• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

"That'll satisfy those Legends fans!"

Part of me really wants that to actually happen, because it would give me another reason to complain about Capcom and have my revenge. But that's just being silly.

Someone can explain to me why is more logical making an anime Lost Planet spin-off that no one wanted than actually making ML3 than has a small but very loyal fanbase?

Spiting Inafune. I would honestly expect that from Capcom, at this point. If they're having enough trouble dealing with employee harassment and degradation at their offices, it's not unreasonable to think that they might just be doing this for shits 'n' giggles.

I don't place much trust in men these days anyway.

Well it's the year anniversary since it got cancelled. Capcom still sucks but Ex Troopers looks good.

Wish they would just put the PS1 Legends games up but then we have the stupid legal problems with the voice acting. Sigh.

Yeah wow, a year already. It still doesn't sting any less.

I hope one day Inafune can build up enough of a stronghold with his new company to at least offer Capcom some sort of viable partnership in developing the game. Or even CC2 who seemed interested. Oh well. I'd be happy with seeing the original games released digitally but even that seems inexplicably out of the question. I can't believe they're now some of the rarest psx games, lost forever, with almost no means to play them in their original form. So an entire year later Capcom still gets a resounding fuck you from me. Bring on Megaman's half-assed anniversary :/

Mondriaan

Well it's the year anniversary since it got cancelled. Capcom still sucks but Ex Troopers looks good.

Wish they would just put the PS1 Legends games up but then we have the stupid legal problems with the voice acting. Sigh.
Why couldn't they just take out all the voice acting and put in the talking beep beep beep sound effect that they use where they don't have voice overs?

I imagine that replacing those audio samples with beep beep beep noises might have made the localization effort cost too much money.

A year's passed, and Capcom laughs
Uncouth they'll be this year
For all that they've done
We'll fear them here

It's the 15th anniversary of Rockman DASH's release this year, and the whole franchise is in a rut. And, no, you cannot take out the voice acting. It's an essential part of the Legends experience, because it's so campy and awesome.

qq more

I'm sadden at the fact the franchise died 2 days before my birthday. :( Thank you for the early birthday present last year, Crapcom.

For never there was a tale more brash,

Than this of Capcom and their Rockman DASH.

Good night, sweet robot.

May flights of Servbots sing thee to thy rest.

Just wanted to say that I only ever watched someone play a bit of MML2, but this entire situation still disgusts me.

I've only loosely followed what's happened since it was originally canceled. What was the reason for shunning MM? It almost seems like revenge for Inafune leaving. Is that part of it?

We still don't know what was going in the heads of the Capcom executives. But canceling Legends 3 to spite Inafune has always been a strong possibility. There's no reason for Capcpom to even cancel the Prototype, for that matter.
Nah, I was just paraphrasing Shakespeare (Romeo & Juliet and Hamlet in particular). If you want to have a poetry slam, I'm down with that.
Yeah: I wish I remembered my Shakespeare better. Has to be due to bad English teaching.

Mondriaan

It's the 15th anniversary of Rockman DASH's release this year, and the whole franchise is in a rut. And, no, you cannot take out the voice acting. It's an essential part of the Legends experience, because it's so campy and awesome.
You could say that the lack of dual analog controls on MML1 on the PS1 was an essential part of the experience too, but no, just no. Beep beep beep talking Megaman is best Megaman.

Yeah, the controls could have been better. But there's no binary reason for everything to be there or nothing to be there. And, honestly, putting-in the MML2 control scheme while keeping the voice acting would be amazing.

Wow, already a year since this debacle?

Spiting Inafune. I would honestly expect that from Capcom, at this point. If they're having enough trouble dealing with employee harassment and degradation at their offices, it's not unreasonable to think that they might just be doing this for shits 'n' giggles.

I don't place much trust in men these days anyway.

First I heard of this, what's this about? Any links or sources I can read?

I think Seth feeling the need (whatever it was) to leave them for Sony was a really bad sign of the state the company's culture is in. Killian leaving Capcom is like a Star Wars fanboy giving up a dream job working for Lucasfilm.

