• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

d31m0s

You do realize its probably not why this person got banned either, just like the last guy, i'm sure there's something else involved

Definitely i used these offers before i sold my 360 several times and nothing occurred.They would not out of the blue punish these new people doing it without giving some sort of leniency or mention on the offer that doing such things is a violation.

What part of violating TOS do people not understand

"Yo, don't step on my lawn"
"O waw dis lawn is so steppy!"
"Bro I ban u foeva"
"BRO WHY YOU BAN ME???"

geomon

FJVuJ.gif

The logical answer is that of course MS cherry-picked this one account from the many who downloaded free stuff from other regions. Nothing else going on here.

RedStep

In 100% of cases like this so far, there is more to the story. There were thousands of forum-dwellers (NG, CAG, SD) that took advantage of these region-specific free games. If there were thousands of bannings, we'd know in an instant. If a specific person is banned, they were isolated. It's probably for a different reason. It's just common sense.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This again! Oh boy.

I will believe they're actually banning for this when a bunch of gaffers and cag get hit, because this exploit was widespread. Also agree that it makes no sense for them to ban people for it this close to next gen(though IMO this shouldn't be ban worthy at all anyway).

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
You tried this in the pirate thread as well. What the crap are you even getting at?

Sony doesn't ban pirates, didn't you hear? It's pretty sad that people on here push their fanboy agendas over someone most likely getting legitimately banned from Xbox Live. But hey, let's blame 'M$', right?

iammeiam

MS is just being sneaky. They're going to ban 1 Oman exploiter a day until they've got them all, so nobody ever believes that's the reason! These threads are a warning! Make your next gen purchases carefully!*

Do not actually allow these threads to influence your next-gen buying decisions unless sufficient evidence of their actual meaning is available. Next-gen buying decisions should always be made carefully, but not by cheap points scored in GAF threads with little actual concrete data. Only buy next-gen consoles when prescribed by a Doctor. May cause nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, or diarrhea. Purchase Pepto Bismol with all next-gen consoles.

Oman, I also read the first three pages of the other thread. 24h later I came back... we know what happened.

See you tomorrow guys!

MormaPope

Banned
This is equivalent to swarms of killer bees killing cities full of people, or lizardmen. The great ole Oman/Bosnia bannings, a new myth, created for and by NeoGAF.

He just got kicked offline and message me that his system was banned. His account didn't get banned though which is a little unusual for situations like this. He used the Bosnia account trick to get the game for free. Also it is written in the terms of service:

"Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing."

Doesn't seem like now is the best time to start banning people for this type of stuff with next-gen right around the cornet. I don't think MS want a lot of angry people with their only console banned going into next gen.

That's what I'm thinking too. We don't know what exactly happened but they just seem really aggressive.

cj_iwakura

He has 8 other working 360's. If his account was banned then that would be a different story.

8? Sheesh. And I thought having two Sega CDs was overkill.

Why is getting content bannable? That really irks me.

Circumventing pricing I can kind of understand, but what if I want Japanese only content or games?

Top Bottom