• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 Review Thread

Tom Bramwell is gushing over this game. It sounds so FUN! I love it when games reward you for exploring but in a way that feels natural. All that emergent stuff he's talking about sounds great!

Is this not coming to Steam or what?

Zeliard

shaking my head @ people recommending against playing Far Cry 2

1UP said:
Yes, Far Cry 3 offers a handful of great-looking set pieces -- especially when Jason trips on psychedelic drugs

I'm envisioning that scene from The Beach.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I hope the PC game allow me to use my Xbox 360 controller.

Pctx

Banned
Holy crap... this is out already!??!?! Christmas list ahoy!
3AQmK.gif

DaBuddaDa

Guillemot did say Far Cry 3 had among the best playtest scores in Ubisoft’s history. Sounds like he wasn't bullshitting.

Kifimbo

RPS:

And let’s make a note of something about this third game as I close: It’s better than Far Cry 2. Whether or not you liked that game is, I think, irrelevant. Because it has kept what was good – the mad rallying of the driving, the fire propagation, the needlessly horrifying first-aid – and builds on everything else. For some people, I am sure, this will be game of the year. It’s certainly the game I hoped Far Cry 2 would be back in 2008. This new game doesn’t quite manage to clinch 2012 for me, but I have awkward tastes. For most people, I suspect, this will be cocktails and barbecues on the beach. Right as the year closes, we have another reason to be cheerful.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/21/wot-i-think-far-cry-3-single-player/

Beaulieu

Tom Bramwell is gushing over this game. It sounds so FUN! I love it when games reward you for exploring but in a way that feels natural. All that emergent stuff he's talking about sounds great!

Is this not coming to Steam or what?

you can preorder on steam

EGM - 10/10

SUMMARY: A story that puts you on the edge of your seat from the second it starts. The deep, skillfully scripted campaign is something every gamer should experience.

THE GOOD: The best blend of story and open-world action I’ve ever played.
THE BAD: Less multiplayer, more awesome ending, please!
THE UGLY: The thought of playing “pin the tail on the donkey” ever again…

Tom Bramwell said:
Never mind the Animus, Ubisoft Montreal must be rocking a time machine in order to ram so much content into these games without missing their ship dates.
Not to mention the 12 other Ubisoft studios around the world that insourced on it.
you can preorder on steam
Not in the UK you can't. It's not on the coming soon or search results. Classic Ubisoft bullshit?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is sad to hear. People are too influenced by the hype that the gaming media craps out.

Gaming media?

My negative impressions have almost entirely been based on the fact that Far Cry 2 wasn't very good and the demos and general marketing they've showed for this game have been even worse than that. It's their own fault really.

Pezking

German site xboxfront.de gives it 80%, but trashes the 360 version for it's graphics:

xboxfront.de said:
Far Cry 3 is struggling with a very low frame rate, resulting in significant reductions to playability. More technical shortcomings such as extreme edge flares, bad tearing and a completely botched lip-sync lead to our conclusion that the purchase of Far Cry 3 is not recommended for Xbox 360. On the other hand, with suitable PC hardware the game is one of the best shooters of the year!

http://www.xboxfront.de/test-1844-1327-6-Far_Cry_3_Xbox_360.html#start

Keep in mind that the bad lip-sync probably only relates to the german dubbed version.

Top Bottom