• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

Just got an email about this week's eshop downloads for Europe.

Wii U
- Marvels Avengers: Kampf um die Erde (Preis: 49,99 Euro)
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Preis bis 07.02.: 6,99 Euro statt 9,99 Euro)
- The Cave (Preis: 12,99 Euro)
- The Cave (free Demoversion)
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (free Demoversion)

Nintendo 3DS
- PICROSS e2 (Preis: 4,99 Euro)
- 35 Junior Games (Preis: 4,99 Euro)
- Snowboard Xtreme (Preis: 1,99 Euro)
- Nintendo präsentiert: New Style Boutique (free Update)

Nintendo DSi
- Snowboard Xtreme (Preis: 200 Nintendo Points)

Wii
- Babel Rising (Preis: 500 Wii Points)
Hells yes to The Cave, will be all over that, might even pick up Mighty Switch Force HD at the lower price as well.

They don't, I have Mario Kart retail and digitally, save data doesn't carry over and you need to replay everything all over again.
He's asking about the save data transfer tool, which we currently know nothing about except it's releasing in "early 2013" and should allow you to move save files from card to digital. I have a couple games I've been waiting to rebuy digital because of it too.

also

Banned
Just a heads up for those that bought the eShop version of VLR. There's a post registration survey available; click on the banner in the ''Club Nintendo'' section.

*release list*

Source is my page if you want to click.
Yes! Picross e2 will be mine. Now, if only we could get more VC releases.

Why doesn't the Game Boy emulator have Super Game Boy support. *grumble*
Yeah, this is sonething that's really a bit ridiculous. Or at the very least GBC palette support for DMG titles (and vice versa for criss compatible GBC stuff) if Nintendo's so insistent on preserving the handheld experience.

Didn't M2 work out GG link cable support for Columns too?

also

Banned
Yeah, this is sonething that's really a bit ridiculous. Or at the very least GBC palette support for DMG titles (and vice versa for criss compatible GBC stuff) if Nintendo's so insistent on preserving the handheld experience.

Didn't M2 work out GG link cable support for Columns too?

*googles* They did. M2 really are emulation wizards.
Come on, Nintendo! Step it up!

Wii U
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Preis bis 07.02.: 6,99 Euro statt 9,99 Euro)
- The Cave (Preis: 12,99 Euro)

Nintendo 3DS
- PICROSS e2 (Preis: 4,99 Euro)
For me. Good week, strange that the Sonic demo was already live last week.

oatmeal

Banned
One thing I've noticed is that the US eShop is getting organized a little better.

Has headers for things like DLC and DEMOS now which is nice.

I like that there seems to always be deals, too.

It would be great if that extended to retail releases on there.

In select stores.

Hope you get it this Thursday :). I would gladly have given you my demo copy since I've been too consumed by Trine 2 and Majora's Mask on Wii VC to even think about playing it. Um, that's probably not helping is it? :/

Oh look there's lots of snow outside! Harken yet, what is that sound? Oh that would be the sound of dripping into a bucket from the leak in the ceiling :/.

In select stores.
Ah I see. Thanks for the info. Enjoy then fellow Europeans, I thought it was very good. Will definitely pick up once it drops in price (pretty insane that it has pretty much retained its price seeing that it is a Sega game).

Qurupeke

So, should I buy The Cave or Trine 2? (Or something else?)

I will buy Wii U probably this week, but I originally planned to buy it at the launch. Now, there are many great games on the eShop, but I am not sure which one should I buy. I was also thinking about Little Inferno, but I've heard that it's kinda short. I don't really know The Cave really well, but I know that it must be really good. Trine 2 is the game I've heard the most. It seems spectacular and it has online. But I'm thinking of waiting a bit more before I buy that.

Tenki

So, should I buy The Cave or Trine 2? (Or something else?)

I will buy Wii U probably this week, but I originally planned to buy it at the launch. Now, there are many great games on the eShop, but I am not sure which one should I buy. I was also thinking about Little Inferno, but I've heard that it's kinda short. I don't really know The Cave really well, but I know that it must be really good. Trine 2 is the game I've heard the most. It seems spectacular and it has online. But I'm thinking of waiting a bit more before I buy that.

