• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PES6 X360 Screens

Next gen exclusive

proevolutionsoccer6_24.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_20.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_23.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_18.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_22.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_15.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_26.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_21.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_30.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_27.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_14.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_16.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_17.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_29.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_28.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_19.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_13.jpg

proevolutionsoccer6_25.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
1. PES ain't about graphics.

2. Exclusive until the end of this year; Konami producers talking to 1up emphatically stated that MS went ahead and misconstrued their agreement when announcing '12 month exclusivity'.

In otherwords, next gen PES won't be coming out for the PS3 within launch window.

thekad

Banned
Why do I think you wouldn't have posted these screens if they were actually good?

monkeymagic said:
X360 owns Europe this holiday season.

Yeah, it really does. FIFA 07 and PES6 will not be found on ANY other next-gen console, correct? That's pretty much what we call "ownage".

Yoboman

Zaptruder said:
1. PES ain't about graphics.
Does that give them a license to stay a generation behind?

I don't get the PES team, they've got a winning formula already, work on getting the graphics up to scratch. I'm sure Konami has the capabilities.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
It looks like crap, but who honestly thought otherwise? Its PES ffs.

The most important next gen things are Widescreen 720p and Im hoping they put some thought into the achievements.

Ghost said:
It looks like crap, but who honestly thought otherwise? Its PES ffs.

The most important next gen things are Widescreen 720p and Im hoping they put some thought into the achievements.

Too right keep your gfx as long as i have native 720p i dont really care what it looks like. Pes is gameplay i wonder how many people who are posting going on about gfx are americans who dont really understand what pes is all about.

Dante

Pes is gameplay i wonder how many people who are posting going on about gfx are americans who dont really understand what pes is all about.

Why not just buy the Ps2 version and save 10 bucks then? Maybe I am in the minority but I do think graphics are somewhat important in next gen, especially when the prices are higher on games.

black_13

Banned
wow, are you serious?

Something tells me Konami made it look so bad just so it wouldn't be as good now that it's time exclusive to 360.

thekad said:
Yeah, it really does. FIFA 07 and PES6 will not be found on ANY other next-gen console, correct? That's pretty much what we call "ownage".

Have you totally forgotten about current gen consoles, namely PS2 which it's userbase is more than quadtripple than any next gen consoles by the time this comes out? Why won't they just buy the PS2 version when it looks so damn similar to this verion!

Dante said:
Uh..... Please tell me that's a current gen port......PLease?
I wish I could...
But Seabass stated that it's already using their next-gen pes engine, and that there won't be a big difference in the next version for both 360 and ps3... =/

bluemax

Banned
It seriously doesn't look much better than the WE9 which I have on my PC, which I'm pretty sure is a straight up port of the PS2 version...

Dante

Erm live, 720p support, widescreen should i go on.

Yes please do, because I think you've covered every "upgrade" since as you said PES6 is all about "gameplay" and everything you mentoned above sans Live relates to graphics.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
bluemax said:
It seriously doesn't look much better than the WE9 which I have on my PC, which I'm pretty sure is a straight up port of the PS2 version...

You mean this?

928827_20060209_screen001.jpg

Or on PC i guess it looked more like this:

screenshots002.jpg

Its pretty easy to see the difference in quality, everything is so much cleaner (and brighter) on the 360.

For a port job, which is what it is, its fine imo.

supermackem said:
Erm live, 720p support, widescreen should i go on.

PC and PS2 versions are playabale against each other online with up to 8 players.

X360 version is 1 vs 1 against X360 players only.

HD sets are not prevalent in Europe.

You're looking at a $400 investment just to play the game in widescreen with inferior online.

Ghost said:
You mean this?

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/039/reviews/928827_20060209_screen001.jpg

Or on PC i guess it looked more like this:

http://www.typhoongames.com/us/games/winning_eleven_9/screenshots002.jpg

Its pretty easy to see the difference in quality, everything is so much cleaner (and brighter) on the 360.

For a port job, which is what it is, its fine imo.
As I wrote before, Seabass said in an interview that they are already using their next-gen engine, and that you shouldn't expect high jumps regarding the graphics in the next iteration.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
monkeymagic said:
PC and PS2 versions are playabale against each other online with up to 8 players.

X360 version is 1 vs 1 against X360 players only.

HD sets are not prevalent in Europe.

You're looking at a $400 investment just to play the game in widescreen with inferior online.

to Quote Yourself:

monkeymagic in another thread said:
Shouldn't you own an X360 before proclaiming the '$300' difference isn't worth it?

monkeymagic.jpg

Zabojnik

Ok, first off: judging next-gen graphics from screens (bad ones at that) only = not smart.

