• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

g-sync v 144hz help me

144hz blows Gsync away. To be honest, when you are running over 100fps, or have a 144hz monitor, I find that's it's far less likely you will ever notice tearing.

I should say though, while the 1060 is a great card, you may have trouble hitting over 100fps at 1080p on most AAA titles unless you dial back the settings. Also, if you are CPU limited, as in, if you have an older AMD CPU, or anything less than an i7-4790 CPU, you may also have trouble reaching over 100fps due to CPU bottlenecking.

So if I upgrade my gtx 770 to 1060 you're sure it'll bottleneck my i5 4690k at default?
I thought 4690k would do me fine in at least another 3-4 years, considering the oc later on..

inner-G

Banned
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502

I have this 1440p/g sync and absolutely love it. It can be had for under $500 pretty often. That said you might have trouble getting to 120fps+ with a 1060.
I can also vouch for this, it's what I have.

Fucking amazing experience for PC gaming. Don't pay more than $499-549 though, and I had to return the first one because of a dead pixel (I'd always recommend buying a monitor locally if you can so you won't have to wait or pay shipping if you need to do an exchange)

Alot of people here are underestimating 1060s. They are in-between 970 and 980, they can easily run most games at high settings at over 120 fps if your cpu can handle it.

For me since I play competitive shooters I'd want the high refresh rate monitor over the gsync. If your focus is in the best possible image quality go with gsync.

Top Bottom