• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best DLC of all time??

maxresdefault.jpg

Other DLC enhance the experience, this expansion made history.

Broodwar turn Starcraft into the biggest esport of it's time, but nowaday what was made with Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne has much more impact into gaming world.

you guys opening this up to pre-DLC expansion packs are changing the whole playing field of this discussion.
You kinda have to though if so many people are gonna say Blood and Wine, which is an expansion pack in a time where everyone calls everything DLC.

I'm reading that Left Behind is really good; worth playing if I haven't touched TLOU in at least two years (even if I liked it a lot)?

Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser
Mass Effect 2 - Lair of the Shadow Broker
Mass Effect 3 - Citadel
TES Oblivion - Shivering Isles
Dark Souls - Artorias of the Abyss

Dunno if they're the 'best' but they're my favourites. Tbh I've really liked all the story-related DLC I've played from the Dragon Age, Mass Effect, TES, Fallout & Souls series

I'm reading that Left Behind is really good; worth playing if I haven't touched TLOU in at least two years (even if I liked it a lot)?
Did you finish the TLOU? While Left Behind is largely a standalone experience, it does flesh out Ellie's character and gives more context to some late game TLOU scenes. It's enjoyable on its own, but even better when you consider how it relates to the main game.

Ashler

Dark Souls - Artorias of the Abyss, easily, for me.

Going back in time, taking part of the Artorias story line and meet baby Sif was a highlight in the Dark Souls games.

Broank

Blood and Wine + Hearts of Stone

25 bucks for more content than a full game and it's some of the best stuff in media.

[Fugo]

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone and The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine.

A category of their own; there's more effort and value in those DLCs alone than in the majority of full retail games. That's the extent of what they've done.

xviper

Blood and wine, nothing can top that, it's better than most games i played in 2016 COMBINED

it's only problem is the same as the base game, it's glitchy as fuck, i don't know what's CD Project Red's problem with bugs, Witcher 3 is filled with bugs like no other game, even the DLC is fucked up with bugs, when Blood and wine came out, there wa a glitch in a quest where it will not allow you to lock-on for the rest of the game, don't know if they fixed that yet

i hope in their next games they focus on fixing the glitches before releasing the game

galv

Unconfirmed Member
Blood & Wine, Hearts of Stone @ #1 for me easily. The amount of content in those two could have made an entire other game in the Witcher franchise.

Artorias of the Abyss is a close, close second.

Thabian

Fallout New Vegas: Old world Blues (20 hrs of retro sci-fi gameplay)

Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (added a meaty fantasy setting for Borderlands)

Freeman76

How can you put Hearts of Stobe and not Blood and wine lol, we got a whole new area which was as good, if not better than anything in the main game, and a great story.

True Fire

The Old Hunters would've been an amazing standalone game. It's a wild descent into madness, and the game's Lovecraftian influence really comes out during the last act.

Would have to be something from Fallout New Vegas - so Old World Blues stands out there - or maybe the Episodes from Liberty City for GTA IV. Both sets of DLC for their respective games really brought the goods once you have played the main game.

Dreavus

MK8 is up there for both quality and value. Goddamn it was so good.

Smash bros had some great additions too but it was very expensive to get everything.

Savitar

The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine

It's the new high standard for DLC which most companies based on their jokes for what they consider DLC and value will never reach.

Jombie

Hearts of Stone / Blood and Wine - Witcher 3
The Old Hunters - Bloodborne
Crown of the Old Iron King / Sunken King - Dark Souls 2
Minerva's Den - Bioshock 2
Left Behind - Last of Us

UglyPony

BB: Old Hunters and TLoU: Left Behind are the first once to cross my mind.

I also liked most of the Mass Effect 2-3 dlc's

Ahasverus

The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine

It's the new high standard for DLC which most companies based on their jokes for what they consider DLC and value will never reach.
I think the phrase applies for "The whole of W3 " and "games" instead of DLC. I'm never buying the "Big games are hard to make! therefore excuse our unpolish/bad writing/bland world/bad gameplay" excuse ever again.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Call me crazy but I think Skyrim Dragonborn is one hell of a DLC. Nice story, long, meaty campaign, huge new location etc

Top Bottom