• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 28, 2017 (Jul 10 - Jul 16)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Poor Grezzo. I hope they get another chance at a new IP and don't become a remake machine. I'm really enjoying my time with Ever Oasis.

Chuck in a 50k "guesstimate" for digital and and I'm sure it'll make it this year with christmas sales

Plus the inevitable bump next week when they SHOULD have much higher hardware sales. If they get hardware sales up to 100K ish (ha!) That will probably give it a 20K+ week. Maybe more, maybe less, who knows.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Hey! Pikmin's debut is indeed surprising: it did far more than what I expected. Baaad debut for Ever Oasis instead :(

ethomaz

Banned
PS4 king beat one more milestone... 5m confirmed next week one week before PS3.

Now with the holidays coming it will probably continue ahead and 6m milestone is on bag.

DKHF

Sad to see Ever Oasis bomb. FFXII TZA did a little better than I expected (not much but a little).

Definitely looking forward to the next 2 weeks of sales numbers (Splatoon 2 then DQXI).

How likely is PS4 going to beat PS3 LTD?

Any other 3rd party heavyweights in future?

This depends on when the PS5 will come out. PS3 also had some good legs:

2009: 1.7 million
2010: 1.5 million
2011: 1.5 million
2012: 1.2 million

DQ11, FFVR, MHW and KH3. Pretty much every major Japanese third party IP released on PS4. If PS4 increases YoY (1.8 million+) that would be amazing.

Oemenia

Banned
This depends on when the PS5 will come out. PS3 also had some good legs:

2009: 1.7 million
2010: 1.5 million
2011: 1.5 million
2012: 1.2 million

DQ11, FFVR, MHW and KH3. Pretty much every major Japanese third party IP released on PS4. If PS4 increases YoY (1.8 million+) that would be amazing.
Damn so PS4 has already beaten PS3's best year.

Honestly, I see no reason why Sony will call it quits early.

jonno394

Poor Grezzo. I hope they get another chance at a new IP and don't become a remake machine. I'm really enjoying my time with Ever Oasis.

I can forsee the game itself getting a second chance on Switch at some point. It seems like something many would like, just on the v wrong device right now.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I can forsee the game itself getting a second chance on Switch at some point. It seems like something many would like, just on the v wrong device right now.
We are still waiting for underperformers that get second chances on Switch.

Especially for outsourced low budget games that exist only because Nintendo wants to find some extra income things will be even worst.

Maybe I was being too pessimistic, but I wasn't expecting Hey! Pikmin to sell that much. I thought it was too late in the 3DS' life, but actually I don't know if it would have sold much more than that if it had been released three or four years ago. Let's see the legs now.

No, Bomberman was a big seller in the '90s.
I don't think I've ever seen sales numbers of the old games. Do we have some anywhere? My usual sources don't go back far enough. There's been so many games in this franchise, so they couldn't possibly have done poorly. On the other hand though, these games can't be too expensive to make either, making it easier to stay profitable.

Out of curiosity, what did you post?
Edit: already posted

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
So Media Create tracked that Amazon.jp Bomberman bundles for Switch.
Apparently shipments vary a lot week after week at retailers. Since there isn't a steady pattern whatever every tracker estimates depends on the amount of stock their sample gets and leads to big differences at reported numbers. This week Amazon got extra shipments from Nintendo. Media Create could count it, Famitsu could not.

Vinnk

FFXV's legs have been so good!

Would be poetic if it reaches 1 million for DQXI launch week

Retailers still trying to get rid of the first week shipment. It has been in bargain bin for months which has led to these small legs.

Yup, saw it brand new for 4000yen last week. That is less than half the retail price. Used copies go for even cheaper.

So yeah, not so great. Or was that post sarcasm? I can't even tell anymore.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Yup, saw it brand new for 4000yen last week. That is less than half the retail price. Used copies go for even cheaper.
Price has dived at lower levels at big cities since long time ago and it's still not close selling the initial shipment.

test_account

XP-39C²
It must be. There have been supposed lines of thousands of people waiting for Switch's, yet the PS4 continues to outsell the Switch for like 5 weeks in a row. It must be a beast.
I dont think theres been lines with thousands of people waiting for Switch, but rather thousands of people participating in the lottery.

It must be. There have been supposed lines of thousands of people waiting for Switch's, yet the PS4 continues to outsell the Switch for like 5 weeks in a row. It must be a beast.

At least you're willing to accept the truth that, indeed, the PS4 is a beast. The Switch is fighting a losing battle against an evergrowing kaiju.

Top Bottom