• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Striker

Exactly. Falcon is way more useless than the Hornet, and it's a shame to see such wasted potential.
The Falcon's machine gun is more powerful than the Hornet had; the best thing you can do with a hornet is primarily transporting. The gripe I have with it is the lack of being able to carry flag or bomb guys. Warthog of the Sky, they said.

Curious what kind of Forerunner vehicle 343 has in plans. We've seen Bungie go through the Spectre, Brute Chopper, Prowler, and the Revenant. Would like a worthwhile alien version of something that requires two players to control/shoot rather the one.

The Falcon's machine gun is more powerful than the Hornet had; the best thing you can do with a hornet is primarily transporting. The gripe I have with it is the lack of being able to carry flag or bomb guys. Warthog of the Sky, they said.

Curious what kind of Forerunner vehicle 343 has in plans. We've seen Bungie go through the Spectre, Brute Chopper, Prowler, and the Revenant. Would like a worthwhile alien version of something that requires two players to control/shoot rather the one.
Forerunner Chopper

FyreWulff

This actually makes me wonder if the UNSC will ever get a quality foil to the Banshee in matchmaking instead of the slower-moving aerial support vehicles that are currently gracing the franchise.

I view the Banshee like the Scorpion - something very Halo, but not really balanced in my opinion. They missed some cues for Reach (no angle limiter, tricks not using meter), but I think I've made this statement before with the tanks: the Scorpion is a gigantic unbalanced anti-everything sniper on wheels, the Wraith is a tank that is balanced. The Banshee was hilariously overpowered in H1PC (oh god all the betrayals for it in the PC demo), was a flying ghost in Halo 2, and with the reintroduction of the FRG in 3 started becoming the Scorpion of the sky. So in the same line, I view the Falcon like the Wraith - an air vehicle that was actually made to be balanced.

I would have liked an air transport vehicle though. Something between the Falcon and the Hornet.

Seriously though, who's idea was it to include a banshee on a NEW map after it was acknowledged to be broken? :lol It should be Evade'd out of existence.

1.never to include angle limiter and trick energy use.

edit: aw son of a bitch they're giving away Scott Pilgrim Bass shirts at PAX East.

Some SSX style competition in up here bhoy.

Snowboarding is cooler than fishing. Who jumps out of a helicopter with a fishing rod hey?

Got to say im impressed with the SSX free DLC.

Im semi excited for the Halo 4 magazine thing (assuming its happening), but I have to say if its just a back page picture I dont see how that could really tell us anything about the game.

Snowboarding is cooler than fishing. Who jumps out of a helicopter with a fishing rod hey?

Got to say im impressed with the SSX free DLC.

Im semi excited for the Halo 4 magazine thing (assuming its happening), but I have to say if its just a back page picture I dont see how that could really tell us anything about the game.

Back page will have details of the 'perks'. :p

First you hate SSX DLC, than love it, than hate, now like again, I give up!

Meh. Every month hype hype hype and every month total failure to live up to the hype.

Not completely the magazines fault though, people should really learn by now, don't you think?

Journalistic Hyperbole, what a thing.

Please let Halo 4 have customized Firefight modes like Reach. Pretty please.

I just whipped a new one up last night on a lark and love it. Makes the game play like Metal Gear Solid a bit. Will go through another playtest tonight and if it works out I'll share it with you guys in the morrow for shits and giggles.
As long as they keep it out of matchmaking. Firefight Arcade is so terrible and has pretty much killed classic Firefight. Just a bunch of bad kids boosting their commendations with jetpacks and unlimited FRGs. Ugh,

Firefight should concentrate on being a kick-ass survival mode (with an emphasis on survival) and a new netcode. That means not spawning with a 3x scope death machine and unlimited ammo caches and no goofy input lag.

Woorloog

Banned
Input on vehicles: Unless Halo will have more than 16 players, i think air transports should not be featured in multiplayer (for customs and Forge, sure, but not MM). Ground transport is riskier and way cooler, and any map where air transport is useful is too big a map. Never liked the T-Hornet in Avalanche.