With that said, PES6 for the 360 actually doesn't look that bad. The 'new engine', as Seabass called it at GC (I was there when he said it), it's not a new engine at all. It's just a quick update. Pretty much everything (from stadium elements to grass) looks exactly like a high-res port of the old PS2 engine. There are some exceptions, tho. The players. They look really, really good. Not incredibly good (we're not talking NBA 2k7 here), but it doesn't even matter, because after 2 or 3 matches (I got to play like ten) all you really care about is the player's animation. Which is ... wow, just wow. Now that, coupled with awesome new ball physics, is what truly makes or breaks a next-gen football game. No more pinball effect. No more shitty ball control. The ball feels heavier, so do the players. One of the consequences of this is slower gameplay. Finally again, I should say. If you didn't like the last three PES games since they had that (small, but nonetheless, it was there) arcadish feel to them because of gameplay speed, you'll feel right at home again. Also, there's widescreen. You will say wow. It makes a huge difference.

Still, I too don't get Konami. Why can't they make a goddamn engine that's up to date with the hardware. I thought that that would be the case with the PS3 version, but Seabass seems to think otherwise. That's the new engine we've been working on for pretty long, he said. You can expect small step-ups in future WE/PES games, exactly as we did for PES3-4-5, he said. So what gives? Did they get cought up in the yearly releasing and don't have the time (I simply won't believe that they don't have the resources, WE/PES has been selling a shitload for a decade now) to do it right?

Anyway, if they fix the grass (which at the kick-off camera sequence actually does look volumetric, only to be replaced by that low-res ugly green mess once the camera shifts into the default side position.) I'll be a happy enough man.

DKJB79

WOW, very nice pics...not 'cause of the graphics...but 'cause we can see the best soccer team in the world : FRANCE :D

monkeymagic said:
Thought it was 8 weeks 'exclusive'.

When is PES6 dated?
Do you believe Konami will release PES6 for ps3 in January (or spring), instead of releasing the new winning eleven in spring and pes7 in fall?

black_13

Banned
Goof f'ing lord!!!!

You have got to be kidding me, people actually think that looks GOOD or even DECENT???!!! That is obviously a straight up port with a $60 tag slapped on it!

123rl

To the people who are criticising it, let me ask you one question:

How many of you have ever played a PES game?

I'll take a wild shot at this and guess...none? It doesn't matter how it looks in downscaled, poor quality JPGs. Pro Evo is all about animation and physics. That is what makes the game worth buying. Fifa looks better? So what...Fifa is shit. Fifa has always been shit and Fifa will always be shit

Football (not Soccer...FOOTBALL) games are played from a high perspective. Partly because it's easier if you can see the whole pitch and partly to match real football presentation. At that distance, is there any need to have individually rendered stubble or other superficial details? Of course it isn't.

Ok, rant over because there's no point trying to convince some of you

Socreges

Banned
neondriver said:
I wish I could...
But Seabass stated that it's already using their next-gen pes engine, and that there won't be a big difference in the next version for both 360 and ps3... =/
:( .........quote?

The grass will look just fine from gameplay angles and even during replays. What's the point in analyzing it like this?

The game actually looks very good in motion.... though maybe I'm biased since it looks like an attractive WE/PES.

rc213

123rl said:
To the people who are criticising it, let me ask you one question:

How many of you have ever played a PES game?

I'll take a wild shot at this and guess...none? It doesn't matter how it looks in downscaled, poor quality JPGs. Pro Evo is all about animation and physics. That is what makes the game worth buying. Fifa looks better? So what...Fifa is shit. Fifa has always been shit and Fifa will always be shit

Football (not Soccer...FOOTBALL) games are played from a high perspective. Partly because it's easier if you can see the whole pitch and partly to match real football presentation. At that distance, is there any need to have individually rendered stubble or other superficial details? Of course it isn't.

Ok, rant over because there's no point trying to convince some of you

No one in the thread was bitching about the gameplay just the graphics so your rant was for nothing.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Again, not one person has even tried to suggest the PES is about the graphics, and just because it isnt doesnt change the fact that this is no where near the standard Fifa is setting graphically.

Would be nice if people read the thread before wading in with there 'ALL OF YOU ARE DUMB' posts which are highly ironic in a way i doubt needs explaining.

sangreal

Socreges said:
:( .........quote?

The grass will look just fine from gameplay angles and even during replays. What's the point in analyzing it like this?

The game actually looks very good in motion.... though maybe I'm biased since it looks like an attractive WE/PES.
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200608/N06.0826.1445.18789.htm

Q: The visual upgrades for the Xbox 360 that we noticed – the facial features are fantastic, but the rest of it – the stadiums and the fans in the seats seem like more of a high-res Xbox version. Is this a new graphical engine, or is this a high-res Xbox version for the 360?

Seabass: Since it was next-gen we can’t really make use of the old-gen materials, meaning we did create new things from scratch. In years to come with PS3, maybe Windows Vista, next-gen machines to come, we still think that there’s more space to expand the graphical aspects. Because of my graphics staff working hard, what you see in the 360 version is a kind of real renewed models and everything.

Q: So with the PlayStation 3 version we can expect to see the visuals take a larger step?

Seabass: Don’t get us a wrong, we’re not going to create another engine for the PS3, we’re probably going to use the next-gen engine. But the advances we did for PES 3 to PES 4 to PES 5 – Winning Eleven 7, to 8, to 9 – that kind of upgrade we’ll do for the PS3.

Top Bottom