• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They told it is a mix. Like, they didn't just copy the models from Halo4 (it would be Halo4 and not reach) and put them in H2A, they changed some things. See the IGN interview, it's pretty cool.

I dunno, it looks like the Reach model to me:

XyT30pO.png

u1FbPFJ.jpg

border

I wanted to make a thread about this, but I figured it would get buried under all the E3 news. The people in this thread would certainly benefit though:

Microsoft Stores giving a minimum $10 trade-in credit on any last-generation game when you pre-order an Xbox One game

The key here is $10 minimum on any Wii, WiiU, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and/or Xbox One title. Maximum of 5 games allowed. So if you have a bunch junky old games that Gamestop won't give you $1 for, you can pick up the Master Chief Collection for $10. Offer ends on June 15.

GavinGT

Banned
Has there been any official word on Halo 1 glitches being left intact? The reload glitch that easily gives you infinite rockets could ruin that game online.

I wanted to make a thread about this, but I figured it would get buried under all the E3 news. The people in this thread would certainly benefit though:

Microsoft Stores giving a minimum $10 trade-in credit on any last-generation game when you pre-order an Xbox One game

The key here is $10 minimum on any Wii, WiiU, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and/or Xbox One title. Maximum of 5 games allowed. So if you have a bunch junky old games that Gamestop won't give you $1 for, you can pick up the Master Chief Collection for $10. Offer ends on June 15.

Wow, that is awesome if it's truly any games.

JaggedSac

Holy mackerel.

RoKKeR

Absolutely new thread worth, great deal here.

I'm not sure if I can part ways with my original copies of Halo 2/3 though...

rokkerkory

this needs to be its own thread

border

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed since I only read the first 7-8 pages:

Halo Combat Evolved looks really weird and janky when running at 60FPS. Are they going back to adjust the animations so it looks more smooth?

border

On the Giant Bomb stream, Frank O'Connor just said that there is "literally no plan" for a PC version, but that there are no rules preventing them from doing one.

You were able to drop a weapon as it was reloading, hear it finish reloading on the ground, pick it up and have a freshly, fully reloaded weapon. It wasn't practical midmatch because if you used two Rockets (the only weapon it would be useful for in competitive matches), you had to tediously set up this trick as it reloaded and keep doing it every single time since it only had 2 more shots.

"Qualified game" Is there a list?

Booshka

Tap X,X, then pick up a new weapon. Pick the rockets back up, and they're reloaded without deducting ammo.

You were able to drop a weapon as it was reloading, hear it finish reloading on the ground, pick it up and have a freshly, fully reloaded weapon. It wasn't practical midmatch because if you used two Rockets (the only weapon it would be useful for in competitive matches), you had to tediously set up this trick as it reloaded and keep doing it every single time since it only had 2 more shots.

ah ok, this never happened to me because Rocks were always contested in the games I played, LAN or XBC.

This could be a problem on XBL though, so ya it is something worth fixing.

border

So will sword canceling and rocket canceling work in Halo 2?

I understand exactly why people would want them removed, but I'd like to see them stay purely for servicing my own selfish nostalgic desires.

BigShow36

Has there been any official word on Halo 1 glitches being left intact? The reload glitch that easily gives you infinite rockets could ruin that game online.

That was never a very practical glitch in a real match of CE. Plus, CE gives all players the ability to compete against all power weapons right off the spawn. Even a player with "infinite" rockets for one life isn't insurmountable.

While it would be nice to have it fixed, it's not going to ruin online if they don't. I really hope if they do fix it they don't also remove backpack reload and double melee, as those were nice additions for the speed of the game. Quick Camo and Powerup doubling also need to be left alone.

I'd be more concerned about the rock geo-glitch on BG and escaping the maps. Those are things that duechebags online are going to use.

A Microsoft guy on the Giantbomb livestream confirmed that the mouse prompt that Jeff saw at an event was just dev code apparently. No plans for a PC port at this time or similar message. :.(

Korten

Banned
Their anatomy, yes; I was mostly talking about their armor. It's very reminiscent of classic elite armor, sort of like a cross between Halo 3 and Reach. I really like it.

Ah, yeah.

Though I will say, while the Elite designs were retconned, I do hope people understand that the armor they wore wasn't (regardless of what Forward Unto Dawn will have you believe)

http://www.halopedia.org/images/2/29/Thel_2558.png

Maybe hard to see, but in the background you see Elites wearing their Halo 1 - Reach armor.

Edit: And I will not get into any argument here.

HTupolev

The awesome thing about Halo 1 weapons reloading while on the ground is that they were still limited by the amount of spare cartridges, and perpetually attempted to reload until full. So, if you only have one spare cartridge for your AR and you ground-reload it, you can hear the gun repeatedly "reload" itself one shot at a time until the magazine is full.

FyreWulff

Offhand, how many of the reload glitches (ground reload, backpack reload, etc) actually worked on Halo PC? Remember, Anniversary is built off that, and so far, an assumption can be made that online will be based off of Halo PC's networking.

Another good question would be if Halo 2 still has handicaps. There's some pretty big exploits you can do with handicaps activated.

What a deal this game is, damn.

Yup, an incredible deal. I'll be buying an X1 in the future. Hopefully the multiplayer is still active by then, or at least active enough to be able to experience all the maps, what did they say? Over 100 maps will be included. Amazing.

Buwx

Ah, yeah.

Though I will say, while the Elite designs were retconned, I do hope people understand that the armor they wore wasn't (regardless of what Forward Unto Dawn will have you believe)

http://www.halopedia.org/images/2/29/Thel_2558.png

Maybe hard to see, but in the background you see Elites wearing their Halo 1 - Reach armor.

Edit: And I will not get into any argument here.

You're on the right track, though. Covenant armor, weapon, and vehicle design/functionality varies from fleet to fleet. 343i has confirmed (through the visual guides) that all Covenant design variants, in every Halo game, are canon; that is, with the exception of Halo: CEA retconing the designs of Halo: CE. The armor worn by the Storm-class Sangheili of Halo 4 is specific to the colony of Hesduros (which is where Jul 'Mdama recruited the bulk of his armada), which was likely what FUD was showcasing.

Madness

Has anyone, behind closed doors, or on the show floor, seen any footage of Halo 3 or Halo 4 with the increased resolution and locked frame rate? How did it look? Also is Halo 3 FoV improved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom