• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Puggles

Is anyone having issues with gifting? On multiple occasions, I've selected the item I want to gift, gone to talk to the giftee, and the game says "You've already given ______ a gift today" which is definitely not the case. Is it a 24-hr (in game) thing?

Yeah I have the same problem.

spiritfox

Is anyone having issues with gifting? On multiple occasions, I've selected the item I want to gift, gone to talk to the giftee, and the game says "You've already given ______ a gift today" which is definitely not the case. Is it a 24-hr (in game) thing?

Did you check that you still have the item? I have times when it does give the gift but that message pops up.

I think it's a glitch in you not getting the dialogue box for giving the gift. I had a similar situation then realized my item stack was 1 smaller and there was an x in the weekly gift tracker box. So I gave the gift, just didn't hear them express thanks for it.

TheKeyPit

Banned
You can only gift two times per week. A new week starts on Sunday. Only one gift per day.

Edit: Ah, okay, it seems to be a bug.

Hyoukokun

I think it's a glitch in you not getting the dialogue box for giving the gift. I had a similar situation then realized my item stack was 1 smaller and there was an x in the weekly gift tracker box. So I gave the gift, just didn't hear them express thanks for it.
This has been an issue since forever in the PC version. If you want to hear them give thanks (which can be important since it will tell you if the gift is good or not), just talk to them again sans gift item.

Marvie_3

Banned
This. If you talk to them right after they thank you.

Naar

In the community center for the fall gifts it has a large egg icon. I tried donating a large brown egg but it wouldn't accept.

Is there an even larger egg that I have to get? How?

Hyoukokun

In the community center for the fall gifts it has a large egg icon. I tried donating a large brown egg but it wouldn't accept.

Is there an even larger egg that I have to get? How?

Fall? That's not an egg, that's a yam. White + brown large eggs are only in the animal products bundle.

(Protip: when buying a chicken from Marnie, it'll tell you whether you are getting a brown chicken or a white chicken before you pick the coop to put them in. You can cancel to re-roll and get a different color if you need a specific one.)

Naar

Fall? That's not an egg, that's a yam. White + brown large eggs are only in the animal products bundle.

(Protip: when buying a chicken from Marnie, it'll tell you whether you are getting a brown chicken or a white chicken before you pick the coop to put them in. You can cancel to re-roll and get a different color if you need a specific one.)

OK thanks. Good that I planted yams recently

Naar

Well...

Seems like I have to restart. At least I know what to do now.

I can't access my barn and will choose a regular piece of land to build my farm on. I picked mountains I think, which caused space issues

brad-t

different fish isn't enough? That's a good number, but if the game ever gets another content update I'd like to see some kind of deep sea fishing. Buy a ticket for 500g and get access to a boat that spawns you in the ocean and lets you fish for new types of fish. Add a new fishing rod for purchase and new bait, too. That would be cool.

I'm just fucking sick of catching Pike probably.

Early on just try and learn the way the fish moves up and down the scale. You will get to know what fish you have on the line just by how they react. It is a little tricky at first. but seems to get easier with bait which gets you more casts to practice and tackle which adds all kinds of effects that can make things even easier as well as rod and skill upgrades.

As for how I actually do the game itself. I tap quickly to cover short distances. I reduce my tapping speed to level out. I further reduce my tapping speed to slowly lower the bar. I stop tapping to cover large distances fast. I hold the button in briefly to cover longer distances quickly. Eventually it all just clicks and you are doing these things when needed at the right rhythm and you are getting perfects on what seemed to be erratic fish when you first encountered them.
You don't want to let the bar just drop if the fish is dropping to the bottom as it will bounce a lot without a certain lure. You want to bring it down gently but quickly at the bottom so it bounces less. Some people are more button tappers some people are more holders just have to find what works for you.

might be pressing the wrong buttons too, I tend to do that in this game

I picked forest. There was a meteorite supposedly but it doesn't show up anywhere. Is it supposed to be on the farm or just somewhere in the world?

