• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 |OT| Behold its true form and despair!

Retro

So guys after all the updates so far would your recommend upgrading to this from a vanilla sims 3?

The Sims 3 barely reached the same level as the Sims 2 when the Sims 4 came out, so my guess is, upgrade to Sims 4 when Sims 5 comes out and you'll at least have half of what you should.

OchreHand

So guys after all the updates so far would your recommend upgrading to this from a vanilla sims 3?

Eh, for full price, not really.

But once in a while I'll boot this up just to play around in build mode, which is my favorite part of the game. If I could just get a standalone build editor and make fancy houses I'd be pretty happy.

Also does anyone know how to set a specific time of day? I prefer playing at sunset.

Tabby

Definitely. Never was a fan of the bug filled unoptimized pos that was Sims 3.
Multitasking, game running smooth and the art style are all solid additions.

Delio

I think they are near each other now. I dont think i'd recommend it at full price tho.
I still play it a ton tho , on my third generation family wise.

If you find Sims 4 at a discount, then an upgrade wouldn't be too painful. I do like the changes that help make the game more optimized. I took a glance back at Sims 3 after getting a new PC and I couldn't bear how faulty the performance of the game was.

McNum

If you find Sims 4 at a discount, then an upgrade wouldn't be too painful. I do like the changes that help make the game more optimized. I took a glance back at Sims 3 after getting a new PC and I couldn't bear how faulty the performance of the game was.
Yeah this is pretty spot on.

What Sims 3 has going for it is the huge open world, but at the cost of performance. Sims 4 is the opposite, it runs very well, but they cut a lot of what made Sims 3 fun to achieve that.

Delio

So while I hate to bump this..there is a new EP coming called Get together. Seems to be based in a european city and focused mostly on you guessed it...more partying. DJ booth is back,new group clubs apparently you can join. TBH the expansion looks pretty unfocused from the trailer.

A bump is fair. The game is finally coming together. Its still kind of weird yet the add on packs have fleshed out the game to the point where it is starting to feel like it is it's own thing. You have to own pretty much everything that has come out to get to that point but it is possible.

The expansions are generally following the same pattern as previous The Sims games. The first pack gave new careers and the second pack is a party / nightlife expansion. Get Together is just their Hot Date / Nightlife pack. The next one should either be a pack to include different age groups and their activities or Pets.

The name is clumsy but it's their naming theme this go around. Get TO Work, Get TOgether.

elelunicy

EA has significantly reduced their lineups since the last console game and doesn't really greenlight projects unless they are guaranteed to be very profitable. I don't think any of the previous console games did particularly well, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if there isn't a console version this time around.

Mr_Zombie

Sims 4 is 60% off at Origin. Should I buy it?

If you don't have a life, then sure, buy it.

But seriously, I remember downloading the game when it was offered for a 48h free trial. I spent the whole weekend, from morning to evening, just playing The Sims 4. The game is like a drug.

Delio

It can be pretty addicting. I play it in big bursts then kinda lay off it for a while. Might jump back in soon as I get funds to get Get Together. After seeing how well the club system came together anyways.

Kssio_Aug

If you don't have a life, then sure, buy it.

But seriously, I remember downloading the game when it was offered for a 48h free trial. I spent the whole weekend, from morning to evening, just playing The Sims 4. The game is like a drug.

It can be pretty addicting. I play it in big bursts then kinda lay off it for a while. Might jump back in soon as I get funds to get Get Together. After seeing how well the club system came together anyways.

You're right! I arrived from work and played for about 4 straight hours I guess! Just stopped cause I need to do other things!

Loving it so far!

Mr_Zombie

This was my main problem with The Sims 3 and the reason I haven't bought The Sims 4 (even though I loved every minute of those two days I played the free trial - and that was just a base game): the game is a thief of time. "I just want my sim to get a new job or a make a new friend", you tell to yourself. And before you realize, you've been playing the game for few hours, creating new scenarios in your mind. D:

Hey so, I'm trying to fix the incredibly bad framerate on my sister's computer for this game. She has an i7 4970 at 3.4ghz irrc, with a gtx 970, and the framerate is literally below the 30's when playing that city DLC thing. Anyone have any experience with this?

Top Bottom