• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I don't know if it is my browser, but you can snag the Anniversary MapPack for 600MSP! If you don't have it, there is no excuse now!

VJiM3.png

The small news.

FyreWulff

For some context, Gazzawa bought the map pack yesterday as "if thy were gonna cut the price, it'd have been on Tuesday".

I waited two years for MS to put Halo Wars' gametype DLC on sale. Because I knew as soon as I bought it at full price, they'd put it as a Gold Deal of the Week, so I wasn't going to pay 10$ for 3 gametypes.

The game came out on March 3, 2009. The DLC finally went on sale for 50% off on March 27th, 2011 :p

I've tried multiple times to finish the game or even get to the real sci-fi stuff, but so far...

Sit and wait, go camouflage, kill a guy, camouflage, sit and wait. Repeat over and over again.

Gunplay was poor as well.
...pretty much this. Not a big fan of weapon wheels when it comes to the selection process, and I frakking hate iron sights in a FPS. Crysis has both, and it makes me really appreciate Bungie's approach to gunplay all the more. It may be to your liking, but so far it isn't my thing.

I havent played Crysis 2 yet, but I enjoyed Crysis, primarily the first half of the game. it had a fun approach to combat situations, plus Im kinda a sucker for dense wilderness.
I keep randomly going back to the game and inch further along, hoping that the story will get more sci-fi and get me interested. I should set a goal for finishing the game before H4 comes out.

Never in competitive (co-op is another story, so I hope that they switch over to the same model they use for competitive in Halo 4.)

What do you consider substantial? A lost frame or two isn't that noticeable, even at a 30fps running speed. I've *never* had a game where things lagged to the point that it affected actual gameplay, even in the low-grav room. The fact that I've only ever heard you complain this loudly about it makes me think this is atypical. Halo 3 will lag much easier and much more.

You must only use the AR then because anyone who's ever scoped with a precision weapon in that low-grav room has experienced the frame rate dip. It literally happens every time you scope with from top blue to red snipe spawn.

Booshka

You must only use the AR then because anyone who's ever scoped with a precision weapon in that low-grav room has experienced the frame rate dip. It literally happens every time you scope with from top blue to red snipe spawn.

Halo 4 will be at 60 FPS as long as you are holding the AR. Once you switch to a precision weapon, the Cinematic FPS of 24 and below will be applied.

I waited two years for MS to put Halo Wars' gametype DLC on sale. Because I knew as soon as I bought it at full price, they'd put it as a Gold Deal of the Week, so I wasn't going to pay 10$ for 3 gametypes.

The game came out on March 3, 2009. The DLC finally went on sale for 50% off on March 27th, 2011 :p
They were once on sale in 2010, I bought them that week, iirc.

FyreWulff

Was that a BTB variant?

BTB Heavies, so yeah, it would be under Competitive for stats.

They were once on sale in 2010, I bought them that week.

Damn, must have missed it. It's a shame that their permanent price is 10$ though, they're fairly fun, but the playlists for them are lucky to have 8 people in them at times.

Also, another person today just started playing Reach because they didn't pick it up until now because they thought it was a side story like ODST..

Oh don't worry, it's coming back.

I'm enjoying your posts, you silly guys. Hope to see some halo 4 news soon. I had a dream the other night that I was in a futuristic Halo virtual simulation where I was actually running around as a Spartan. I think it was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced. Halo 4, my bar is set.

ElRenoRaven

Man I don't wanna see any tears when whatever comes tomorrow isn't anything worth a damn. So many saying they know it's nothing but talking it up like it's the second coming. Some of you are going to be so let down it isn't funny.

GhaleonEB

Man I don't wanna see any tears when whatever comes tomorrow isn't anything worth a damn. So many saying they know it's nothing but talking it up like it's the second coming. Some of you are going to be so let down it isn't funny.

I shall continue to reap the rich benefits of reasonable expectations.

FyreWulff

Add more cliff spawns, fusion coils, and put some more FRG's in the Spire.

All Fuel Rods are gone (framerate!), and the cliff spawns are gone too (if I'm thinking of the same ones) that were left over from the original Spire.

Right now it's:

- no more scorps
- no more FRCs
- Gauss up to a minute spawn
- wraiths a minute and a half
- falcons minute spawn
- 4 rocket launchers instead of 6 or 7 (turns out there was one hiding left over from Spire), all 1 spare clip now, and have mongeese convienently placed next to them for rocketgoose shenanigans. They replaced the FRC in a couple of spots.
- plasma launchers replaced FRCs in a couple spots
- still no banshees because they'd be overpowered :seriousface:

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Always a safe position to take.

Ramirez

I'm not even sure where the hype train came from, I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Kibbles

All I'm expecting tomorrow is the GI cover announcement with a pic of the cover which may have new concept art on it or something. We'll have to wait for the magazine release/scans and embargo from then, which may be a while yet after.

All I'm expecting tomorrow is the GI cover announcement with a pic of the cover which may have new concept art on it or something. We'll have to wait for the magazine release/scans and embargo from then, which may be a while yet after.

Yup, but I imagine the art/weapons/location should give us something fun to talk about til the details from the digital copies hit on the 9th.

Ramirez

This actually makes me wonder if the UNSC will ever get a quality foil to the Banshee in matchmaking instead of the slower-moving aerial support vehicles that are currently gracing the franchise.

I really liked the Hornet on Avalanche. It wasn't OP, and was great for transporting flags back to base. The Falcon would be a million times better if the pilot got the machine gun from campaign, just toned down.

Top Bottom