• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Software Murdered At Toys R Us (Massacre Pix Included)

Richelieu

If this was the last day of the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal then it isn't that impressive. Toys R Us lets you exchange the two you paid for after they get new stock in. I bought 3 copies of Trauma Center: New Blood since they were the last 3 $50 games in the store. Seriously. People bought the crappy games and will be returning them shortly.

maybe someone was buying up the stock on some coupon to resell it? I cant imagine another reason why so many games would sell out at once.

Scenester

LaserBuddha said:
maybe someone was buying up the stock on some coupon to resell it? I cant imagine another reason why so many games would sell out at once.

ummm, b2get1free deal on around chirstmas? Makes sense

great thread btw

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If you buy 3 games it comes out to about $33.33 a game, which is about how much Gamefly charges. Nothing worth rioting over.

Tenbatsu

PantherLotus said:
it-shoots-money.gif

Why is there a lady's face?:lol

PantherLotus said:
Who's the girl, Panther? :lol Looks like that chick that was/is popular on IGN. Can't remember her name.

I feel so bad for not having Zack and Wiki but it'll be one of my first non-PS3 purchases of 2008, promise :(

EDIT: beaten :(

Just got back from Best Buy to use the $10 off coupon.
got Eternal Sonata. Last one left. :)
Completely normal, stocked Wii software section. Gotta say, I'm proud of my city. :)

Jewbacca said:
Thats called poor instocks and a really shitty kept Toys-R-Us
Really? I don't find it so unbelievable that this close to Xmas with a buy two get one free deal going on with the hottest Xmas system's software that they would be razed to the ground.

As someone already said, I have no earthly idea why they would do that kind of deal so close to Xmas.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Segata Sanshiro said:
Really? I don't find it so unbelievable that this close to Xmas with a buy two get one free deal going on with the hottest Xmas system's software that they would be razed to the ground.

As someone already said, I have no earthly idea why they would do that kind of deal so close to Xmas.
Because TRU is still in a serious financial situation?

Segata Sanshiro said:

To get people to buy that second (third) game. A lot of people are buying the console as well, which means they are getting Wii sports. For most parents, it makes sense to buy the Wii (with Wii sports) and one extra game. They don't really have a reason to spring for another without the B2G1 free deal.

Penguin

zaccheus said:
what games are those?

Think it is the same game.
Legend of Dragon or something like that.
I have seen it and just wanted to try it because it looks so bad.

legend-of-the-dragon-20070529042807762.jpg

Game looks good:lol

Davidion

Penguin said:

It looks HORRIBLE. :lol:

The only good game that I saw left on the shelves by the store near where I work is Batallion Wars, which is a shame. Otherwise, you'd be surprised how much of the stuff left on the shelves is shovelware.

Chumly

This is exactly what my TRU looked like. On sunday when the deal started they had a shipment of 100 Wii's and almost everyone did the B2G1 deal some even bought 6 games. They were 100% fully stocked saturday night and by wednesday it looked exactly the same as the pictures. Its not hard to believe people were doing there christmas shopping. There were tons of people shopping for christmas.

Evlar

Banned
Penguin said:

Pull yourself together man! You look like you've seen a monster!

^ "Jaguar God" versus some random guy named "Billy" :lol :lol :lol

Pellham said:
:lol reminds me of the time when i was a kid, and i got freakin Home Alone 2 for christmas. Home Alone 2. (that's a really shitty NES game, btw)

I promise you the original is worse.

Gigglepoo

Night_Trekker said:
^ "Jaguar God" versus some random guy named "Billy" :lol :lol :lol

This is my favorite thing of the day. I've got $20 on Jaguar God. It's not shame losing to a god... especially when your name is Billy.

Lobster said:
That NPD will estimate TRU and this thread will maybe be a big factor for the NPD (if they do view gAF)
Yeah, I am sure there are some organizations that pull numbers out of their ass by looking at GAF threads but it is not NPD

KevinRo

Penguin said:

OK. I don't own a Wii but I am contemplating buying one in the near future. I've heard of some of the titles looking bad but... JESUS CHRIST THAT IS SHIT!!

I mean we have SMG which looks amazing and then there is this bullshit. No wonder no one buys it>It's complete bullshit. Not only does it look like bullshit, it smells and tastes like bullshit.

AlternativeUlster said:
Thank you for saying that Godfather: Blackhand is one of the third party titles that isn't shovelware. It's so awesome.

If you liked it, then you should play scarface. Its prettier and just as fun plus 100% more violent.

Well, you know what they say...

Casuals dig crappy non-games and shovelware.
;)

...and Moms buy games for their kids that don't look violent, (which would apply to most of the above) regardless of quality.

Yours had a lot of Wii games compared to mine. I went that same week to get Uncharted, the wii section was empty, there were like 5 games left and it was weird crap. Next to it the 360 and PS3 section were full, it was hilarious to see. The Wii software sales at TRU that week must be INSANE.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Gamer @ Heart said:
If you liked it, then you should play scarface. Its prettier and just as fun plus 100% more violent.

I already own it. Sure it is prettier, sure it is more violent but I still didn't have as much fun only because the malee controls were so fucking awesome in Godfather. Still the most fun I have had with the Wiimote. Scarface is still really good though. Just not as awesome as the Godfather.

maxmars

AlternativeUlster said:
I already own it. Sure it is prettier, sure it is more violent but I still didn't have as much fun only because the malee controls were so fucking awesome in Godfather. Still the most fun I have had with the Wiimote. Scarface is still really good though. Just not as awesome as the Godfather.

I concur, although I must say I still pop in Scarface from time to time, just to shoot things around or redo that fantastic drive-in mission or the one where you were ambushed. I loved those. :D

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
maxmars said:
I concur, although I must say I still pop in Scarface from time to time, just to shoot things around or redo that fantastic drive-in mission or the one where you were ambushed. I loved those. :D

Yeah, I still haven't finished Scarface yet. I am like 2 missions from completing it but I keep on getting distracted by doing coke runs so I can buy all the items. Plus bazillions of other games came out before I finished it. Will probably get through it after I finish Zack and Wiki. I am also missing some things from the Godfather like I need to blow up all the safes so I can get the final ranking but damn, that seems like a dick move to do to your buisnesses that you are already extorting. I will more than likely just start over so I can do that from the start.

Jokeropia

Lobster said:
That NPD will estimate TRU and this thread will maybe be a big factor for the NPD (if they do view gAF)
I think NPD estimates based on fixed algorithms and thus takes no consideration of special circumstances for individual months or games. I hope I'm wrong though. (Can driley or sonycowboy shed some light on this?)

TJ Spyke

MiamiWesker said:
Yours had a lot of Wii games compared to mine. I went that same week to get Uncharted, the wii section was empty, there were like 5 games left and it was weird crap. Next to it the 360 and PS3 section were full, it was hilarious to see. The Wii software sales at TRU that week must be INSANE.

Which is why it's dissapointed that TRU decided to opt out of giving their numbers to NPD last month.

tanod

when is my burrito
kame-sennin said:
To get people to buy that second (third) game. A lot of people are buying the console as well, which means they are getting Wii sports. For most parents, it makes sense to buy the Wii (with Wii sports) and one extra game. They don't really have a reason to spring for another without the B2G1 free deal.

Wii Sports does not count as a game for those deals. Wii Play would though.

Top Bottom