• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Tonton

Surprised they are releasing Vita and PS4 together, did the Vita version even launch in Japan yet?

Now there's only 3rd left (which i'm really thinking it's gonna be in June) for XSEED and they should announce the rest of the year/start of the next year at E3, right?
Unless they pull an Estival Versus PC kind of announcement -> release

Saphirax

Surprised they are releasing Vita and PS4 together, did the Vita version even launch in Japan yet?

Now there's only 3rd left (which i'm really thinking it's gonna be in June) for XSEED and they should announce the rest of the year/start of the next year at E3, right?
Unless they pull an Estival Versus PC kind of announcement -> release

If it's like last time, they'll announce their games just before E3 and showcase them there.

If it's like last time, they'll announce their games just before E3 and showcase them there.

Yup. I know Ken Berry has recently said they've got a lot of PC-focused announcements coming, but I'm hopeful they'll have some console stuff to show prior to E3.

Although what there could be for Vita, I dunno.

Saphirax

Yup. I know Ken Berry has recently said they've got a lot of PC-focused announcements coming, but I'm hopeful they'll have some console stuff to show prior to E3.

Although what there could be for Vita, I dunno.

I don't expect anything from them anymore. Even the otome game they've teased will probably be PC only.

Shizuka

I wouldn't be surprised if XSEED is moving towards becoming a PC publisher first and foremost. In terms of volumes, they're already releasing more PC games than console ones.

Also, the Madelyn Kickstarter is a fart away from the Vita stretch goal.

I don't expect anything from them anymore. Even the otome game they've teased will probably be PC only.

Meh. NISA came through and then some for Vita this year, despite everybody's doubt last year when they were passing on Vita games left, right and centre. I have hope for XSEED too.

But they're definitely not the same company who released 2 PSP games in 2015, so who knows.

18-Volt

I wouldn't be surprised if XSEED is moving towards becoming a PC publisher first and foremost. In terms of volumes, they're already releasing more PC games than console ones.

Marvelous hasn't announced any of their future project but I suspect most of them will be for Switch. New Story of Seasons, Takaki's Switch game and maybe some surprises.

XSEED's other Japanese associates are too silent nowadays. Acquire, done with their last project Akiba's Beat, is working on No Heroes Allowed Vr game with Sony. GungHo, despite the fact owning 2 of most talented Japanese devs, is doing absolutely nothing. They're rich as hell so why not do something to please the fans once in a while? How about a brand new Grandia game for PS4/Vita? Or a Lunar game?

Saphirax

Meh. NISA came through and then some for Vita this year, despite everybody's doubt last year when they were passing on Vita games left, right and centre. I have hope for XSEED too.

But they're definitely not the same company who released 2 PSP games in 2015, so who knows.

Still waiting for Coven and Demon Gaze 2 announcements.
I'll be waiting forever at this point :p.

Still waiting for Coven and Demon Gaze 2 announcements.
I'll be waiting forever at this point :p.

Ani's dropped enough hints that Coven's coming. Demon Gaze I'd bet on too, just that it'll take them time to port both to PC (I presume they'll want to do what they're doing with Operation Abyss/Babel).

Ekid

Marvelous hasn't announced any of their future project but I suspect most of them will be for Switch. New Story of Seasons, Takaki's Switch game and maybe some surprises.

It's baffling we haven't heard anything about Rune Factory 5 given the very good sales of the last one.

I know Neverland went bankrupt but there were rumours about Marvelous hiring most of the team.

Shizuka

It's baffling we haven't heard anything about Rune Factory 5 given the very good sales of the last one.

I know Neverland went bankrupt but there were rumours about Marvelous hiring most of the team.

Not rumors, they did hire most of Neverland's staff, which went to develop the Lord of Magna bomba.

I get that they just need to get this shit out already after it's been delayed so much, but I honestly have to wonder if any of these publishers pay attention to other releases. May is packed as is for niche stuff, even more so the back half of the month. I don't know how anyone could look at the other half dozen releases and think it's a good idea to do yet another release among them, especially when most of them will be directly competing with each others audience.

derFeef

I was close to ordering a blue slim but then I just did not do it. Fat Vita is still nice.
PA is the only vendor I could find anyway and I have no experience with them.

