• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

Geg

Nintendo: "Our new Nintendo direct will focus mainly on ARMS and Splatoon 2!"
Gaf: "Holy shit, get ready for Pokemon Stars and Metroid Prime 4!!"

Nintendo: Our new Nintendo direct will focus mainly on 2017 Switch games including Super Mario Odyssey!"
Gaf: "Wow, it's fucking nothing!"

sinonobu

Banned
You guys need to forget about Pokémon Stars game. It's too late for this year for a mainline Pokémon game announcement, even for a third version. There will be a Pokémon game for Switch this fall but it won't be what you expect. The year after the new gen is always the year of new Mystery Dungeon game.

I don't see Pokemon taking another year off.

There's no way mainline game is not coming.

I feel like this is going to be a repeat of last year so keep those expectations low guys.

It's better for you.

people just start to dream. i remember people expecting nintendo to go all in for the january event with 20+ core titles lol.
people WILL be dissapointed because they already know about all the big titles in 2017, neogaf will be like "that's it?".

⭐️⭐️⭐️C'mon babbby. I wanna be a starboy, bayyyby⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nesther

Even if it's just about 2017, they still have several empty months to fill. So there's a lot of potential for big surprises.

So are they doing a direct style video again or an actual live presentation?, because they haven't mentioned "Direct" once in that announcement and the website is e3.nintendo.com.

-Full reveal of ARMS
-Full reveal of Mario Odyssey (that will be a lot more amazing than people are expecting, like BOTW last year)
-New trailer for Splatoon 2
-New trailer for Xenoblade 2 that will be confirmed for this year.
-Some 3rd party games with at least one unexpected for a Nintendo platform
-VC and online detailed
-New firmware update announced with video recording, Netflix incoming, etc...
-Close with a teaser of the new Retro game

You miss
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Mario x Rabbid RPG (if it is real)

I don't have insane expectations like many others since I am happy about what I currently get to play on Switch. If all the above are to be shown, I will be very happy.

I hope it's a misunderstanding about only 2017 games for direct (or that they have some truly amazing 2017 game surprises instead). I want to get a Switch by the time Mario Odyssey comes, but the library as it stands is simply woefully undercooked even if I include all the announced games I actually want (Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 2, Project Octo Traveler). Combine this with all the problems the hardware has and the barebones system as it stands, and not even MO is going to make me think I should get a Switch at $299.99 if there isn't a very good upcoming lineup shown at E3. I'll just end up waiting for 2018 then.

I want to see the fruits of this unified development front Switch was supposedly going to allow Nintendo to take advantage of, sooner rather than later. Please, maybe at least the Retro game? Here's hoping.

That's nice, man. Have you read this thread at all, or are you just here to spout.

Typical Nintendo over reaction thread/comments.

It just says the focus will be on 2017 titles. I mean, of course it will be. They're not going to show a few short clips of Mario Odyssey etc and put the focus on 2018 titles are they?

So happy for a dedicated focus on Switch during the Spotlight.

That being said I hope they don't spend much time on ARMS during the Spotlight, considering ARMS will be coming out that week, not to mention the tournament and probably loads of Treehouse stuff.

Have they mentioned previously if they are going to detail their online service at E3?

Obligatory: Metroid and Mother 3/Trilogy collection please.

zeromcd73

Nintendo's E3 activities kick off Tuesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. PT with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view live at http://e3.nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017.
Available to view live at http://e3.nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017.
this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017.
with a focus on games launching in 2017.
Remember that time Nintendo announced its last Direct as being ARMS/Splatoon 2 focused? Relax yall

Raw64life

When Nintendo’s booth space opens at noon on June 13, show attendees will be among some of the first people in the world to get their hands on Super Mario Odyssey, as well as other games for Nintendo Switch. Super Mario Odyssey is Mario’s first sandbox-style game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.

All I needed to hear. Making a b-line for that shit.

wrowa

After the last two Digital Events were announced with (more or less) funny hype videos, this feels pretty low key and unexciting in comparison. Hopefully this isn't a sign of what's to come at E3. Switch is doing great so far, but I don't think they are in a position yet where it's advisable to hold their cards close to the chest.

