• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

crowphoenix said:
Oh god, the music video for Make a Man Out of You. I think I'm dying I'm laughing so hard. :lol

Holy shit...

Time is racing foward,
until we -
arrive!

Shut the hell up Nappa,
and you might -
survive!

Vegeta, are we there yet?

No, Nappa, no we're not

How 'bout now?

No, god damn~it Nappa!

:lol

1stStrike

Banned
I wish I wasn't at work at 3:44 am in the morning so I could watch this...but then again, I wouldn't be awake if I wasn't at work...so I guess that's besides the point.

Splatt

"Are you okay in there?"
"Yeah, I'm fan-fucking-tastic! Nothing but gumdrops and icecream in here!"
"Oh! Really!? Can I come in too?"
"... I'm surrounded by idiots..."
"I thought you were surrounded by gumdrops and icecream... ?"
"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *EXPLOSION* "

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

out of nowhere

Edit: I see, nudity on this planet makes you stronger.

Edit 2: cadaverific!

Edit 3: where's the moon? WHERE'S THE DAMN MOON?!

Enkidu

vas_a_morir said:
Yeah, this episode was disappointingly weak.
I think it got better towards the end, but at least we know that the next part will be up soon so it's not that big a deal to me.

Enkidu said:
I think it got better towards the end, but at least we know that the next part will be up soon so it's not that big a deal to me.

The problem is all the characters that were funny are gone. All we have is Goku, who is not funny, but rather annoying, and we have Vegeta, who is the "straight-man" to all the comedy shenanigans.

It's kinda like that part of FFIV where you have a summoner, a white mage, a bard, and Cecil, which means you have 3 characters who can't do shit to help.

1stStrike

Banned
LOL I finally got a chance to watch them and...wow..just..holy crap. The metal gear reference made me want to look that up and see if there's an abridged mgs1 or something. There is but..the quality is pretty crappy compared to this. These guys rock :lol

Enkidu

vas_a_morir said:
The problem is all the characters that were funny are gone. All we have is Goku, who is not funny, but rather annoying, and we have Vegeta, who is the "straight-man" to all the comedy shenanigans.
Well, Krillin and Gohan should show up for the next part, so they'll have a few more characters to play with then. Then there's Yajirobe who we haven't even seen yet. Sure, this part was a bit weak but I think part 2 has far more potential.

VaLiancY said:
Did Picollo actually blow up the moon in the series? I can't remember for the life of me.

Yeah, and the Reporter at the end talks about the environmental effects it had, killing millions.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
VaLiancY said:
Did Picollo actually blow up the moon in the series? I can't remember for the life of me.
Roshi blows it up first, then Kami puts it back, then Piccolo blows it up again.

batbeg

This is like the greatest thing ever. I was expecting the usual crap these things result in, but it's actually really fucking funny! :eek:

My favorite part this episode:

"Oh God he's fast!"

And then...

"The only way you can beat him is if you use the spirit bomb."

"On it!"

"And whatever you dure, make sure you're well hidden..."

33n9buu.png

Haha, love it. He just looks so calm and proud when he first starts it.

Are there any decent Gundam abridged redubs (preferably UC)?

or am I sorely mistaken for thinking I'll find anything of this quality?

1stStrike

Banned
Yea this is the first one that's really captivated me. Even the Yugioh one doesn't do much for me. The peeps doing the voices are just really good with their voices/timing. It certainly makes a huge difference.

1stStrike said:
LOL I finally got a chance to watch them and...wow..just..holy crap. The metal gear reference made me want to look that up and see if there's an abridged mgs1 or something. There is but..the quality is pretty crappy compared to this. These guys rock :lol
Since the funny guys are dead he could finish this saga and stop. He could go abridge MGS1, but I doubt it.

That would so kick ass if he did though.

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
Since the funny guys are dead he could finish this saga and stop. He could go abridge MGS1, but I doubt it.

That would so kick ass if he did though.

Or just move up to the Ginyu Squad in the Freeza saga. There's enough material there to keep em busy for a while. But yea, I certainly would love an MGS one as well. Too bad I can't just snap my fingers and make it happen though. I was never bestowed that ability :(

Woffls

Ohhhhh shit this stuff is funny. But now I want to watch DBZ again... at least I have the time to do so. Laughed my ass off when the codec appeared.

(Piccolo kills a Saibaman, everyone praises him.)

Krillin: "But I just killed three of them!"
Chaotzu: "Nobody cares, Krillin!"

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I didn't think the newest one was that funny but had a couple of ok jokes. Still hope they come out quicker then they have been though.

Enkidu

_dementia said:
Are there any decent Gundam abridged redubs (preferably UC)?

or am I sorely mistaken for thinking I'll find anything of this quality?
Sadly this one is pretty unique as far as abridged series go. Sure, you can say there are others that are funnier but nothing comes close in terms of production quality. There are actually a lot of voice actors and the guy who directs them makes sure everything flows well enough. I can't even stand Yu-Gi-Oh abridged because it's essentially just one guy doing funny voices all over, no matter how funny the lines may be.

Enoch said:
Wow, these really are excellent. The guy doing Vegita's voice is really good.
That guy actually does like half the main cast. Besides Vegeta he also does Piccolo, Krillin, Mr. Popo and Shenlong.

Enkidu said:
Sadly this one is pretty unique as far as abridged series go. Sure, you can say there are others that are funnier but nothing comes close in terms of production quality. There are actually a lot of voice actors and the guy who directs them makes sure everything flows well enough. I can't even stand Yu-Gi-Oh abridged because it's essentially just one guy doing funny voices all over, no matter how funny the lines may be.

That guy actually does like half the main cast. Besides Vegeta he also does Piccolo, Krillin, Mr. Popo and Shenlong.

You should watch his yu yu hakusho abriged series his voices for the characters are nigh perfect especially Yusuke i honestly can't tell the difference between him and Justin Cook.

Top Bottom