 threads. All EA PS2 games are doooooomed on GAF. ><

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Hopefully I'll snag a copy tonight. In which case the tag will be the same one as I use here.

teepo

i'm getting it some time this week.

still debating on which version to get but since the ps2 version supports the wheel... i'll probally be playing with tenchir and the very few people who will be playing the ps2 ver :(.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I can be available for a game session sometime this evening. Tag is actually kachingPrime.

tenchir, I had a few problems with that last night, but was able to locate a few games to play in.

shuri

Banned
tenchir said:
I cannot join a single online game. I keep getting communication error with other players.

open port 1079 udp incoming. Thats what I got from checking my firewall logs. And now i can join any games

edit: for the xbox version

9/9 8PM PDT
US Central Server
room name: GAF
pass: GAFS

I'll host, user name is WsbiKing

BTW, you guys using a keyboard? does it work? cause it doesn't like my KB.

EDIT: for PS2, open UDP 3658-3659 for gameplay, UDP 6000-6001 for voice

i just picked it up. Got into your room Wasabi, but it kept booting me out for some reason. Give me more time to get into the single player anyway though. Haven't had any luck with the keyboard either though, i don't think it even supports it. Sucks, cause my headset is at my brother's house right now. anyway, my burnout name is "Spoonman28" (same as in Madden last year) so look me up and we'll get in some races.

Rorschach

Ack should have checked here earlier, but I played a bit offline and it's focking awesome. Look forward to playing online.

I guessing you got booted out because I set the minimum car class as muscle. Get your single player skills together, then reschedule for sometime next week. :)

RuGalz

Welp I guess I'll host game tonight and either wait for you guys to join or my friends to join :p

US Central / GAF / GAFS

Let's set up a game tonight, 10 PM EDT/7 PM PDT.

I'm going to think Central Server again. Coupe class ok with everyone? I've unlocked Super, but I don't think everyone's at the same level. I'll host... game name and pass TBA.

tenchir

I am still having trouble joining a game. I keep getting communication with other players error. I open all the ports that you guys listed and it doesn't work. This is the only online game so far that is giving me headaches. Fight Night 2004 and Madden 2003 isn't giving me any trouble, so I don't understand why this game wouldn't work online for me.

tenchir said:
I am still having trouble joining a game. I keep getting communication with other players error. I open all the ports that you guys listed and it doesn't work. This is the only online game so far that is giving me headaches. Fight Night 2004 and Madden 2003 isn't giving me any trouble, so I don't understand why this game wouldn't work online for me.

I'd like to think it is an issue on the hosts end. Anyway, try to give it a shot in a few minutes, and hopefully you can get in.

OK:

US Central
Game: GAF
Pass: GAFS
Coupe Class - Host Restriction

We start with racing, and move on from there...

tenchir

WasabiKing said:
I'd like to think it is an issue on the hosts end. Anyway, try to give it a shot in a few minutes, and hopefully you can get in.

OK:

US Central
Game: GAF
Pass: GAFS
Coupe Class - Host Restriction

We start with racing, and move on from there...

Argh! I am still getting kicked out!!

now I'm having problems connecting to Rors... I'm going to e-mail EA and post away. This is totally disappointing, I can play other people, in fact, someone I know, but not you guys...

I connected with one guy, and he wasn't behind a router, and I've had no problems playing... anyway, let's see what EA says. This is kinda crappy.

tenchir

Seems like EA is finally going to fix the problems.

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56597

Electronic Arts has announced that its PS2 Online and Xbox Live titles - including the now-officially chart-topping Burnout 3: Takedown - will suffer a degree of downtime today as the publisher performs "scheduled server maintenance," including "lobbyserver deployment," for Burnout 3. Fans of the game will be hoping that this may go some way to alleviating the strain on EA's hardware that seems to have caused so much trouble for Criterion's game since its official release on Friday.

Top Bottom