• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life launches March 20 in the Americas and Europe

Wasn't everyone assuming this would come out in the fall? March is a long way away. We could be atomic dust by then. And I guess we aren't getting a 2 remake? Or is that still up in the air?
Early 2018 was always the date they gave for this game.

There's a RGG studio announcement coming 26th August where they'll hopefully announce their next project.

danmaku

Pretty good SE, but is the cover going to be just that? A black background with the logo?

Anyway, I'll get this one but I want to play 2 before. I'll dust off my PS2 and CRT and hopefully the game will work from the HD because fuck PS2 loading times.

Redx508

DAY1
tenor.gif

In all my 32 years of gaming, I've never wanted an LE more than this one. Those whiskey glasses and stones are so fucking cool.

Is it weird that I want to grab two of the premium editions so I can use two glasses and keep two more as spares?

Oh well, I'm probably going to buy two of them and I haven't bought a single collector's edition of a game since PS3.

Xypher

Just gonna emphasize, 6 does not have story recap videos, like 3 and 4 had, but it does have story recap and character introduction to all major characters in text form. But as it starts right after 5, I'd recommend reading up at least what happened to Haruka, as jumping from Kiwami straight to 6 will leave you confused, other story recaps are not really necessary, but recommended.

Redx508

This is extremely helpful. I'm going to try to have that done by March 2018.

play 5!

Just gonna emphasize, 6 does not have story recap videos, like 3 and 4 had, but it does have story recap and character introduction to all major characters in text form. But as it starts right after 5, I'd recommend reading up at least what happened to Haruka, as jumping from Kiwami straight to 6 will leave you confused, other story recaps are not really necessary, but recommended.

do we know why they stop doing the recap videos?

Is it weird that I want to grab two of the premium editions so I can use two glasses and keep two more as spares?

Oh well, I'm probably going to buy two of them and I haven't bought a single collector's edition of a game since PS3.

well, if you have the money :D i bet it's atleast 150$ per set.

Play 0, play Kiwami. Watch a recap for 2-5 :)

I'm going to play through them all first. Kiwami through 5 (already put 114 hours into 0. Fucking amazing game). Even if that means I don't touch 6 until 2019, I'll use the whiskey glasses in the meantime.

How do they pump these so fast, i can't keep up. Are there different annual studios working like COD?

(i) HEAVY asset reuse

(ii) Incredibly well managed devteam

(iii) Nagoshi Da-GAWD

(iv) These games came out like 1.5/2 years ago and are just now being localized and released in the west.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is it weird that I want that mostly cause the glasses?
I need to get around to playing Yakuza 0 (or any Yakuza game for that matter), but yes, I really dig the designs of the glasses & it's an unique item for a game LE, especially one that can be "used" instead of just displayed (though I'm sure most people will want to not use them to make sure they don't break). Not to mention with the GCU from Best Buy, 20% off = $18 off = only $72 for the LE.

I need to get around to playing Yakuza 0 (or any Yakuza game for that matter), but yes, I really dig the designs of the glasses & it's an unique item for a game LE, especially one that can be "used" instead of just displayed (though I'm sure most people will want to not use them to make sure they don't break). Not to mention with the GCU from Best Buy, 20% off = $18 off = only $72 for the LE.
Shit I forgot about the GCU discount. I am absolutely buying two sets. Can still get them both for $90 total if I sell the second copy of the game and book for $60. :O

Banned
*ring* *ring*
''mushi-
''hey uhh.. Sega sorry to cut you off but I'm in a hurry and kinda eager to know .. you gonna release Yakuza 2, 3, 4 and 5 on Playstation 4 right? You're gonna do it for us right???''
''Hello?''

Day one for this game regardless.

I usually keep collector's editions in the box... But drinks will be poured into those glasses.
Gather for Whiskey and Cigars.

Just like Nagoshi DA GAWD intended.

EAgVmhc.png

*ring* *ring*
*mushi-
''hey uhh.. Sega sorry to cut you off but I'm in a hurry and kinda eager to know .. you gonna release Yakuza 2, 3, 4 and 5 on Playstation 4 right? You're gonna do it for us right???''
If there are any plans, they'll be announced on 26th August. The Yakuza dev team is doing an event at Akihabara where they'll announce the next project in the series.

ubiblu

Yakuza 6 is a really fantastic game; second only to Zero. The game gets a lot of hate for missing some dumb mini-games and not focusing on long-time series characters. This is Kiryu's final story, so expect him and only him to feature prominently.

Sounds like ingredients for major burn out on the series. Make sure to pace yourself.

i've been giving myself enough space between then so it has been fine tbh. and i've already played through 1 before so i won't spend as much time with kiwami as i did with 0

i've already played through 3 and 0 this year and can't wait for kiwami so i think it'll be okay!

gio corsi <3
I don't drink but I'd gladly buy that man a beer if I ever got the chance to meet him.

As well as John Hardin (even though he's not at SEGA/Atlus anymore) and Scott Strichart and pretty much everyone from the dev team and the localization team.

chrono01

That is one impressive Collector's Edition. Will purchase, though $120 CDN is a little expensive. Still, those glasses/stones!

PaulLFC

Definitely interested in the premium version, just hope it's not a Game exclusive here
it will be, won't it? :(

Is the premium version art book different from the one that comes with the standard preorder?

Top Bottom