• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truly Weird Stuff Showing Up in Steam Database (Halo, KOF13, other unlikely stuff)

Eideka

Banned
They would likely use the reaction to the Halo trilogy being released to decide whether or not to bring over ODST, Reach, and eventually 4, and possibly release future installments on PC alongside the next-gen console versions.

Do they really need to release those Halo on Steam to know that Halo 4 would sell gangbusters on PC ?
That's obvious.

But instead of giving us Gears 2/3 or Halo 4 they opt for Halo 3.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
La Mulana was greenlit a little while ago. That one's not weird at all.

KissVibes

Banned
That's obviously fake, no way Halo 2/3 will release on Steam.

How can anyone fall for this ?

You do know that Microsoft has been selling their games on steam and selling them on sites like Amazon with steam keys, right? Microsoft gives no fucks about selling on Steam because they can still get you to use Xbox Live on PC.

Eideka

Banned
You do know that Microsoft has been selling their games on steam and selling them on sites like Amazon with steam keys, right? Microsoft gives no fucks about selling on Steam because they can still get you to use Xbox Live on PC.

I did not know this. I'm not sure Halo 3 GFWL would sell well on PC, even advertised on Steam.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
halo 3 has a community page so i guess weird things are happening ?

Dizzy-4U

I hope KOFXIII gets a decent netcode. None of my friends want to play and online is my only option.

Also Halo 3, I can play co-op with Fersis! He'll be so happy!

Glass Rebel

As mentioned in this thread, Microsoft is phasing GFWL out. Mark of the Ninja and Deadlight don't use GFWL.

Edit: ah, misread. Isn't XBOX Live Win 8 only though?

scitek

Do they really need to release those Halo on Steam to know that Halo 4 would sell gangbusters on PC ?
That's obvious.

But instead of giving us Gears 2/3 or Halo 4 they opt for Halo 3.

What would it hurt to put them there, though? Especially with the first two on PC already, it's practically free money.

I'd kill for Gears 2 and 3, too, but that's probably up to whether or not Epic wants to port it.

Eideka

Banned
Gears 3 has a community page on Steam , what is this supposed to mean ?
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gearsthethird

Besides, if the game bas been added in 2012....Those who hope for a PC version will have to wait.

What would it hurt to put them there, though? Especially with the first two on PC already, it's practically free money.
I'd kill for Gears 2 and 3, too, but that's probably up to whether or not Epic wants to port it.
That would be free money for Epic as well, a quick port would sell.

Eideka

Banned
... really? you're just going to keep digging? You don't want to go back to "PC ports don't make sense" or "Someone hacked Steam"?

Let's be clear, ports of "old" games don't make much sense in my opinion. The ship has sailed.

There are (IMO) more interesting options for MS if they want to make some money on PC.
*cough*Gears of War 2/3*cough*

Isn't that a group page, not a community page?
Mea maxima culpa.

MRORANGE

There is a thread on the steam forums about Halo 3 on Steam, seems like it has not been locked and it's been going on for a while.

Eideka

Banned
Making Halo 3 Win8 exclusive and putting it on Steam doesn't sound as outlandish coming from MS.

That would be absolutely retarted. Old game + force upgrade to W8 = failure.

Truth be told the only exclusive that could make me jump to W8 would be RDR or Gears 3.

Haunted

I'm more dismayed at the lack of Spelunky in the registry. I'd assumed it would come sooner rather than later based on Yu's thinly veiled comments.

Maybe he's just better than Fish keeping his mouth shut until the exclusivity period is up.

Jeez. Is this what Steam Community pages are normally like?
No. You're looking basically at an empty page, there are only comments.

This is what a community page with content looks like.

edit: if you're talking about people's stupidity, that's across the board, yes. People are stupid. Even on Steam.

Rapstah

What's the deal with Yogventures? I know it's a Kickstarted game that got through Greenlight, but do games that are nowhere close to done typically show up in the registry like that?

Glass Rebel

That would be absolutely retarted. Old game + force upgrade to W8 = failure.

Truth be told the only exclusive that could make me jump to W8 would be RDR or Gears 3.

C'mon son, that was obviously a joke. They already tried it with Halo 2 and it failed.

ArjanN

La Mulana was greenlit a little while ago. That one's not weird at all.

Most of that list isn't really weird or surprising at all.

Fez, Dyad, Lococycle, Retro/Grade: pretty much everything on XBLA ends up coming to PC.

RE: Revelations and The Splatters PC version were already announced.

Halo 1 and 2 really aren't that surprising either considering stuff like Fable and Age of Empires 3 etc also came to Steam. Halo 3 is surprising because there wasn't already a PC port, but otherwise it's also old enough that they won't lose console sales. It doesn't really have any value as an console exclusive any more, so they might as well port it.

KOFXIII is a cool suprise and we didn't know about Quantum Canundrum 2 either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm more dismayed at the lack of Spelunky in the registry. I'd assumed it would come sooner rather than later based on Yu's thinly veiled comments.

Maybe he's just better than Fish keeping his mouth shut until the exclusivity period is up.

Fez + 6 months = October 2012. Fez added to registry end of October 2012
Spelunky + 6 months = January 2013.

So it's not like we're talking about a major gap here. Also, depending on how Valve set up the Greenlight stuff, Spelunky might need to be greenlit and it's possible that Fez didn't based on prior arrangements.

And then you might have a counter-example like The Splatters, which didn't go through Greenlight, however they're being funded by Indie Fund, who previously funded Antichamber (on Steam, not Greenlit), Dear Esther, QUBE, Monaco (coming to Steam, not going through Greenlight) so...

Haunted

So it's not like we're talking about a major gap here. Also, depending on how Valve set up the Greenlight stuff, Spelunky might need to be greenlit and it's possible that Fez didn't based on prior arrangements.
fingers crossed!

Spelunky having to go through Greenlight would be some bullshit. There are still ways to get on Steam without it, I assume Yu has the right connections and pedigree to do so.

edit: saw your edit, we're thinking among the same lines. :D

wutwutwut

And then you might have a counter-example like The Splatters, which didn't go through Greenlight, however they're being funded by Indie Fund, who previously funded Antichamber (on Steam, not Greenlit), Dear Esther, QUBE, Monaco (coming to Steam, not going through Greenlight) so...
I think anything that gets nominated for an IGF award gets to go on Steam.

Top Bottom