It's officially game over for me. Even if I try going straight to sleep with nothing on me it crashes. Hopefully a fix comes soon. Worked perfectly for 33 hrs too, so it's a lil disheartening.

Had a mushroom tree grow on my farm.. I am sure it can be profitable to let it spread and tap it but that shit looked nasty and I chopped it down asap.

i put about 200 hours onto this game on PS4.. loved it.

Get this game if you haven't Switch owners.. I may double dip one day when i get in the mood to play it again.. i grinded some tough achivements though on ps4

Vicious

It's officially game over for me. Even if I try going straight to sleep with nothing on me it crashes. Hopefully a fix comes soon. Worked perfectly for 33 hrs too, so it's a lil disheartening.

I wish we knew what was causing that. I'm halfway through year 2 at 40+ hours and haven't had one crash.

Venfayth

Wow that really sucks dude :(

Have you reached out to the developers at all?

It sounded like they were having trouble reproducing some of these crashes - I imagine that if they could work with you to get your save somehow it might be really useful to them, or maybe they could try to fix it. I guess I don't know how that would work on the Switch..

https://stardewvalley.net/contact/

Hopefully they get a fix for this soon. Doesn't seem to be super common but the results sure are devastating

bosh

Hopefully they get a fix for this soon. Doesn't seem to be super common but the results sure are devastating

This is the scary fate we are all hoping to avoid.

Luckily since it is happening randomly I am guessing its a bug that can be fixed. Hopefully they find it quicker then they find the Pam bug (which kinda just adds to her story/character in an interesting way)

This is the scary fate we are all hoping to avoid.

Luckily since it is happening randomly I am guessing its a bug that can be fixed. Hopefully they find it quicker then they find the Pam bug (which kinda just adds to her story/character in an interesting way)

I always prefer to think of the Pam bug as tribute to Karen from Harvest Moon.

Holy crap i feel ashamed about my farm when i see y'all pictures and amount of cash on hand. My farm is like a piece of crap in comparison and i am on year 2.

mstevens

Hey I wanted to ask how you guys approach upgrading the coop and barn. Do you move your animals and demolish the old one, or do you keep both?

I'm really liking how my farm is turning out. I'll post some pictures later.

edit: oh yeah - I also wanted to ask what happens after winter. If I clean everything up and make it look nice, will it be wild again once the snow leaves? If so, any way to prevent that.

Ended up buying another copy on steam. Now I have to sit upright and play. Glad the game is working fine for a lot of people, and in a sick way glad other people have the same problem so it can get fixed asap.

bosh

Holy crap i feel ashamed about my farm when i see y'all pictures and amount of cash on hand. My farm is like a piece of crap in comparison and i am on year 2.

They are catfishing you. Your farm is beautiful don't you worry.

That's sorta the charm is you do things at your pace and there is no penalty. Just enjoy the game !

Why the hell won't my chicks eat their feed? I have a silo. I have hay in it and in their coop. It's Winter of Year 1. The chicks are NEVER happy. I have a heater in there, too! They're either grumpy or "looking thin".

Ventara

Would someone like this if they like animal crossing?

In general, I would say yes, but that really depends on what you like about AC. There's much less home decor and design going on here and less of an item collectible feel to it if that's what you liked. Also, the in-game time moves rather fast, so it's not as relaxed as AC.

HF2014

Is this game going somehow fix my Animal Crossing game? Been looking at it, kind of tempt to get it.

Edit: nevermind, someone just post the same question two reply up... :)

Brakke

Banned
This game isn't really similar to Animal Crossing at all.

Like it's not even the case that both games don't have violence. This one has a TON of combat unless you wanna flush your money down the toilet buying from Clint.

Hey I wanted to ask how you guys approach upgrading the coop and barn. Do you move your animals and demolish the old one, or do you keep both?

???

Your farm buildings upgrade in place, animals carry on living there while it's upgrading.

Only played this for 3h since release. Hasn't really clicked with me yet. I honestly need more direction from a game than this. It actually reminds me of Minecraft.

Top Bottom