• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie: "more to be announced" for Switch 2017 lineup

Obviously not confirmation but I noticed that same thing. I really think everyone at Nintendo is treating those as 2018 games in their heads, which certainly suggests they've been in the works long enough to realistically make it then.

Exactly, I'd say the best way to think of it is even if there's no formal release date yet, I don't think it's unbelievable to say they're internally hoping MP4 can make it out by next year.

PetrCobra

I don't expect any more big titles this year. It's the first year. Switch already has an insane amount of great titles for a first year (the only area where it lacks severely is the usual army of multiplatform filler). Anything that's left to be announced for 2017 is going to be something small and niche and generally not worth building any sort of hype for, at least in Nintendo's opinion.

When is their next financial meeting?

Their general meeting of shareholders is June 29. There isn't usually a presentation there, but there will be a Q&A, which assuredly won't announce any specific new titles but might at least explicitly confirm whether or not there are unannounced first-party retail releases coming this calendar year.

Their Q1 financial results are released July 26, but there's almost never a presentation or Q&A for that, as that's the only quarter not tied to any financial milestone. (The last exception was in 2011, as that's when the emergency post-launch 3DS price cut was announced.)

In any case, we'll probably have to wait for the next Direct for more concrete news.

mas8705

Reading all the responses and I'm sitting at my computer thinking: "No one is going to dare mention anything related to Monster Hunter?"

Bare in mind, that I'm planning on getting World on Xbox One when it comes out next year, so this isn't grieving over a lack of an announcement at E3 this year. The thing though is with the announcement of no MHXX to be made "At this time," that could mean that before we do reach the end of the year, we could get an announcement. If anything else, I'd like to think that if the Switch isn't going to get World, at least MHXX would be a good consolation (not to mention it is hunting anywhere you go which is what people have been hoping for since the Switch first got announced).

We'll see what happens, but chances are we might not see it this year (unless between August 25th to the end of the year, Nintendo of America decided to pull a fast one on us).

J@hranimo

Banned
Yeah, there was so little Switch indie news at E3... I definitely expect more.

Third party support was light as well, but I doubt that that's what Reggie is referring to fixing.

It's not insane to expect some sort of VC announcement some day either.

I was surprised at the lack of indie announcements and release date confirmations too really. AAA third party support is unsurprising and will probably take a long while if any come over to the system.

Shiggy

Reading all the responses and I'm sitting at my computer thinking: "No one is going to dare mention anything related to Monster Hunter?"

Bare in mind, that I'm planning on getting World on Xbox One when it comes out next year, so this isn't grieving over a lack of an announcement at E3 this year. The thing though is with the announcement of no MHXX to be made "At this time," that could mean that before we do reach the end of the year, we could get an announcement. If anything else, I'd like to think that if the Switch isn't going to get World, at least MHXX would be a good consolation (not to mention it is hunting anywhere you go which is what people have been hoping for since the Switch first got announced).

We'll see what happens, but chances are we might not see it this year (unless between August 25th to the end of the year, Nintendo of America decided to pull a fast one on us).

We had a user with Capcom insights (who also revealed details about MH Worlds before the unveiling) say that it's not coming over. However, he also said that a brand-new MH for Switch is in development.

bman94

Not sure why everyone wants a port of Smash- that game came out nearly three years ago, so I'd rather Nintendo just developed a new game and released it at Christmas 2018 or something.

Lol if you think a brand new Smash game would be out by Christmas 2018. Smash was supported with DLC up until early 2016 with large amounts of its content spread over two consoles with a gigantic roster. Nintendo's not going to drop all that especially when Smash 4 on Wii U sold like crap because lack of install base. Unless they use the majority of Smash 4 as a base for Smash 5 I don't see a new Smash game coming until 2019 at the very earliest and I'm more inclined to believe 2020.

oti

Banned
Not sure why everyone wants a port of Smash- that game came out nearly three years ago, so I'd rather Nintendo just developed a new game and released it at Christmas 2018 or something.

I just can't really imagine a new Smash being that different compared to 4. Just add stages and characters, maybe even new modes.

Plus, I want Sakurai to work on something other than Smash.

F ZERO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it would be awesome if for some reason they produced a new Gyromite with the same, but updated soundtrack.

Neiteio

It's obviously a hint at Mother 3. He said "more to come," so if you drop the "re to come" and add "ther 3," you get... :-O

KingBroly

Banned
I've been saying it since before E3 when Nintendo made that Nintendo Versus twitter account. My prediction is that they'll announce Smash Switch (or Deluxe) at EVO this year, for a November release.

I would go bananas if they announce a BangaiO game. But almost any treasure game would be awesome.

Bangai-O would be very cool. Sin & Punishment 3 would be very cool. Starfox game developed by them would be very cool. Mischief Makers 2 would be very, very cool. An exciting new IP from them would be a miracle. But seriously, any game from them would make me smile, I miss them and their fun games.

jts

...hate me...
Animal Crossing mobile app is supposed to release this FY. Although of course that can mean up to March 2018, and honestly see it happening only by then.

I think it will release pretty simultaneously with the tandem game on Switch though. Can't wait.

Top Bottom