I stumbled upon the old announcement thread a few days ago. It's almost depressing seeing the happiness and boundless optimism there compared to now :/

Beth Cyra

Just wanted to say that I only ever watched someone play a bit of MML2, but this entire situation still disgusts me.

I've only loosely followed what's happened since it was originally canceled. What was the reason for shunning MM? It almost seems like revenge for Inafune leaving. Is that part of it?
This line of thinking was dumb the. And even more so now.

Capcom still very much follows alot of polices that Inafune himself put in place, the dual development of games with western support being the big one.

Even without that many things that would be much closer to Inafune Dead Rising and Lost Planet being games he pushed, or his pride and joy character Zero being used over and over again in Inafune's design are things that would be gone, and not pushed if thy were trying to spite the man.

It's simple just as it was last year. Inafune continued to pus Rock despite the fact Rock sales continued to drop, and when he left they saw no reason to invest more money in what they probably felt were nothing more then black holes.

Beth Cyra

Which Mega Man? As it stands there are so many Rock's and styles that just making a Rock like game isn't enough. Even less so when the One that performed the best is more a card RPG then a platformsr or action adventure game.

The Legend Will Never Die™, Gravijah!

Hm.

Although it is indeed true that the legend will never die; what's the point in being alive if you can't truly live?

These higher powers twist all of our arms collectively, and if we cannot brave a storm of downloadable content and questionable business practice, then how can we prove that we deserve the glory of this coveted legend?

We must slog through a swamp of deceit and treachery to reach what we truly desire, but the night is always darkest just before the dawn.

There is still hope.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Do you really think that there's any chance that RE:R is even being considered as a 3DS release anymore, especially after RE:M3D flopped hard? You know that development has already halted and that assets are being moved to Vita and/or the HD twins.

Going back through the thread and this stuck out. One humorous point, at least.

JordanN

Banned
To believe if this game wasn't canceled, MML3 would be sitting in my 3DS right now 100% complete. :(

Grrr. I understand cancellation was possible because the game wasn't greenlit but what angers me to this day is why Capcom still hasn't released the prototype? The 3DS audience has grown tremendously and the game was only going to be what, $2?

This is some hardcore japanese business vengeance against Inafune/Mega Man/Gamers.

Chemo

Just a heads up, guys, but keeping track of the anniversary of cancellation is the kind of shit that makes things like this persist in your mind and perpetually make you feel bad about them. It's probably best to not bump old MML3 threads or make new what-would-have-been posts. There's really no sense in reminding yourselves that it could have been released at this point if it hadn't been cancelled, unless you're actively trying to feel bad about it (in which case it makes perfect sense, obviously).

Don't get me wrong, this thread bump doesn't bother me personally... honestly, I thought MML3 looked extremely weak, and I had zero faith in it as a project as soon as they decided to "get fans involved with the development." Every month or two when I see this thread bumped, though, I know there are a bunch of people feeling like shit about this game, so you should really give yourselves a break.

Boney

Banned
I wish we could have a super fun manga about both lighthearted adventures of Aero sticking it to the man and Megaman's rescue mission and taking him off the moon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just a heads up, guys, but keeping track of the anniversary of cancellation is the kind of shit that makes things like this persist in your mind and perpetually make you feel bad about them. It's probably best to not bump old MML3 threads or make new what-would-have-been posts. There's really no sense in reminding yourselves that it could have been released at this point if it hadn't been cancelled, unless you're actively trying to feel bad about it (in which case it makes perfect sense, obviously).

Don't get me wrong, this thread bump doesn't bother me personally... honestly, I thought MML3 looked extremely weak, and I had zero faith in it as a project as soon as they decided to "get fans involved with the development." Every month or two when I see this thread bumped, though, I know there are a bunch of people feeling like shit about this game, so you should really give yourselves a break.

The wounds will heal, but there will always be scars.

It's best to have a reminder not to trust Capcom. Between this and Monster Hunter Tri G, they're on my List for a long time.

Top Bottom