• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory |OT| Summertime '17

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
img_4782htuhx.jpg

OUT JUNE 23RD

@vincestaples

PURCHASE HERE

vinc-05-bft_signed_lpzfuqb.png

|TRACKLIST|

Crabs in a Bucket
Big Fish
Alyssa Interlude
Love Can Be...
Ramona Park is Yankee Stadium
Yeah Right
Homage
Samo
Party People
BagBak
Rain Come Down

|TOUR DATES| ALSO ON TOUR WITH GORILLAZ & DANNY BROWN

JUN22
ELECTRIC FOREST
ROTHBURY, MI, USA

JUL16
SLOSS FURNACES
BIRMINGHAM, AL, USA

JUL29
RANDALL'S ISLAND PARK
NEW YORK, NY, USA

AUG12
OYAFESTIVALEN
OSLO, NORWAY

AUG16
PUKKELPOP
KIEWIT - HASSELT, BELGIUM

AUG21
BERLIN C CLUB
BERLIN, GERMANY

AUG25
RICHFIELD AVENUE
READING, UNITED KINGDOM

AUG30
O2 FORUM KENTISH TOWN
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

SEP3
BUMBERSHOOT FESTIVAL
SEATTLE, WA, USA

SEP16
RED TRUCK BREWERY
VANCOUVER, CANADA

SEP22
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
LAS VEGAS, NV, USA

SEP24
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
LAS VEGAS, NV, USA

OCT7
UNION MARKET
WASHINGTON, DC, USA

NOV11
SHERWOOD FOREST
MCDADE, TX, USA

|REVIEWS|

NME
‘Big Fish Theory’ is one of the most ambitious, dazzling hip-hop albums of 2017 so far – neck-and-neck with Kendrick’s ‘DAMN.’.

THE LINE OF BEST FIT
Never mind whether Staples is a big fish in a little pond, a fish out of water, or a small fish in a big pond – this album renders all of those petty arguments invalid and pointless. Vince Staples has now composed an innovative ocean entirely of his own devising, the depths of which we are just now starting to comprehend.

PITCHFORK
Big Fish Theory is a compact rap gem for dancing to or simply sitting with, an album that is as innovative as it is accessible; if not a glimpse into the future, then it’s at least an incisive look at the present.

More to come

wenis

Hesitant about this record after the somewhat lowkey singles, but I know Vince will bring the heat.
The production on those two tracks only scratches the surface of what's on the record. It's pretty wild.

Right in between Danny Browns, Atrocity Exhibition kitchen sink mentality and Kendricks stretched and bent beats.

JimiNutz

Banned
Can't wait for this. I think I actually prefer Vince to Kendrick. Probably my favourite current rapper.

Goldboy

I wasn't really feeling Prima Donna despite loving 06 so I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Will check this out once it's on spotify.

cbrun44

Vince is right up there with Kendrick. After 3 classic albums, Damn was ultimately forgettable. After I week I was done.

Summertime '06 was amazing and it sounds like Big Fish Theory will be too.

wenis

that cant be the final tour list

he did an extensive tour before this album release and is also touring with Gorillaz/Danny Brown on their dates, so most of his festival appearances coincide with Gorillaz shows.

I imagine he'll want to do a solo tour in the future tho.

In for this.

But I swear something was released by Vince a few weeks back? Was that just a mixtape or whatever these kids call it nowadays?

Ugh it's not on Spotify yet. Can't wait for tomorrow, loved 06 and primadonna, though I do agree a couple of the singles so far have been meh.

hughesta

Banned
hey guess what this album is FUCKING awesome listen to it buy it play it for your kids get your dog a copy bump it in the whip

Permanently A

Yeah Right is fucking bonkers. Song sounds like it ends, then a break with some gorgeous vocals, then HE APPEARS.

This album is good.

daffy

Banned
he did an extensive tour before this album release and is also touring with Gorillaz/Danny Brown on their dates, so most of his festival appearances coincide with Gorillaz shows.

I imagine he'll want to do a solo tour in the future tho.
sadness. my face when i saw that Gorillaz AND Danny Brown will be in Miami later this year, but no Vince.

Anyway this album goes. AOTY so far? Def gonna be bumping this until next summer.

BeeDog

Damn, this album is heavy. Love this new generation of rappers not being afraid to cross over hard with established electronic artists.

"Yeah Right", "Party People" and "BagBak" are my favorites at the moment.

Top Bottom