• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Controller Bluetooth on PC causes frame drops?

Iorv3th

I just got a bluetooth Xbox One controller today for use on PC. Didn't want to continue using the 360 controller as it's kind of worn and the dpad sucks.

So today I bought the xbox one controller and a play and charge kit. Already have a bluetooth adapter. I connected with bluetooth and fired up darksiders 2 and was getting frame drops down into the single digits. Going from 130's to 8fps. I noticed when I brought my controller closer to the bluetooth receiver I got more consistently high framerates.

However when I pulled the controller back away it started dipping again.

I turned bluetooth off and just used wired and i'm getting locked 144fps.

Or is it just something to do with bluetooth devices in windows 10? I have never seen this and would have never expected it. Would like to use this thing wireless if I could.

Does anyone have any advice?

Make sure your Bluetooth receiver has compatible windows 10 drivers. I had one that didn't and it caused all performace dips on my PC no matter what. I bought a newer one with proper plug-and-play drivers and it worked with no issues.

Iorv3th

Make sure your Bluetooth receiver has compatible windows 10 drivers. I had one that didn't and it caused all performace dips on my PC no matter what. I bought a newer one with proper plug-and-play drivers and it worked with no issues.

This is probably the issue. It's just using a generic driver. I'll have to order a new one. I just got this one cheap a while back for wiimote support on windows 7.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
There are some games where the Xbox One controller wasn't optimized for.

I for the life of me couldn't figure out why my 980ti was dropping frames on Trails in the Sky, a game from 2005-6 ish. Once I switched controllers, the frames didn't drop again.

Top Bottom