• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

Roto13

I would like to play Wario Land 4 but I missed the ambassador program. Hopefully Nintendo brings GBA VC to the 3DS soon. It would be kind of ridiculous if Wii U got it first.

Considering they've said they don't plan to release GBA games on the 3DS eShop, but they do plan to release GBA games on the Wii U eShop, it's not that ridiculous. It's not a matter of "first." It's a matter of "at all."

RaidenZR

Considering they've said they don't plan to release GBA games on the 3DS eShop, but they do plan to release GBA games on the Wii U eShop, it's not that ridiculous. It's not a matter of "first." It's a matter of "at all."

Yeah, why would we expect to see them put portable games on a portable console? Silly fanbase notions...

M3d10n

I haven't played the game, but isn't that exactly what Super C is doing? After all, it's 2 different 3DS units playing a streamed game of Super C. Either way, the original game has been modified, I'm sure thye could do the same for Pokemon.

Edit: I forgot it was a NES game, there was no link cable. But it's still being modified anyways. So I'm sure the same could happen with Pokemon.

The game is not modified in any way. It's just two NES emulators running the same game at the same time with lockstep networking. After initial synchronization, each 3DS unit only needs to send control data at each frame.

It sounds strange, but the link cable, which was designed to transfer data between two different units, is actually harder to emulate because it worked at very low level. The proper way to emulate a link cable is to emulate two gameboys on each end so the data transfer can happen locally, and just send/receive inputs like 2-player console emulation.

I don't know if the GameGear link cable was easier to emulate or Sega just put more effort into it.

Murrah

Banned
Been said by me and others a bajillion times, but I think the lack of GBA games on the 3DS comes down to them not being able to perfectly emulate them on 3DS, at least based on the ambassador games. It sucks since they're good enough for me and I'm sure most people as well, but it's Nintendo

Drago

What are the odds of getting Black Ops and Mass Effect on the WiiU eShop.

Seems crazy to not put them on.
Mass Effect makes no sense because all of EAs other games are up for download.

NONE of Activisions games are up for download. They're the only WiiU publisher who hasn't put a single title up for download.

why does nintendo make this very strange decisions?

makes no sense @ all.

javac

Dat ambassador loyalty!

huuir.png

Drago

So after transferring my two Wiis to WiiU I have 500 total Wii points.

Anyone want to recommend me some NES gems?

So... anything?

Only recommendation I got was for Startropics or Blaster Master, and I already have the GBC Blaster Master so no point in getting that.

serplux

So... anything?

Only recommendation I got was for Startropics or Blaster Master, and I already have the GBC Blaster Master so no point in getting that.

Just broadly, the Castlevanias (1 and 3 are great, 2 is good), Megamans (Megaman 3 or 4 specifically), Marios (although I find Mario 1 to be a bit outdated, and The Lost Levels to be romhack-like), Ninja Gaidens (except maybe 3, which was my least favorite), and River City Ransom to be pretty good bets.

@MUWANdo

Banned
So... anything?

Blaster Master NES and Blaster Master GBC are not the same game, even though they use many of the same assets.

Anyway, I recommend Phantasy Star for Sega Master System, but if you specifically want NES games I'd suggest some of the lesser-known stuff--S.C.A.T., Ufouria, Shadow of the Ninja, Milon's Secret Castle, etc--but I wouldn't necessarily expect all of them to end up on Wii U.

hunnies28

I just changed my region on my 3DS setting so I can use a foreign card. After changing , I checked my eShop settings and my Club Nintendo account was still linked so I bought a game (PAC-MAN NES)but it still hasn't given me any coins.

Can anyone please confirm that this game awards points?
Do you think it's necesary to un link and re link my Club Nintendo account after the region change?

Javier

I just changed my region on my 3DS setting so I can use a foreign card. After changing , I checked my eShop settings and my Club Nintendo account was still linked so I bought a game (PAC-MAN NES)but it still hasn't given me any coins.

Can anyone please confirm that this game awards points?
Do you think it's necesary to un link and re link my Club Nintendo account after the region change?
Try this:

- Go to your Club Nintendo account on your PC.
- Click on "Account & Coins" (Link is on the top right, inside the red square).
- Click the "Products" tab and search for Pac-Man among your products. If it's there, the survey that will give you the coins will show up in a few days. Virtual Console games only have Post-Plays, so they take a while to show up.
- If the game is not listed in your products, then your CN account is not properly linked.

hunnies28

Try this:

- Go to your Club Nintendo account on your PC.
- Click on "Account & Coins" (Link is on the top right, inside the red square).
- Click the "Products" tab and search for Pac-Man among your products. If it's there, the survey that will give you the coins will show up in a few days. Virtual Console games only have Post-Plays, so they take a while to show up.
- If the game is not listed in your products, then your CN account is not properly linked.
It's there ! Thank you !!

