• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

What are some opinions on Oxenfree?

I vaguely recall Alex talking about it.

I really enjoyed playing it with friends; the teens are relatively non-shitty and I thought the way the supernatural stuff plays out was really neat.

I played it before they added the NG+ stuff so I don't know how good that is though.

It's great!

I really enjoyed playing it with friends; the teens are relatively non-shitty and I thought the way the supernatural stuff plays out was really neat.

I played it before they added the NG+ stuff so I don't know how good that is though.

I wasn't in love with it like some people but I still thought it was pretty good

the dialogue system is really cool

Good enough for me! Will buy the humble bundle.

I honestly hate most games that focus on teenagers. Unlike films like the Last Picture Show, American Honey and so on they live in this fantasy universe where teenagers don't have sex, don't do drugs, aren't the worst of humanity and so on and I honestly find it pathetic and embarrassing how we bowdlerize the teenage experience. Aka ehhhh to Oxenfree

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
LinearJollyLadybug-size_restricted.gif

No PC build video will ever be as good as GB Easts PC build video

not sure what is happening here.

BTA

I honestly hate most games that focus on teenagers. Unlike films like the Last Picture Show, American Honey and so on they live in this fantasy universe where teenagers don't have sex, don't do drugs, aren't the worst of humanity and so on and I honestly find it pathetic and embarrassing how we bowdlerize the teenage experience. Aka ehhhh to Oxenfree

Oxenfree and LiS and such are wilder than any teen experience I had, to be fair.

I agree in general that it'd be good to have a game with a more realistic take on teenagers/high school but it's not like other media doesn't do the same.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I'm pretty sure them persona kids don't have sex nor do drugs.

Except the mc getting it on with them adult ladies and taking all those crazy hot doctor drugs.

I think it's a matter of writing about what they know, which I suppose means John Hughes movies or the personal experiences of kids who played video games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm actually more surprised that it's beastcast 121 already.

It's been alraedy 2 and half years of beastcast?

I'm getting old.

Top Bottom