• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

ISee

I've got one sitting in a tab. I just need to do the graphics settings section, so it'll be up around half an hour after the game has unlocked (I'm assuming unpacking will take at least ~20 minutes).

Edit: Oh, well, never mind.

SORRY!
I'll p.m. a mod to close it.

Posted this in another thread, but now I'm thinking the OT is a better place for it.

Anyone else preorder with Amazon? My copy still hasn't shipped. Says, "Shipping Soon." I had this happen with King of Fighters 14, and it ended up being that I wouldn't get it until 2 days after release. Same with Star Fox. I'm considering canceling my order and going with regular retail. Hate how sometimes they shirk on their "release day delivery" guarantee, and then act like they aren't at fault. Has anyone's Amazon order shipped yet?

ascully

Jasec do once unlocked via VPN do I need to put steam in offline mode until tonight here in the US when it unlocks properly?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you have to stay in offline mode after the game unlocked via VPN? Want to play now, but never used a VPN before

The "Play" button will revert back to "Preload" if you disconnect from the VPN, however you won't be booted out mid-game. People switch to Offline Mode simply because it's easier to relaunch the game.

Jasec do once unlocked via VPN do I need to put steam in offline mode until tonight here in the US when it unlocks properly?

As above. ;)

What country is Mafia 3 unlocked in?

Doesn't flyvpn have a free trial? I can't seem to find the free login/pw area on their website. Though I could be misremembering.

ISee

No need to apologise! Steam says there are only ~five minutes to go, so, yeah, it'll be up within the next 10 or so minutes.

Great :)

PC players you can also use Australia to VPN unlock now:

captureahpn2.jpg

Ok ya. Story telling is simply next level here.

That sounds even better!

JaseC

Thanks, so now we just loging with our regular accounts instead of using the free login/pw like in the past?

Yeah, looks that way. It's definitely a recent change as the free accounts were still required the last time I used it (I'd guess two months ago or so now).

I really want to play this after watching Cohh's stream but: £39.99 (£37.99 with Prime) physical or £54.99 Digital Download / XBO Store.

Even with a 10% discount out in the wild for XBO credit that's still £50 vrs £38. Why.... why....

Yeah, looks that way. It's definitely a recent change as the free accounts were still required the last time I used it (I'd guess two months ago or so now).

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks!

Though now I'm running into Steam not wanting to work. I saw your post about the mobile authenticator getting in the way, and I do use that, but I don't know how to remove the mobile authenticator and just use the email one.

Any ideas anybody?

Edit: Just found out. Has to be done via the app itself.

JaseC

I'm really looking forward to the choices...I know as you take over parts of the city you can choose to assign your partners to different districts, and they can get jealous if you favor one over the other. I'm wondering if you can choose to just totally favor one forever and wipe the other two out, and if this adds any replay.

Missions being all extremely repetitive is a huge turnoff for me. I mean, Mafia 2 missions were repetitive enough, how can they not come up with some original approach with the missions?

I think I'll jump in on PS4 Pro even if it's not that great.

I played through the first two Mafia games so might as well play this too.

thatJohann

I'm playing the One version and it doesn't look good.

It's blurry and never runs smooth.

Can you check which version are you running?

If you go to 'My Games & Apps' from the Xbox dashboard, move over to the Mafia 3 tile then hit LB + RB + View button. This brings up a data screen and shows game version.

Is it 1.01 or 1.02?

thanks!

Holy shit

Simulation driving is amazing fun

The feedback is 'chunky' and heavy in terms of feel.

Fishtailing lincolns car is awesome. But it may not be to everyones taste.

JJShadow

Just received my PS4 copy, cannot wait to sink into it! Btw, physical copies include a really detailed map of 1968 New Orleans, nice detail

Karak

Does the city feel full of life and organic with interesting npc behaviour etc?

I will do a later walking the walk video to cover all this but for mine time in it, there is a ton to like here when it comes to that. Lots of open stores too

Lucifon

If you go to 'My Games & Apps' from the Xbox dashboard, move over to the Mafia 3 tile then hit LB + RB + View button. This brings up a data screen and shows game version.

Is it 1.01 or 1.02?

thanks!
Woah I did not know about that little power user feature. Is the day one update out for xb1?

M.W.

Do people react to getting shot in different places? Seems like the case based on earlier videos but I'd like a confirmation. Thanks!

Is it 1.01 or 1.02?

thanks!
It says Mafia3_1.0.0.5_x64

Edit: Options screen says 1.010.0

Top Bottom