But this will most likely affect every single PAL VC release, so unless you plan to only buy (some of) the discounted games this will end up affecting you.

That's true but I already have all the VC titles that I want until they start releasing Gamecube games on VC. Besides, I am used to 50Hz. If I had been brought up on 60Hz and then was given no option but to have it at 50Hz now I might not be too happy about it but that is not the case.

I understand completely why you and others feel differently and that is a perfectly valid position to take. However, for me it's just not that big an issue to get worked up about. Besides, I have enough of those already! :)

Oxx

The Giantbomb QL pretty much sold me on Tokyo Clash Mobs. I just hope they didn't show too much of the game.

I don't remember there being too much in the pipeline for the 3DS eshop, so I might as well use these funds on something.

zroid

Banned
The Giantbomb QL pretty much sold me on Tokyo Clash Mobs. I just hope they didn't show too much of the game.

Yeah it was pretty amazing, lol. I'm going to buy it at some point. First I need to get Fluidity and Crimson Shroud though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The only way I'm getting Tokyo Crash Mobs is on some sort of sale like they had last year for eShop titles. I'll bite for $4, or under.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Any impressions on the new Cave game on Wii U eShop?
I'm really enjoying it. The only annoyance is no off TV play.

Dat ambassador loyalty!

huuir.png

Thanks for that image. Been wanting the original source for that. I'm a 3DS ambassador but joined GAF long after that image was made. Appended it to my avatar.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hey Beril I've bought Gunman Clive yesterday and it's pretty neat, 3D effect is very well done, congrats. Loving the crazy bosses :)

Don't hate me but you also need to hire someone else to do the music for your next game, I'm not one to usually mute the music on games but man that is unbearable to me and doesn't fit at all with the theme/game/pace, IMO of course.

zroid

Banned
Hey Beril I've bought Gunman Clive yesterday and it's pretty neat, 3D effect is very well done, congrats. Loving the crazy bosses :)

Don't hate me but you also need to hire someone else to do the music for your next game, I'm not one to usually mute the music on games but man that is unbearable to me and doesn't fit at all with the theme/game/pace, IMO of course.

The music was one of my favourite things about GC! Ignore him, Beril :p

VICI0US

a bit LTTP but I noticed bit.trip saga is finally up on the 3DS E-Shop.

did they fix any of the supposed framerate issues the retail releases suffered from?

dwu8991

Banned

I don't remember there being too much in the pipeline for the 3DS eshop, so I might as well use these funds on something.

Give me the link , please !

also

Banned

Don't listen to him, Beril.

rjc571

Banned
Yeah, Gunman Clive's soundtrack was the perfect combination of Mega Man and Wild West. Don't know what that guy's on about.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I thought the music was perfectly fitting for the humorous western setting.

M3d10n

I watched the video at the eShop and it looked like Zuma with a very *ahem* "unique" skin. Is there more to it?

rjc571

Banned
I watched the video at the eShop and it looked like Zuma with a very *ahem* "unique" skin. Is there more to it?

Note that I've never played Zuma so I don't know if it contains any of the following features, but Tokyo Crash Mobs has some unusual features:

• Three unique varieties of gameplay depending on which character you're using (either one alone or both together), each of which plays somewhat differently from the other two
  • Story Mode (in addition to Endless Mode)
  • Powerups
  • Ability to either throw enemies over the line or roll them under, depending on which character you're using
  • Gameplay effects such as people who cut in line, beach balls that stun your character unless you destroy them before they get to the end of the line, ninjas, bombs, runners, dancing lines, and more
  • Movie maze!

Also note that Zuma itself is a ripoff of PuzzLoop, which was made by the same people as Tokyo Crash Mobs.

Roto13

Everyone disagrees. :p I don't know if the music of Gunman Clive could possibly fit more with the game.

There could probably stand to be more of it, but the music is probably my favourite thing about the game.

a bit LTTP but I noticed bit.trip saga is finally up on the 3DS E-Shop.

did they fix any of the supposed framerate issues the retail releases suffered from?
I've played both versions extensively and can say fairly definitively that they did not. Same game. Still worth it to have on my 3DS all the time, though, as BIT.TRIP is my favorite gaming thing of this generation. Nice and cheap digitally too.

BriBri

Everyone disagrees. :p I don't know if the music of Gunman Clive could possibly fit more with the game.

There could probably stand to be more of it, but the music is probably my favourite thing about the game.
Everyone is pretty hyperbolic and a word I wouldn't use
although I too disagree!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Heheheh, I just realized you can use the save state feature to totally cheese Wario Land 1's end of level coin bonus game.

MWAHAHAH

"Greed is good!"

Top Bottom