I get that they just need to get this shit out already after it's been delayed so much, but I honestly have to wonder if any of these publishers pay attention to other releases. May is packed as is for niche stuff, even more so the back half of the month. I don't know how anyone could look at the other half dozen releases and think it's a good idea to do yet another release among them, especially when most of them will be directly competing with each others audience.

I suspect this is just XSEED wanting to get it out before they announce their E3 lineup of games.

That, plus the fact they probably signed this up on the fact it's Acquire and they have a good relationship with them but they expected the game to be somewhat competent, and it seems like a bit of a dumpster fire so just get it over with. Yes, that's despite me defending it to you Shiz :p

jzbluz

That's being pessimistic, unless they licensed one of those otome games that originated on PC, they would release the Vita version digitally at the very least.

At least we know that RF5 was greenlight; Natsume's bankruptcy probably put it on the back burner. Isn't RF their highest selling franchise after BM? There's no way they will let the franchise die.

Not rumors, they did hire most of Neverland's staff, which went to develop the Lord of Magna bomba.

I assumed it was temporary until they finished LoM. The game seemed like a step back from RF4 so I wasn't interested, but I've heard players said that it felt unfinished?

Saphirax

That's being pessimistic, unless they licensed one of those otome games that originated on PC, they would release the Vita version digitally at the very least.

At least we know that RF5 was greenlight; Natsume's bankruptcy probably put it on the back burner. Isn't RF their highest selling franchise after BM? There's no way they will let the franchise die.

I assumed it was temporary until they finished LoM. The game seemed like a step back from RF4 so I wasn't interested, but I've heard players said that it felt unfinished?

Seeing the EDF and that crappy budget game leak, if they announce an otome game it'll probably be one that doesn't have a vita port. I don't think they'd go digital only for Vita yet.

God Eater's new game has no platform yet.

PlayStation Portable 7 confirmed.

Edit: before anyone asks, today's event was blogged in PS Blog. So there's at least a PS4 version.

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....ensuring-vita-rides-into-the-sunset-in-style/

Finished a new article which is just quick recap of Vita's localization support in 2017 (and a little bit of 2018).

It's a topic I've touched on before but is something I love writing about haha. If anyone is interested in reading!

Good stuff!

In your article:

They’ve also picked up four different otome titles from Otomate – Bad Apple Wars; Code: Realize ~Guardians of Rebirth ~ Future Blessings; Collar x Malice; Period Cube, making them by far the most noteworthy otome publisher in the west.

You probably meant the fan-disc "Code: Realize Future Blessings".

Ephidel

You've bolded that a bit weirdly, even in the quote you can see that it is the fan disc they're referring to.
Code: Realize ~Guardians of Rebirth ~ Future Blessings
But yeah, the GoR part should be stricken from the middle. I think they stylised it as Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ when it was announced.

Edit: That second bit about the way it was announced is me lying through my teeth apparently, because I can't actually find anything with Aksys themselves presenting it that way but most places do seem to be (except Siliconera who've gone for ~Future Blessing~ without an s, but whatever). I went looking for the announcement and it's just a bunch of people reporting on Anime Expo in similar ways, the only one with pictures is dualshockers and they seem to be missing one for CR (all the other otome ones are just Japanese logos though so it probably wouldn't have helped).

Thanks. I'll give it a read after my horrid poli-sci exam.

Sorry to hear about your exam. I'm sure you'll have done well!

You probably meant the fan-disc "Code: Realize Future Blessings".

But yeah, the GoR part should be stricken from the middle. I think they stylised it as Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ when it was announced.

Edit: That second bit about the way it was announced is me lying through my teeth apparently, because I can't actually find anything with Aksys themselves presenting it that way but most places do seem to be (except Siliconera who've gone for ~Future Blessing~ without an s, but whatever). I went looking for the announcement and it's just a bunch of people reporting on Anime Expo in similar ways, the only one with pictures is dualshockers and they seem to be missing one for CR (all the other otome ones are just Japanese logos though so it probably wouldn't have helped).

