• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
37e18bf9ac47126e20f61c951837b871b0ddaa20.jpg

60925272c3f73be71dfa2533b0f879d74f19510d.jpg

Maxed settings. It don't really care for the look of the post-processing effect, but there's no AA without it. Even with it enabled, the AA isn't very good, as evidenced above. Is there an Nvidia profile for it?

For all you guys running Skyrim ENB, is it killing your frame rate? I tried running ENB for lots of games and it just killed performance for me.

1920 x 1080 - 30-40fps outdoors, 55-60 indoors

shadow quality reduced to "high", 12xAF/4xAA, FXAA not enabled.

i5 2500k @ 3.3
8gb RAM
1gb 550Ti (upgrading to new kepler card once they're out so i can really crank everything)

Does anyone know of a better AA bit for Mass Effect 2? The default setting for AA is pretty terrible. I could crank the AA up to 32CSAA and still have a bunch of jaggies. Only when I use that, or a slightly slower AA setting plus SGSSAA does the picture look better, but at the cost of the performance. Majorly. :(

I'm running at 1440p.

dr_rus

Does anyone know of a better AA bit for Mass Effect 2? The default setting for AA is pretty terrible. I could crank the AA up to 32CSAA and still have a bunch of jaggies. Only when I use that, or a slightly slower AA setting plus SGSSAA does the picture look better, but at the cost of the performance. Majorly. :(

I'm running at 1440p.
Default AA bit for ME1 (and 2 probably) is broken in 29x.xx drivers. You get flickering or no AA at all with them. You can either try 0x00000045 or 0x08009CC5 bits or downgrade to 275.33 drivers which seems to work fine with default AA bit.

IoCaster

The Last Remnant - Forced 4xMSAA, 4xSGSSAA via NI and some slight downsampling 2560x1440. This game really is difficult to clean up.

tlr-11.png

tlr-12.png

Here's two Skyrim. *shrug*

http://www.iocaster.com/screenshots/sky-2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Image was loading slow for me for some reason, so it started off very pixelated before slowing becoming clear. I captured this about half-way through the process. Looks very old-school.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iuhaA8dkB6cxO.PNG

IoCaster

Image was loading slow for me for some reason, so it started off very pixelated before slowing becoming clear. I captured this about half-way through the process. Looks very old-school.

I hope I'm not lagging the thread. I usually get good bandwidth when I host images so I tend to use PNG to avoid having to deal with crappy JPG compression. I'll space my posts out a bit so I don't have multiple images on any given page.

I should have noted that I'm using a heavily modified FXAA Post Process injector with the Himmelsrand shaders. I've also modded some of the light sources in the game to brighten up interiors and dungeons although still quite a bit darker than vanilla. My graphic settings at the moment are FXAA off, 16xAF, 2xMSAA, 2xSGSSAA, SSAO @ performance setting and the images are slightly downsampled 2560x1440.

I hope I'm not lagging the thread. I usually get good bandwidth when I host images so I tend to use PNG to avoid having to deal with crappy JPG compression. I'll space my posts out a bit so I don't have multiple images on any given page.

Oh God no, I wasn't complaining just wanted to show how cool Skyrim looked with old-school graphics. Keep uploading quality PNGs, they are excellent.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
We should prepare new page just for Mass Effect 3 demo :)

I genuinely wonder though, will it even look better than ME2 technically? First of all yeah it's a demo so there's not texture packs and stuff for it, but something tells me the visual technical bar will be the same as ME2.

Or am I wrong?

I genuinely wonder though, will it even look better than ME2 technically? First of all yeah it's a demo so there's not texture packs and stuff for it, but something tells me the visual technical bar will be the same as ME2.

Pretty much. From what I've seen in the 360 demo, it looks about on par with ME2. Some horrible textures, though.

Regardless, the opening stage is awe-inducing and great screenshot material.

Hello,

long time lurker, first time poster!

I use Firefox at home and whenever I view the pictures they are always huge and I have to scroll across.

Is there any addon that would allow them to auto resize to fit my browser window or resolution? :)

Not sure if that made any sense or not!

Hello,

long time lurker, first time poster!

I use Firefox at home and whenever I view the pictures they are always huge and I have to scroll across.

Is there any addon that would allow them to auto resize to fit my browser window or resolution? :)

Not sure if that made any sense or not!

Hmmm not sure about Firefox but I know with IE down the bottom right you have this little zoomin zoomout thing you can click to resize the page.

KKRT00

Or am I wrong?

Lighting is much better and draw distance is quite amazing, i'm pretty sure it will look beautiful on shots :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Mass effect 3 demo. I'm guessing this is the 360 version + resolution modifier. Feels like playing past gen games in an emulator. In the sense that outside of the resolution improvements it's virtually the same game.

masseffect3demo2012-0edfbj.png

Shepard V Reaper : The battle of who has the worst textures

masseffect3demo2012-09mcp2.png

Oh...honey... I'm terribly sorry about what happened to your face area.

For the record, I went out of my way to grab as flattering pictures as possibly but they all ended up shit like the ones above.

edit : oh and I almost forgot, that's with 4xSGSSAA + 4xMSAA.

Top Bottom