• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Browns Coach Hue Jackson doesn't want protests, Shannon Sharpe takes exception

LionPride

Banned
So with...the landscape of the NFL and it's owners and some fans in regards to one Colin Kaepernick and his protests as well as the protests Michael Bennett and Marshawn Lynch sitting during the anthem, Browns coach, Hue Jackson stated he doesn't want any protestors on his team.

As Hue is a black man, a rarity in the coaching world of football, NFL HoFer Shannon Sharpe, took exceptional issue with his statement

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShadowLeagueTSL/status/897476588673146884/video/1

Sharpe has been known in the past for stating he doesn't fuck with a coworker who was spewing false facts about crime in relation to Kaepernick's protests.

Volimar

That's the CLEVELAND Browns head coach. Think about that for a second. All the racism, all the police abuse that has been in the news in that area. What a twat.

cdyhybrid

Hue Jackson putting his opinion on anthem protests into the air:

IWJ6Qqb.gif

entremet

America's gotta accept that their comfortable diversions will be affected as people fight for justice however they choose to.

Yeah a bunch of people embarrassing themselves, was so sad to see Tim Brown join the party.

“I understand these guys man, they’re trying to make statements and they’re trying to be a part of this world but football is where people go to get away from that stuff.”

Yeah a bunch of people embarrassing themselves, was so sad to see Tim Brown join the party.

Fucking idiots. All of them. Do these morons not realize Muhammad Ali existed? John Carlos and Tommie Smith? Would dumb ass Tim Brown have told them to just shut up and play too? For fucks sake the greatest player in the history of the Browns miserable existence was Jim fucking Brown, one of the most outspoken players of all time.

andthebeatgoeson

Shannon Sharpe becoming a great voice in black America was not on my 'expected' list of things.

Skip Bayless' transformation was not on there. And i would sacrifice them both to get rid of Trump and go back to the old timeline.

LionPride

Banned
Shannon Sharpe becoming a great voice in black America was not on my 'expected' list of things.

Skip Bayless' transformation was not on there. And i would sacrifice them both to get rid of Trump and go back to the old timeline.
The only thing Skip's a dumbass about is Hot Takes, Tebow, and LeBron

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I mean I'm not surprised.

I think most coaches would rather nothing happen and just stick to sports.

You don't fucking say that out loud though.

I also wonder if going about it this way makes it worse. Might be better at this juncture to get out ahead of things say something that your against all of the racist bullshit going on, and do that during the preseason. Then you could get by saying you addressed shit already when the season starts.

Hue too dumb to reason that out though.

Granted it would be nice if organizations both coaches, as well as ownership/management took up the cause of injustice in America, but I know that's not gonna happen with most teams.

Zee-Row

Banned
I've been looking at Tony Dungy's Twitter and he keeps saying that Kaep's talent is keeping him from getting signed and not his kneeling. I have a feeling that Tony Dungy is not one that would stick up for his own people.

Mick Vick
Tim Brown
Kordell Stewart
Hue

Sigh

That's what complete assimilation in a White supremacist society does. Being Black and attaching yourself to Black issues can be a burden that some Blacks just ain't built to carry especially in comfortable mainstream surroundings.

LionPride

Banned
This is the weirdest timeline where I agree with Shannon, if only Skip would go away.
Skip's smart

Anytime race issues or some shit pops off, he's been letting Shannon cook while he feeds him bits

Sometimes sayin his own opinion, but the man is smart

Top Bottom