Thanks. I'll get the name changed so it's clearer!

God Eater's new game has no platform yet.

PlayStation Portable 7 confirmed.

Edit: before anyone asks, today's event was blogged in PS Blog. So there's at least a PS4 version.

Never doubted there would be a PS4 version. It's where else the franchise goes that I'm interested in. Could see it clinging on to Vita, but we'll see.

1.jpg

That's already a step further than Summon Night 5.

I'll probably get a physical Vita copy, but those art choices... I'm definitely not the target audience, because I feel like they look awful, from the color palette to the font for the text.

I'm not a big fan of Luc Bernard's artstyle, but I actually think it looks alright here.

deadfolk

Is Root Double still supposed to be coming to Vita? Specifically in EU?

I notice the Steam version is on sale and I've heard good things, but I'd be far more likely to play through it on Vita.

Ekid

Is Root Double still supposed to be coming to Vita? Specifically in EU?

I notice the Steam version is on sale and I've heard good things, but I'd be far more likely to play through it on Vita.

It's definitely coming on Vita. European version is still unconfirmed AFAIK.

Cornbread78

Some information on the Konosuba video game from Crunchyroll.

Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Judgment of this Greedy Game! is in the works for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, and it currently has a summer release window in Japan.
The original story follows Kazuma as he puts on a cursed ring that steals underwear from people around him. As the underwear keeps piling up, he learns that he'll need a large amount of money to lift the curse, which sends us right into an adventure to raise said funds.

Please come West, please come WEST, PLEASE COME WEST!!!!!!

Alright I need to ask: If I buy a digital game of a game I already have on a retail cart will the save transfer over?

The same problem that plagued Zelda Spirit Tracks now plagues Gravity Rush: Its in a game case that is completely buried who knows where in this house.

So despite not really being able to afford it I am now considering downloading the damn game just to be able to play a game I already own FFS. Already tore the house up when I wanted to replay Spirit Tracks for the Zelda marathon I had leading up till BOTW and its simply not here.(And yes I know if I buy it digitally the game case will somehow show up the next day damnit.)

GR is $13.49 I think on the US PSN. Is that the standard price now so I won't need to be in a hurry to get it at that price? And does it go on sale often? I know it was once on sale for less than a dollar but that time is not now. >_<

i really want to finish Platinuming it, buy and do the DLC, and finally, replay the game to remember the story details before I start GR2 which I already own since the first one should be here! :mad:

I can't believe I can't play a game I own this is ridiculous. Its not my fault that the case vanished with all the moves. I guess Corpse Party Blood Drive is also in it since I just found out its also missing. Yippee! I don't know where else to look. Theres so many hard to get to places it could be. T_T

i-Jest

Alright I need to ask: If I buy a digital game of a game I already have on a retail cart will the save transfer over?

The same problem that plagued Zelda Spirit Tracks now plagues Gravity Rush: Its in a game case that is completely buried who knows where in this house.

So despite not really being able to afford it I am now considering downloading the damn game just to be able to play a game I already own FFS. Already tore the house up when I wanted to replay Spirit Tracks for the Zelda marathon I had leading up till BOTW and its simply not here.(And yes I know if I buy it digitally the game case will somehow show up the next day damnit.)

GR is $13.49 I think on the US PSN. Is that the standard price now so I won't need to be in a hurry to get it at that price? And does it go on sale often? I know it was once on sale for less than a dollar but that time is not now. >_<

i really want to finish Platinuming it, buy and do the DLC, and finally, replay the game to remember the story details before I start GR2 which I already own since the first one should be here! :mad:

I can't believe I can't play a game I own this is ridiculous. Its not my fault that the case vanished with all the moves. I guess Corpse Party Blood Drive is also in it since I just found out its also missing. Yippee! I don't know where else to look. Theres so many hard to get to places it could be. T_T

I vaguely remember this issue of gamesaves compatibility being a mixed bag of nuts. If you have PS+ you should be able to upload the save file, then download it whenever you want. So going digital and picking up where you left off shouldn't be an issue, in theory any.

Anyone want to shed light on how to approach this?

Top Bottom