Finally! I'm kind of bummed that they didn't use a Reggie video but I'm just glad to know their plans! I find it interesting that they say it'll be about 2017 games. Definitely seems to imply that they have more to announce for this year. Also says that their 2018 plans aren't going to be fully detailed at E3, which I think is a smart move.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sounds good - they probably have a bunch of surprises in store if they can focus on 2017 mostly...need that Monster Hunter confirmation.
why? We don't know anything yet

You know why....god forbid on a company focusing on stuff they have lined up for the next 12 months instead of Shenmue3/7R situation where you end up waiting decades for a new screenshot.

I'm saying with how people reacted last year to E3 they may as well go in with low expectations because I'm not expecting it to be bad anyway.

How did people react last year? Kimishima told us last year April at the investors meeting that E3 2016 was going to be about Zelda only. We all knew what E3 2016 was going to be about before we headed into it.

ggx2ac

So are they doing a direct style video again or an actual live presentation?, because they haven't mentioned "Direct" once in that announcement and the website is e3.nintendo.com.

There was a thread not long ago confirming they are not doing a live presentation.

It's a direct with a different name.

-Full reveal of ARMS
-Full reveal of Mario Odyssey (that will be a lot more amazing than people are expecting, like BOTW last year)
-New trailer for Splatoon 2
-New trailer for Xenoblade 2 that will be confirmed for this year.
-Some 3rd party games with at least one unexpected for a Nintendo platform
-VC and online detailed
-New firmware update announced with video recording, Netflix incoming, etc...
-Close with a teaser of the new Retro game

ARMS releases 2 days after the event, they're not gonna wait with the full reveal until then.
reviews will be out before it anyway.

otherwise this sounds about right.

ggx2ac

How did people react last year? Kimishima told us last year April at the investors meeting that E3 2016 was going to be about Zelda only. We all knew what E3 2016 was going to be about before we headed into it.

As in with how people reacted when they heard only Zelda would be shown.

Obviously it was negative.

MisterR

people just start to dream. i remember people expecting nintendo to go all in for the january event with 20+ core titles lol.
people WILL be dissapointed because they already know about all the big titles in 2017, neogaf will be like "that's it?".

Yep, Nintendo is gonna Nintendo. It's gonna be a lot about MO, Arms, Splatoon 2, maybe 10 minutes interviewing some random developer. We may get thrown a bone or two.

Jintor

wow i tried googling a bunch of world timers and all of them were too much for my sleep addled brain to handle. what's the standard one gaf uses?

as far as i can tell AEST needs to take Wed 14th off (the 9am kickoff will be 2am Wed)... hope I can figure them out.

JMY86

Well this certainly does not sound very good. I'm guessing we will get a Mario blowout like we had with Zelda last year and probably not much else. Xenoblade 2 will probably come out this year in Japan but I have serious doubts it will make it to the West this year. I really hope Nintendo has tricks up their sleeve for this year...

There was a thread not long ago confirming they are not doing a live presentation.

Ah ok thanks, it's interesting how they keep saying "with a focus on games launching in 2017", it seems like they won't announce any new games coming in 2018?

Lachie007

Metroid fans are like babies, one bad game in a series of gems. Donkey kong is not the reason we don't get good metroid games anymore

I'm hoping for some news on OS updates that breathes life into the system. Turned on my Switch yesterday after two weeks and it's so drab.

It's great that they aren't focusing 3DS. Good riddance to that thing.

JoeM86

Every time Nintendo says focus, people lose their minds even though every time it is the case that focus does not mean exclusively.

wrowa

They only ever had one E3 Direct anyway (the first year they didn't have a conference). Afterwards they pumped up the production values and called it a Digital Event.

Now it got yet another name. Who knows what that means (or if it means anything).

phanphare

Banned
I hope it's a misunderstanding about only 2017 games for direct (or that they have some truly amazing 2017 game surprises instead). I want to get a Switch by the time Mario Odyssey comes, but the library as it stands is simply woefully undercooked even if I include all the announced games I actually want (Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 2, Project Octo Traveler). Combine this with all the problems the hardware has and the barebones system as it stands, and not even MO is going to make me think I should get a Switch at $299.99 if there isn't a very good upcoming lineup shown at E3. I'll just end up waiting for 2018 then.

I want to see the fruits of this unified development front Switch was supposedly going to allow Nintendo to take advantage of, sooner rather than later. Please, maybe at least the Retro game? Here's hoping.

it is a misunderstanding on your part, yes

Top Bottom