• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MotorStorm pics!!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
2004006052401246828_rs.jpg

2004031617688168231_rs.jpg

2002518065264366553_rs.jpg

2002559272236658699_rs.jpg

2004080756425844409_fs.jpg

2004029746796370689_fs.jpg
'

Damnit come on TGS. HURRY UP!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY SHIT!

PIC#3 = Destructive to the max!
LAST PIC = Open enviroments!

Motorstorm and MGS4 at the moment. COME ON TGS!!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
These look like the site shrunk them from the normal size Sony would have sent them out at...anyone have them in the original size? Jim? :)

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Each time I see this game it just keeps looking better and better. I'm sure we'll see more flaws at higher res but it's still looking pretty amazing. Rock textures has improved a lot IMO, and the metal feels a lot more like metal. The damage normal maps seem improved as well and in these screenshots the motionblur feels like it fit, the way we're used to seeing it in pre-rendered animations.

llTll

Banned
Seiken said:
HOLY SHIT!

PIC#3 = Destructive to the max!
LAST PIC = Open enviroments!

Motorstorm and MGS4 at the moment. COME ON TGS!!
# 3 yeah looks nice
last pic = if you fail down, they will put you up again [ or game over ]. its not open enviroment where you think you can go up again

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ajax said:
Looks grea. On the other hand screens are too small to really tell.
It's kinda funny, but the resolution of those pics is 640x360. That's not much lower than the common resolution of 640x448 and 640x480 that filled last gen games. :p

jjasper

llTll said:
# 3 yeah looks nice
last pic = if you fail down, they will put you up again [ or game over ]. its not open enviroment where you think you can go up again

You know this how? Not saying I don't believe you just thought I remembered them saying it was open, free roaming.

I can imagine hating and loving this game at the same time.

"Wow that's incredible! Ugh gotta restart the race."
And yeah if falling off = game over I'm totally passing on this one. I've had enough of that crap in the F-Zero series.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
llTll said:
# 3 yeah looks nicelast pic = if you fail down, they will put you up again [ or game over ]. its not open enviroment where you think you can go up again
That may be true, but it's not as closed as many may think. I remember them saying that it'll be very open in some stages. We'll have to wait and see!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dark10x said:
It's kinda funny, but the resolution of those pics is 640x360. That's not much lower than the common resolution of 640x448 and 640x480 that filled last gen games. :p
Yeah, this is kinda what people with standard def TVs will be seeing really, when they switch the game to widescreen mode. 720p pictures, downsampled to this kind or resolution.

Jim

kaching said:
These look like the site shrunk them from the normal size Sony would have sent them out at...anyone have them in the original size? Jim? :)

Hah.. not on any US/EU press sites that I've seen, yet. Probably from the Japanese TGS press kit.

llTll

Banned
jjasper said:
You know this how? Not saying I don't believe you just thought I remembered them saying it was open, free roaming.

oh dont get me wrong. the game might have free roaming. but usually, in a race mode or tournament mode. when you falll down, they automaticly put you up again or you un-qualified whats so ever.
maybe the open roaming is something else. like smugglers run on ps2 or something like that

Yoshichan

PepsimanVsJoe said:

I can imagine hating and loving this game at the same time.

"Wow that's incredible! Ugh gotta restart the race."
And yeah if falling off = game over I'm totally passing on this one. I've had enough of that crap in the F-Zero series.

It won't necessary have to be "game over". Motorstorm is multiplayer too - you'll only spawn where you dropped of. That's what I think.

najballe

i do like a lot the upcoming games on ps3 but my fingers tell me motorstorm not gonna live up expectation.....big frame rate probems or bad aliasing ...i don t know but i don't feel it well......

Yoshichan

najballe said:
i do like a lot the upcoming games on ps3 but my fingers tell me motorstorm not gonna live up expectation.....big frame rate probems or bad aliasing ...i don t know but i don't feel it well......
That's the exact opposite of what I'm feeling!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
najballe said:
The framerate has been perfectly fine in preview builds and I doubt bad aliasing is going to be a huge issue. Even without any AA, a 720p game is still going to look reasonably clean. MS uses heavy motion blur, however, which will certainly help.

Those are two issues I don't think you have to worry about. The concern at this point should be aimed at the gameplay.

Is it amazing how far the graphics have come. Rainbow Studios needs to make a sipirtual successor to Motocross Madness using the PS3's tilt controller and MotorStorm's engine.

Striek

I'm glad the mountains are no longer this icky flat textured red-spotted thing and now looks like craggy rocks.

Its strange before these pics I didn't even realise the game had any lighting as such. In itself that looks good.

Ajax

Banned
dark10x said:

Yeah, but you can't judge next-gen games with last gen criteria. ;)

jjasper

Striek said:
I'm glad the mountains are no longer this icky flat textured red-spotted thing and now looks like craggy rocks.

Its strange before these pics I didn't even realise the game had any lighting as such. In itself that looks good.
Don't know why but made me think of this

AgroCrag.jpg

PS: I really want this game, please make launch Resistance + Motorstrom= launch greatness

Yoshichan

Orobi said:
First
npNqCa8OPP.jpg

Now
2004029746796370689_fs.jpg

This game is going better and better :D
Come on, we need bigger screenshots! Like these:

ms25.jpg

MStorm_09.jpg

MStorm_07.jpg

MStorm_10.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
These pics don't reconcile with the videos that I saw... not sure those videos are pretty old at this point, but well... hell are there new videos that look like these pics?

Top Bottom