• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nine Parchments Runs at 4K@60 on Xbox One X, 1080P@60 on PS4 Pro, 1080P@30 on Switch

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
This game should be 4k 60 fps on the pro , its a top down action game, since when have top down games like these been that demanding?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
B...............T
.....E......S
.........A
.....E......S
B...............T

when will this madness end ?

Meh3D

This "lazy developer" rhetoric really doesn't go anywhere.

Instead, "why is Frozenbyte not allocating any more budget/time to the PS4 Pro version?"

mad597

Banned
Wow another game that is 1080P on the Pro and 4k on the X, Seems to be a pattern now. Pro owners should be concerned

Instead, "why is Frozenbyte not allocating any more budget/time to the PS4 Pro version?"

I always assume that when someone writes "lazy devs" that they're just using it as a shorthand version of the above 😃.

Perhaps the X's dev environment makes the upgrade to 4k a simpler one and that isn't the case for the Pro.

Dynomutt

Wow another game that is 1080P on the Pro and 4k on the X, Seems to be a pattern now. Pro owners should be concerned

Concerned? For what? My Pro still pays the games I like just fine and at a great fidelity. Anything on X may or will play at a higher fidelity. You say concerned like it's issue where the Pro will just stop working.

Shouldn't base PS4 and Xbox owners be concerned with that same mindset? Because they're even further back.

No biggie either way everything still plays across the different platforms.

mad597

Banned
Concerned? For what? My Pro still pays the games I like just fine and at a great fidelity. Anything on X may or will play at a higher fidelity. You say concerned like it's issue where the Pro will just stop working.

Shouldn't base PS4 and Xbox owners be concerned with that same mindset? Because they're even further back.

No biggie either way everything still plays across the different platforms.

Pro is starting to be a 1080p box. That should concern pro owners.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I always assume that when someone writes "lazy devs" that they're just using it as a shorthand version of the above 😃.

Perhaps the X's dev environment makes the upgrade to 4k a simpler one and that isn't the case for the Pro.

Well, the ps3 was a mess to develop games for, so it’s plausible.

JaxBriggs

Zero Pro support eh, not a great situation.

It would be interesting to hear what's going on behind the scenes.

Garden Carrer

Neo Member
Bringing up the lazy devs bullshit should be a bannable offense, it's fucking 2017, enough with that stupidly toxic and childish entitlement.

DonF

"...with regards to PlayStation 4 Pro, Frozenbyte said that currently there is no difference with PlayStation 4."

Read the article. They aren't the biggest team, they allocated 0 resources for a PS4 pro patch.
So there are 4 console versions: standard PS4, Xbox one, 1X and switch

JaxBriggs

"Read the article. They aren't the biggest team, they allocated 0 resources for a PS4 pro patch.

Well yeah that was pretty clear. Question is why didn't the Pro get a look in? What reason would there be to work on a patch for the X but not Pro?

Becuase they were lazy on the PS4 version, apparently.

Call it whatever you want, they just straight up failed at their job.

"...with regards to PlayStation 4 Pro, Frozenbyte said that currently there is no difference with PlayStation 4."

Read the article. They aren't the biggest team, they allocated 0 resources for a PS4 pro patch.

MS has mentioned how easy it is to target Xbox one x when developing a game and that there isn't much work to be done to accomplish this. Forza tech was running in 4K on xbox one x in one day. Is this a case of easy development equating to an Xbox one x version?

Norse

Pro is starting to be a 1080p box. That should concern pro owners.

I don't agree. The fact pro games run better at higher frame rates is reason enough to get a pro. It's only $100 more than a standard PS4 where as the 1X is pretty much 2X the cost as a xbone s. For an extra 100 you get the best PlayStation on the market. That's not a bad deal at all. That used to only get you a larger hdd.

As an Xbox only owner, I love the 4k power of the 1X but I also like seeing devs hitting the locked 30 fps and a rock solid 60 fps on pro and 1X at 1080p as an option. Choice is good.

That's a very valid reason to skip buying this as Pro owner

Popsickles

Who cares looks shit anyway. TBH one X needs all the shovel ware it can get because MS are not putting out any games for it

Donnie

He's absolutely right though, 60fps and 4k are far from needed with a game like this. Much better to be able to play on the go with your friends. Except for people who have no real life friends I suppose..

Sony

Nintendo
Hmm, the Xbox One X is quite a bit more powerful than the PS4 Pro, but not 4x the resolution @ 60fps more powerful.

thelastword

Banned
These threads are always funny because all Frozenbyte's games have the ability to run at 4k on a base PS4.....such was said by the developer themselves....

Now we're looking at the PS4 PRO here, not a base PS4, where Nine Parchments is using the same engine with the same type of graphical style and it can only manage 1080 60fps on PRO? I think somebody got it wrong, because base PS4 is probably what will do 1080p 60fps, easily at that too.

This is like saying, PRO can only do 1080p 60fps in Super Lucky, when you have games like Diablo that runs at a much higher resolution than that....I guess soon people will realize that this was an error, because there's no way this game is not 4k on PRO...

As said before, they're a rather small team and the priority probably was to get the game done on all platforms and having the release as smooth as possible for each of them. Now after the release they have the time and capacity and will hopefully revisit the PS4 Pro and add support for a higher resolution.

test_account

XP-39C²
I dont see any need to fight over this. XBX is $100 more and was released about a year later. It would be a big disappointment if Xbox One X didnt outperform PS4 Pro due to that. Its natural progression. PS4 Pro is an older and cheaper system, no one can deny that.

I'm curious why they dont take any advantage of the PS4 Pro hardware in this case though.

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Staff Member
The mods are here and actively looking at poor posting and users. Consider this a warning to those who wish to troll, derail and generally disrupt threads.

Adam_802

So much salt in here, "lazy dev" argument is the same BS argument some people used when games ran better on ps4. Now its the other way around for a few years, get used to it. More powerful console of course runs the game better, no surprise here at all.

Top Bottom