• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Binary Domain |OT| BUYING THIS GAME IS Not up for Nagoshiation

I'm not trolling, just being honest, that the classic Sega fan in me hopes this bombs hard. How many classic IP re-imaginings and HD digital ports would have BD's development dollars paid for?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not trolling, just being honest, that the classic Sega fan in me hopes this bombs hard. How many classic IP re-imaginings and HD digital ports would have BD's development dollars paid for?

So basically, don't try anything new ever? No more new ips?

And yeah, Sega put so much effort in those 'HD digital ports' of theirs

So basically, don't try anything new ever? No more new ips?

Like Yakuza, Vanuquish and Bayonetta which I all love? I must be stuck in the 90's.. j/k No, actually just a dudebro tps Gears clone published by Sega. I don't need Sega for this when the market is flooded by fps/tps from those who are going to do it a lot better.

I want Sega do to something new, but as an innovator and not a follower of a very tired trend probably already entering it's decline.

And yeah, Sega put so much effort in those 'HD digital ports' of theirs

Haven't experienced Daytona and Sonic CD ports, they are better than the originals? Seriously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like Yakuza, Vanuquish and Bayonetta which I all love? I must be stuck in the 90's.. j/k No, actually just a dudebro tps Gears clone published by Sega. I don't need Sega for this when the market is flooded by fps/tps from those who are going to do it a lot better.

I want Sega do to something new, but as an innovator and not a follower of a very tired trend probably already entering it's decline.

Haven't experienced Daytona and Sonic CD ports, they are better than the originals? Seriously.

Yakuza? Yakuza hasn't been original since the first two. They're the definition of milking it. What makes Vanquish not dudebro, but this is dudebro? Because one's faster than the other?

Haven't experienced any of the Dreamcast collection ports or the Guardian Heroes port.

Vanquish seems way more "dudebro" than Binary Domain, and I loved Vanquish. Binary Domain reminds me of 80's/90's Japanese sci-fi with some Blade Runner thrown in for good measure.

Dead Man

Something does not compute.

mattfabb

Banned
Finished the game on normal, started another playthrough on hard straight away.

The game accepts voice commands in 6 languages, I tried to mix italian, english, spanish and japanese and it works! thats just mindblowing.

Also, best sci-fi story in a game so far, great characters, and the shooting is just so much fun all around.

heres my favourite part of the game, spoilers ahead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rOzR_ewBsk&list=PLF9B3C07B684D7F78&index=23&feature=plpp_video

duckroll

Was planning on ordering this for the PS3, unless there is something significantly worse about it compared to the 360 version?

Based on the demo, the PS3 is significantly inferior to the 360 version in performance. The framerate is noticeably lower, such that in some areas it affects gameplay, and the rain effects in the 360 version are better. The PS3 version does have better AA, but the overall quality is still better on the 360 when everything is taken into account.

As for the retail version, there's been nothing definitive, but performance in general is supposed to have been improved, with the PS3 version still falling behind.

Xander51

I picked up a copy of this today at a store breaking street date on it. Great game. Has an absolutely epic late title card.

Playing on PS3, the framerate is definitely more solid than the demo but it still dips here and there. Totally playable though. I still love the borderline-creepy Yakuza face tech, wish we had more games that used it.

tusken77

Was planning on ordering this for the PS3, unless there is something significantly worse about it compared to the 360 version?

Hold on for Digital Foundry if you can. I've got a feeling the PS3 version will be the one to get. It was always shown on PS3, plus Videogamer gave a negative for framerate drops in its 360 review, so it might just come down to the PS3's better AA.

squidyj

You are free to not post in this thread, you are aware of this yeah? I'm sorry if you can't see what makes Binary Domain cool but that's nobody's problem but your own.

I'm the camp of waiting until it's much cheaper, unfortunately.
Hold on for Digital Foundry if you can. I've got a feeling the PS3 version will be the one to get.
It really feels like your posts about this have been investment validation that contravene what every other poster in the BD threads have said.

tusken77

I'm the camp of waiting until it's much cheaper, unfortunately.

It really feels like your posts about this have been investment validation that contravene what every other poster in the BD threads have said.

Why did you edit my reasoning?

The PS3 version has always been the one shown. Even to an American audience on Gamespot. People playing the PS3 retail version have said the framerate is fine/is improved upon the demo/drops occasionally. Reviews have said the 360 drops frames. So it might be a case that the framerate is the same on both versions and it could just come down to the PS3's proven superior AA being the difference between the two. Advising to hold on for the Digital Foundry analysis seems to me to be the sensible thing to do for anyone with any concerns.

sol_bad

Have any Australians bought this game and are you having troubles with the voice recognition. I tried the demo and there were a loot of phrases it couldn't understand.

Tomasooie

Finally won the jackpot in the store. The more items you buy in one go, the higher your chances, but the payout was only a first aid kit. And I was full so I couldn't pick it up. =(

I like how equipping the nanomachines works. It's sort of like RE4's inventory, but on a much smaller scale.

Have any Australians bought this game and are you having troubles with the voice recognition. I tried the demo and there were a loot of phrases it couldn't understand.
Maybe you have to pronounce them like an American? >__>

If you haven't tried this already, try going into the options and see if the background noise level is good, and then practice them in the voice recognition tests. If you can't get it to recognize those phrases at all, lower the recognition threshold. I think that should solve it.

Xander51

Finally won the jackpot in the store. The more items you buy in one go, the higher your chances, but the payout was only a first aid kit. And I was full so I couldn't pick it up. =(

I got lucky and won the jackpot on the very first vending machine, but I too got a first aid kit I couldn't pick up. Still, I like that little prize spin, it's a fun quirky touch.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I ordered this online so I'm waiting for it to arrive. Any word on how long it is?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm definitely getting this. I've long ago discovered it's not third person shooters I'm tired of, it's the same old story and feeling I get from third person shooters. This is silly, made me laugh in the trailers, and enough of a gimmick to make me play around with it.

Needs more robotic tiger to punch in the face though.

Sorry, I cannot link you to my brain. But I completed the game twice already.

You could if you were a Hollow Child.

dethforce

Banned
quick question - does the retail ps3 version runs in fullscreen in 1080p? or does it have these stupid black borders like the demo?

Riposte

Quick someone make a firefox add-on that filters neogaf posts which use the word "dudebro". Can't enjoy this thread yet.

eXistor

Pretty great game so far, it could use some polish, but it plays brilliantly. I love how the game throws you in very diverse situations all the time so you never feel like you're going through the motions. I'm afraid this gem will be forgotten soon, but that would be a real shame.

Top Bottom