• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare: Dragon Age 3 "looks stunningly beautiful", "people won't be disappointed"

Vamphuntr

If i remember right, she is pregnant with a kid no matter what. So it's not a choice anymore, it's a viable plot point.

You could kill yourself instead by killing the archdemon by yourself without doing her ritual, she isn't pregnant all the time.

Patryn

I guess your right. It has been 2 years. It's not getting DA 1 time but it's not a new IP either. I honestly hope it turns out well but I won't be holding my breath.

I can't exactly say why, but I'm still pegging this for a November release. I really think EA wants this to launch alongside the new consoles.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I guess your right. It has been 2 years. It's not getting DA 1 time but it's not a new IP either. I honestly hope it turns out well but I won't be holding my breath.

I find it interesting to compare the dev cycles of DAO versus DA2. One clearly looks and feels like a game that was developed for a bit too long and the other totally feels like a game that was developed too quickly.

I really hope that BioWare can find their stride again with DA3, but it's going to take a hell of a lot to get me really excited and pumped for this game.

Vamphuntr

Ah, that's right. Well we can just retconn that right?

They somewhat did in DA Awakening by having you alive even if you "died" but in the Witch Hunt DLC she will basically tell you that you rejected her and her plan and that you somehow found a way to survive anyway so...

diamount

Banned
I find it interesting to compare the dev cycles of DAO versus DA2. One clearly looks and feels like a game that was developed for a bit too long and the other totally feels like a game that was developed too quickly.

I really hope that BioWare can find their stride again with DA3, but it's going to take a hell of a lot to get me really excited and pumped for this game.

Most of DA:O's initial development was building the world and writing the story.

I'll give a shit when choices begin to matter in bioware games. Bioware and Blizzard are at the top of my shit list when it comes to consumer confidence.

Rubius

You could kill yourself instead by killing the archdemon by yourself without doing her ritual, she isn't pregnant all the time.

She is, she just fuck Alistair instead of you if you dont want her.
Also, the DLC show that she gave birth.
I guess the baby will be the Hero of 3 or 4. "Dragon age 4 : Darkspawn Born"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did we know about the RTS mechanic? I don't think I did.

It would seem EA put a lid on the RTS elements, too, just as Vivendi/Activision did -- they're certainly not seen in the game's E3 2009 trailer nor its launch window TV spot.

Doesn't sound like you actively researched it. This is the first thing divulged in interviews.

But, as linked above, Vivendi/Acti specifically put a gag on any mentions of the game featuring RTS elements, and I didn't come across any during the EA era and prior to the game's release that explained them, either.

I'm guessing it will be released for both current generation and next generation consoles.

Considering the compromises that would need to be made to make that happen, I would take that as a bad sign. I don't think you can make a truly ambitious new generation game if you know it needs to be down ported to the previous gen hardware. Who knows though. There was a PS2 version of Just Cause. :p

Patryn

It doesn't matter. The epilogue say's she is pregnant regardless if you did the ritual or not.

I believe you only get that line if you sleep with her in the game, but not during the ritual.

For instance, if you're playing a female warden and you didn't do the ritual... how would she still be pregnant?

Vamphuntr

She is, she just fuck Alistair instead of you if you dont want her.
Also, the DLC show that she gave birth.
I guess the baby will be the Hero of 3 or 4. "Dragon age 4 : Darkspawn Born"

You can still refuse to have her fuck Alistair or Logan and the Witch Hunt DLC will mention that she couldn't have her child god thing. You can also kill her then, which I did so...

Lancehead

I believe you only get that line if you sleep with her in the game, but not during the ritual.

For instance, if you're playing a female warden and you didn't do the ritual... how would she still be pregnant?

They'll probably just say she slept with Alistair in secret.

diamount

Banned

Who knows, slept around probably.

Trigger

You can still refuse to have her fuck Alistair or Logan and the Witch Hunt DLC will mention that she couldn't have her child god thing. You can also kill her then, which I did so...

If only the writing team cared about continuity. I'm pretty sure my evil Warden decapitated Leliana and Cullen was a madman in Origins.

Dylan

It just occurred to me that I'm sitting here hoping that DA3 will be much more like DA1, when looking back, I actually hated a good portion of my DA1 playthrough. It had a lot of problems that tend to get overlooked in the wake of the DA2 catastrophe.

I guess what I'm saying is.. I just... I .... I don't know what to think.

*Plays Persona 3*

diamount

Banned
But, as linked above, Vivendi/Acti specifically put a gag on any mentions of the game featuring RTS elements.

That article you linked makes no mention of EA trying to censor it being/having RTS mechanics. Only their previous agreement with Vivendi.

Also in this artcle dated October 2009, there is mention of the game starting as an RTS but saying that was not the direction they wanted to take.

http://kotaku.com/5382233/tim-schafer-explains-how-to-play-brutal-legend

Lancehead

It just occurred to me that I'm sitting here hoping that DA3 will be much more like DA1, when looking back, I actually hated a good portion of my DA1 playthrough. It had a lot of problems that tend to get overlooked in the wake of the DA2 catastrophe.

I guess what I'm saying is.. I just... I .... I don't know what to think.

*Plays Persona 3*

It was never more than poor man's Baldur's Gate.

Rubius

Well you are a horrible human being for killing a Tsundere Necromancer Animorphe.
I also like how she only wear a bra, if she's naked. She have the total Lulu style until she's totally naked, where she wear a beige bra. She put clothes on, so she can be naked.
Hilarious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That article you linked makes no mention of EA trying to censor it being/having RTS mechanics. Only their previous agreement with Vivendi.

Also in this artcle dated October 2009, there is mention of the game starting as an RTS but saying that was not the direction they wanted to take.

http://kotaku.com/5382233/tim-schafer-explains-how-to-play-brutal-legend

The game released in October 2009 (Edit: October 13th in the US, so prior to that article), and I linked to two EA trailers above that don't show the RTS mechanic.

diamount

Banned
Now I'm quite certain that line about her being pregnant anyways only is there if you slept with her earlier in the game.

Ah yes, you're correct. I decided to look on the DAO epilogue page on it's wiki, and it says this:

EPILOGUE said:
Morrigan is last seen traveling west through the Frostback Mountains, possibly heavy with child (if you completed the dark ritual or had at least one sexual encounter with her).

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Well, at the least, the graphics just from Origins to DA2 was pretty significant... considering how poor Origins looked on consoles. So I'm sure DA3 will look great, given the trend!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I was crazy enough to draw a good bit of enjoyment from Dragon Age 2, despite it's flaws. It was a far cry Origins, but the combat was pretty cool to me. Enough to get me to finish the game, at least.

I'm cautiously optimistic about DA3, but I'd like to hear them flat out say that part 3 will be going back to an Origins type of experience.

Top Bottom