• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Executive Order 13223

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presidential Executive Order Amending Executive Order 13223

Section 1. Amendment to Executive Order 13223. Section 1 of Executive Order 13223 is amended by adding at the end: "The authorities available for use during a national emergency under sections 688 and 690 of title 10, United States Code, are also invoked and made available, according to their terms, to the Secretary concerned, subject in the case of the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, to the direction of the Secretary of Defense."

How I understand it, this basically means that the President is allowed to recall any retired member of the four main branches of the military. If I got it wrong, let me know and I'll edit.

But the early buzz is that this could be a pre-cursor to a war. But no one knows for sure.

chefbags

giphy.gif

With all these executive orders this is literally what's popping up in my mind every time Trump orders this shit.

Other than that, man Fuck this shitty ass person.

I'm always stressed every day because of shitty Trump.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Until you get some information or better understanding about what this is exactly about, this is not thread-worthy. Feel free to ask about it in the poligaf thread. FWIW, the executive branch already has the authority to recall retired members of the military, this seem to change it in ways that is not immediately obvious to me, and judging from the OP, neither it is for you, even though I too saw twitter talk about it like stage one of a coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom