• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT11| Amonkhet - Have you ever had decks with a Pharaoh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, for Flameblade Adept, say I discard multiple cards at once, like with Bomat Courier. Does the Adept get +1/+0 for each card discarded this way?

So, for Flameblade Adept, say I discard multiple cards at once, like with Bomat Courier. Does the Adept get +1/+0 for each card discarded this way? If so, that could potentially be a strong interaction.

It gets a boost with each card that's discarded. If it said, "whenever you cycle or discard one or more cards", then it would only get a boost once.

Oh, here's the mummy cat.
636268579024871340.png
Why does the tail also get a bandage, there barely ain't even shit there

Rafy

Prepared//Fight

Prepared: Untap target creature. It gains +2/+2 and lifelink until end of turn

Fight: Target creature you control fights with target creature an opponent controls.

It was in Italian so I just translated it myself

The consequence half is basically prey upon but more expensive

Rafy

Feels like a weak rare, and the goldness of it would keep it from being an overpowered uncommon?

It's a neat battle trick for when you exert a creature. If the opponent attacks you you can just untap an exerted 5/4 for example, give it +2/+2 along with lifelink until end of turn, and then block with it.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
They should have made the second half instant speed.

red13th

Those frames are actually growing on me.
wtf is wrong with me!

Open Heart
1B
Sorcery
Uncommon
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonlegendary, nonland card from it. That player discards that card

is the flavour text KALIMA KALIMA

DrArchon

I will applaud WotC in regards to the new split card look for one thing, and that's getting just the tiniest bit more artwork on there. It's only like another 25% of a piece of art, but I'll take what I can get.

Also, I'm not feeling that heart-rip spell's artwork. I adore that it's essentially a Temple of Doom reference, but to me discarding cards = fucking with someone's brain, while fucking with someone's heart = life loss. Obviously this is a better card than just "Target player loses some life", but it's a bit of a flavor fail for me.

This set seems like garbage so far.

It's too early to read much into things. We've basically seen Limited fodder, the cycle lands (which are legit), and a few random cards of which a couple might be Standard playable. Overall just a single mythic and a smattering of rares which have mostly seemed decent combined with a ton of commons and uncommons.

DrArchon

This set seems like garbage so far.

The only underwhelming things have been the borders and fonts for the Invocations and one of the 5 gods. Everything else has been fine, be it the new dual lands or the limited fodder we've been shown.

I'd wait a couple more days before throwing the entire set in the dumpster.

Rafy

The only underwhelming things have been the borders and fonts for the Invocations and one of the 5 gods. Everything else has been fine, be it the new dual lands or the limited fodder we've been shown.

I'd wait a couple more days before throwing the entire set in the dumpster.

People got used to the MM3 spoilers that started with fetchlands and continued to get better, and now Amonkhet seems like a bad set to them.

bigkrev

Prepared to fight reads like an Uncommon, not a rare. We got 2-for-1s like Turn/Burn in DGM at Uncommon

Depends on how many legendaries are in the average standard deck. I'd imagine a lot. So slightly worse?

I think if Legends were a big theme in this set, we would have seen some by now. How many legends are currently played in standard?

Pia Nalaar
Archangel Avacyn
Thalia
Ishkanah
Oath of Nissa
Ulamog
Rishkar, Peema Renegade

If you take away Oath of Nissa (which comes out before this card usually), most decks have 5 or less legends in their 75

OnPoint

People got used to the MM3 spoilers that started with fetchlands and continued to get better, and now Amonkhet seems like a bad set to them.

lol no? They usually start off spoiler season in a splashy way. Either through a cool card reveal or an unexpected leak. Honestly nothing shown yet has been all that exciting. It could easily turn around with the right reveals.

that gotta be abusable in some way. It's also the kind of mana dork they should always make at 2 mana.

Can't help it, aftermath cards just look fake to me. Won't look any better to me in paper.

red13th

Uncommon legendary cards is cool too, very Kamigawa-ish. Looks like there's a small Legendary-matters subtheme.

I'm legit not sure what to make of everything at the moment. It appears to really be bringing back the push of -1/-1 counters as a weird sort of currency along with...I'm not sure. More waiting, it seems.

DrArchon

Yo, that mana dork is alright. I love any dork that I can draw late game and not feel terrible about it. And bonus points for being a dork that still avoids being obsolete in the late game even if you play it early.

Honestly, almost all of these are really cool cards, the only exceptions being the monuments.

essence scatter doesn't hit vehicles. Kaladesh really just needed a 1U Counter target creature or vehicle spell. Creatures and vehicles get lumped together on many kinds of spells throughout KLD and AER anyways.
But now that ship has sailed.

I'm really disliking the art direction on this set. All the cards look off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom