• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgun

If it makes you feel any better: I have been signed up since day 1 of opt-in (plus doing the opt-in redo when they made that blue post requesting people do so), I have a fantastic computer, I have every game that can be registered to a B.net account (except WoW expansions), and I am not in the beta...

Whereas I only have an inactive WoW account (over a year inactive) and StarCraft 2 on my account, haven't played SC2 since the first week of it's release.

Downloading now. I hope it still works when the download is finished. I want to see Diablo 3 in person so bad :(

And if not, at least I'll have the client I guess.

If it makes you feel any better: I have been signed up since day 1 of opt-in (plus doing the opt-in redo when they made that blue post requesting people do so), I have a fantastic computer, I have every game that can be registered to a B.net account (except WoW expansions), and I am not in the beta...

But do you have the game pre-ordered? I think that may have something to do with getting in the beta or not.

MKAllDay

But do you have the game pre-ordered? I think that may have something to do with getting in the beta or not.

Preordered Collectors Edition day 1.

Granted that doesn't show up in my Battle.net account. But regardless people have been getting in the beta long before the digital preorder was an option.

Aesthet1c

Just confirmed this works!

I'm not in the beta, but I just logged in!

Awesome!!!!

EDIT: Also, as a side note, I do have the annual pass and D3 linked to my account. Not sure if that is a factor.

sazzy

figured this deserved its own thread, so that more people know about it who don't have the beta yet.

credit to MKAllDay

valeo

Gonna download now - will take around 3-4 hours. Does anyone know if it works for people in Australia?

I will be shocked, however, if this isn't patched up by the time I get it up and running.

Ricker

Still torn between Wizard,Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor as my main...the poison dart might sway me into going WD as my main and a female DH as my alt...then it will be Wizard and in any order Barb and Monk.

Balehead

I actually really liked what I played, looks pretty damn good if you ask me and the sounds were fantastic. Voice acting didn't seem too over the top either, very fitting.

IceMarker

Sorry, forgot this was a Diablo 3 thread. Those textures were beautiful!
If you want uglier art style but (slightly) better technical effects head to the Path of Exile thread.

NqSTE.gif

Moaradin

If you want uglier art style but (slightly) better technical effects head to the Path of Exile thread.

NqSTE.gif

Path of Exile looks more like Diablo than this game lol.

Not sure why you are upset about me saying it looks ugly. The textures are bad and that's really not debatable. I never said the game was bad, just that it was ugly. I liked all the other stuff I got to play. UI was nice, killing zombies was satisfying, and the voice acting, while not particularly great, was a welcomed sight.

Raide

Not sure why you are upset about me saying it looks ugly. The textures are bad and that's really not debatable. I never said the game was bad, just that it was ugly. All the other stuff I liked what I played. UI was nice, killing zombies was satisfying, and the voice acting (while not particularly great), was a welcomed sight.

Yup, PoE looks like Diablo 2. Game plays fine but its time to move on from Diablo 2. I have already been playing that for 10 years. :D

Trickster

Does anyone know if there will be ladder characters and non ladder character in diablo 3, like there is in diablo 2? The game is gonna get boring as hell after a year if not. Everone would be rolling in the best of the best items by then. Ladder seasons did a great job of mitigating that, for those of us that wanted to keep the game fresh and challenging.

IceMarker

Does anyone know if there will be ladder characters and non ladder character in diablo 3, like there is in diablo 2? The game is gonna get boring as hell after a year if not. Everone would be rolling in the best of the best items by then. Ladder seasons did a great job of mitigating that, for those of us that wanted to keep the game fresh and challenging.

Ask yourself would they wipe characters for ladder seasons with people paying real cash for virtual items on said characters?

No, Beta is the closest we will ever get I think. I stand neutral on this issue.

Trickster

Ask yourself would they wipe characters for ladder seasons with people paying real cash for virtual items on said characters?

No, Beta is the closest we will ever get I think. I stand neutral on this issue.

They could just do what they did in diablo 2 and turn ladder characters into non ladder characters at the end of a season?

Moaradin

Nope.

And besides, Blizzard decides what Diablo is "supposed" to look like, not us. It's rather arrogant to say the game "should" look a certain way.

Path of Exile's Art style looks more like the previous Diablo games than Diablo 3 does. It looks better than Diablo 3 on a technical level as well. I never said anything about what Diablo 3 SHOULD look like. I'm just simply stating my observations of the game with the amount of time I got to play it. I don't hold any biased opinions towards either of the games. Both of them weren't on my radar a week ago.

ElyrionX

Good question. I have no idea how they are going to make this work with the RMAH. Unless they make the seasons last a predetermined period of time and announce it at the start of every season?

Aesthet1c

Path of Exile's Art style looks more like the previous Diablo games than Diablo 3 does. It looks better than Diablo 3 on a technical level as well. I never said anything about what Diablo 3 SHOULD look like. I'm just simply stating my observations of the game with the amount of time I got to play it.

Bump mapping does not make good graphics. That's all PoE has going for it. Outside of that, the graphics are atrocious, and the animations are laughable at best.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Not sure why you are upset about me saying it looks ugly. The textures are bad and that's really not debatable. I never said the game was bad, just that it was ugly. I liked all the other stuff I got to play. UI was nice, killing zombies was satisfying, and the voice acting, while not particularly great, was a welcomed sight.

Nobody is expecting D3 to push graphical boundaries. It's made to run on virtually anything, and it shows.
It's their artstyle that carries it.

I too think it looks a little outdated, but hell, it's not like people play these games for their graphics anyway.

IceMarker

They could just do what they did in diablo 2 and turn ladder characters into non ladder characters at the end of a season?

I wouldn't mind that either, I just wonder how touchy people would get with an RMAH now in the mix.

Bump mapping does not make good graphics. That's all PoE has going for it. Outside of that, the graphics are atrocious, and the animations are laughable at best.
Agreed.

Moaradin

Never said PoE was the best looking game, but it certainly is better looking than this LOL. Textures look straight out of a PS2 game.

I understand that most blizzard games are meant to run on most hardware. That is completely fine, but I was expecting more from the high graphic settings.

Boken

Banned
Path of Exile's Art style looks more like the previous Diablo games than Diablo 3 does. It looks better than Diablo 3 on a technical level as well. I never said anything about what Diablo 3 SHOULD look like. I'm just simply stating my observations of the game with the amount of time I got to play it. I don't hold any biased opinions towards either of the games. Both of them weren't on my radar a week ago.

Never said PoE was the best looking game, but it certainly is better looking than this LOL. Textures look straight out of a PS2 game.

I understand that most blizzard games are meant to run on most hardware. That is completely fine, but I was expecting more from the high graphic settings.

Sure PoE is impressive on a technical level, esp given the small team, but you cannot seriously argue that the art is good.

kvn

Why does one always feel obliged to apologize for his opinion in every freaking DIII thread?

Moaradin

Why does one always feel obliged to apologize for his opinion in every freaking DIII thread?

Because I just played Diablo 3 for the first time and I wanted to try and give my unbiased opinion on the game itself in the official Diablo 3 thread? I was mostly positive about the game, but I thought the graphics and art style were a flaw. Sorry if my one complaint doesn't fit your regularly scheduled circlejerk.

Because I just played Diablo 3 for the first time and I wanted to try and give my unbiased opinion on the game itself in the official Diablo 3 thread? I was mostly positive about the game, but I thought the graphics and art style were a flaw. Sorry if my one complaint doesn't fit your regularly scheduled circlejerk.

Actually, KVN seems to be defending you (in a way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom