• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers XboxAb.com and XboxAb.net

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
It probably doesn't mean anything. Most of the 90,000 domains Microsoft registers don't mean anything. Don't pay attention to random MS domain registrations unless it is near conference time or something.

JoshHood

Advertising Bullshit.

In all honesty though, it's a bit of a weird one - assumably the AB are initials, but that could basically be anything. Ambassador whatever seems unlikely, as that wouldn't really need it's own site. Maybe something relating to the media stuff they're producing?

Pociask

I like fun guessing games, but it's Xbox Abs (as in Abs of Steel) or nothing. Perhaps previewing an effort to get a Kinect exercise craze going. Looking forward to a 30 minute infomercial starring a washed up actor telling a studio audience about how they, too, can get amazing Xbox Abs with this new, fun way to exercise.

AmyS

It's obviously the NEXT-GEN Xbox The 4th which will be launched in November 2018 since XBone will have just a 5 year lifecycle and killed as soon as its successor is out, not unlike how MS killed the first Xbox after 4 years when 360 came out.

Lorul2

Always Backwardscompatible?

/here's hoping there's news on that front soon

3760165-jiraiya.jpg

Hawk269

Hmmmm XboxAB???

Xbox Advanced Box - Same as a Xbox One, but with a better GPU. Double the size ESRAM, 12 gigs of RAM. Will play all Xbox One games, but when it is played on the AB system games run at higher res/frame rate/16xAF etc. Basically like a PC. All current made Xbox One games will just scale up when it is played on the AB unit, on a regular Xbox One it would play at Medium Settings etc.

Purely pulling this out of my ass so take that as you will!!! lol.

EvB

It'll be something really tedious relating to them creating a Swedish division for when it launches later in the year,

scoobs

Hmmmm XboxAB???

Xbox Advanced Box - Same as a Xbox One, but with a better GPU. Double the size ESRAM, 12 gigs of RAM. Will play all Xbox One games, but when it is played on the AB system games run at higher res/frame rate/16xAF etc. Basically like a PC. All current made Xbox One games will just scale up when it is played on the AB unit, on a regular Xbox One it would play at Medium Settings etc.

Purely pulling this out of my ass so take that as you will!!! lol.

If this were a road microsoft goes down there better be a trade-in program for those of us who purchased the original box... that would piss me off so bad

Xbox A B.

A Bee.

H2A confirmed.

This would be the only half-arsed theory I would even entertain as a possibility. Everything else is bullocks and I'm assuming for shits and giggles. But this, yeah, this could actually be a thing. That is it *could* be a thing *if* MS was as smart at marketing as Bungie is, which I doubt. But I guess we'll see... or maybe we won't.

Top Bottom