Trine 2 is awesome, so I recommend you to buy it.

That's why he's asking about the save data transfer tool.

He's asking about the save data transfer tool, which we currently know nothing about except it's releasing in "early 2013" and should allow you to move save files from card to digital. I have a couple games I've been waiting to rebuy digital because of it too.
My bad, didn't know something like that was coming out :(

*googles* They did. M2 really are emulation wizards.
Come on, Nintendo! Step it up!
So it can be done if they want to. They'll need to figure something out if they want to get the Zelda Oracle games working properly when those come out.

Roto13

So it can be done if they want to. They'll need to figure something out if they want to get the Zelda Oracle games working properly when those come out.

Not really. You can use passwords for the Oracles games. And linking two games on the same system is different from linking two games on different systems anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's a joke that the US still hasn't got the newer Picross games. They can't give us Picross 3D and then forget about the series. They'll show up eventually right?

javac

Trine 2 is awesome, so I recommend you to buy it.

I wanna get Trine 2 but I missed the sale :( I don't feel right paying for it now when I could have got it cheaper. Horrible attitude I know :(

Also, should I pick up Picross? Never played a game in the series.

also

Banned
Now that I think about, there were also some Wii VC games with online play.
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers Genesis version
[URL="http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/02/10/puyo-puyo-comes-to-wii-virtual-console-with-online-play.htm"]Puyo Puyo arcade version

[/URL]Sega (or should I say M2?) does what Nintendon't.
Not really. You can use passwords for the Oracles games. And linking two games on the same system is different from linking two games on different systems anyway.
Are you sure? Aren't there some rings for which you need to be connected by a link cable? I played it a while ago and I remember some snake in a pot talking about how I need to connect with my friend on the other side...
So I just noticed there's an update for virtue's last reward on UK e-shop. Any idea what's in it?
Just an update to the manual but it will make you download the whole game again. Just skip it.

I wish they would figure something out though, because right now I'll never be able to have a "full" gallery in Game & Watch Gallery 2 and when (or if) Metroid Zero Mission is released, we won't be able to unlock the Japanese Metroid Fusion ending gallery.

Roto13

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Discounts

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft | €49.99 | £39.99) Upcoming (01/24)
  • The Cave (DoubleFine Productions | €12.99 | £9.99) Upcoming (01/24)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• 35 Junior Games (cerasus.media | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (01/24)
  • Picross e2 (Jupiter | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (01/24)

Wii | WiiWare

• Babel Rising (Lexis Numérique | 500 Points) Upcoming (01/24)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Snowboard Xtreme (EnjoyUp Games | 200 Points | €1.99 | £1.79) Upcoming (01/24)

Where the fuck is my Zen Pinball! 2? :(

NoE stealthily delayed it to the 31st.

VanWinkle

I'm so disappointed and frustrated after reading that one guy's thread about how hard it is to download your games to a different system, since it doesn't have a proper account system. I'm new to the digital scene with Nintendo, and I'm used to the incredibly intuitive PS3/Vita. It makes me never want to buy anything digitally on the Wii U because I don't want to have to go through such a hassle if I were to sell the system and buy it later again, or have the system break from accidental handling or something. Just fratrating. :(

Unicorn

Possibly not online, but I'm fairly certain it has leaderboards within the game that are external to launching the games themselves. In the event that I'm still wrong, substitute achievements for leaderboards, because there's no difference in terms of how you implement them.

I would argue that posting a photo of your console and asking random people on the internet "have you beaten my score?" is the true inelegant solution!

It's the only option available to me :(

zroid

Banned
I could be wrong, but I think only retail releases go live at midnight; eShop games go live at 9AM PST or whatever. That's how it goes on 3DS, at least.

Hmm, I thought that only applied to games released in the Thursday updates. But as far as I know this is the first example of a non-Thursday release download-only game on either eShop. Could go either way, I guess!

Top Bottom