As vehicles go, i'd stick to Halo CE-like Shade turret, possibly a human counterpart, the Ghost, the Banshee (balanced, Halo 3 is good starting point i think), the Warthog (MG, maybe Gauss, Halo-PC like rocket variants?), the Mongoose (a tad weaker and slower?), the Wraith and the Chopper (more of a vehicle killer whereas the Ghost is more versatile?).
I'd leave out the Scorpion entirely, it cannot be balanced for multiplayer and it is rather boring in campaign: slow, powerful and tough vehicle. Ain't exactly what Halo requires or should be.

I don't think UNSC really needs an aircraft. Unless you bring the Sparrowhawk from Halo Wars, with alternate weaponry of course. That thing is simply cool, unlike the Hornet (boring, slow, OP) or the Falcon (cool, non-sensical (no armored doors?), good controls(!), ultimately rather boring and somehow doesn't feel very Halo)

As long as they keep it out of matchmaking. Firefight Arcade is so terrible and has pretty much killed classic Firefight. Just a bunch of bad kids boosting their commendations with jetpacks and unlimited FRGs. Ugh,

Firefight should concentrate on being a kick-ass survival mode (with an emphasis on survival) and a new netcode. That means not spawning with a 3x scope death machine and unlimited ammo caches and no goofy input lag.
Firefight doubles is always a good time. But yeah, I'd love to see more hardcore Firefight modes, something more like ODST.

ElRenoRaven

Back page will have details of the 'perks'. :p

First you hate SSX DLC, than love it, than hate, now like again, I give up!

Not completely the magazines fault though, people should really learn by now, don't you think?

Journalistic Hyperbole, what a thing.

I agree. Not completely their fault. However they have to be held responsible also along with all of those who fall for it and continue to help build up that hype.

That's 8:00 AM my time. Neato.

Halo 4 or not, their cover stories are often pretty good.

GI are masters at hyping their own issues.
Yep. At least we know that Halo 4 information should come this month because David said that there will be a special podcast in April(or in May) where they can talk about more stuff. So I won't be really disappointed if Halo 4 is not the Cover story.

That's 8:00 AM my time. Neato.

Halo 4 or not, their cover stories are often pretty good.

GI are masters at hyping their own issues.

I still remember the Skyrim issue. People were foaming at the mouth to see it, even after they had announced it would just be the logo on a black background. :lol

The issue did have some great stuff, though, and their web hub was amazing, too.

Kibbles

Back cover may be a new baddie.

ciPf5.jpg

So it's 7pm for me. Fuck. ='(
Nah. It's 6pm for you too. 11am Central is 7hours behind Berlin, Madrid and Paris. 6hours for London. I do not know if Spain is divided into two time zones. If so, then I gave you false information, Gabotron. But if your timezone is GMT+1, it will be at 6PM or in 17hours. Which would be 6pm.

Wait - the rapture is here?

Crying-252BBaby-252BNatural-252BHigh-252Bfor-252BSome-252BMoms.jpg

Touché, touché. So I have to cause Rapture.

ElRenoRaven

Nah. It's 6pm for you too. 11am Central is 7hours behind Berlin, Madrid and Paris. 6hours for London. I do not know if Spain is divided into two time zones. If so, then I gave you false information, Gabotron. But if your timezone is GMT+1, it will be at 6PM or in 17hours. Which would be 6pm.

http://funnyphotosto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/22/Crying-252BBaby-252BNatural-252BHigh-252Bfor-252BSome-252BMoms.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]Touché, touché. So I have to cause Rapture.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

here I'll help you folks. Right now look at what time my post has for you. For me it's 6:08 PM. I'm Central time.

JuanGGZ

Banned

Spain is, indeed, divided into two time zones, one is the same as France, but I don't know where is Madrid about those two zones.

I hope 6pm. =3

Top Bottom