• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Why the fuck did they make Queen Marella white in Earth 2 Society when she was black in Earth 2 and Earth 2 Worlds End?

Earth 2:

Marella_Earth_2_001.jpg

Earth 2 Society:
E2S10-4-263x300.png

It ain't the lighting either. Earth 2 Society #12 has her looking whiter than Fury in some shots.

What the fuck?

Owzers

It still might be a good idea to cover spoilers for uncanny x-force, it gets recommended often and there is no need to spoil the biggest moments.

Old Man Logan is continuing under a new writer(though we also have rumors about regular Wolverine returning soon) and we haven't heard anything about Thanos.
Rumors that I don't want to actually be true
Why the fuck did they make Queen Marella white in Earth 2 Society when she was black in Earth 2 and Earth 2 Worlds End?

It ain't the lighting either. Earth 2 Society #12 has her looking whiter than Fury in some shots.

What the fuck?
Obviously Atlanteans can't be black.

It still might be a good idea to cover spoilers for uncanny x-force, it gets recommended often and there is no need to spoil the biggest moments.
Fair enough. I gone done it.

“I’m making use of the DC multiversal structure. This is, if you like, ‘Earth-Wildstorm,’ a parallel universe to the regular DC world. This means that Steve [Orlando]’s book takes place in the mainstream DC universe. That frees me to use Midnighter and Apollo, which I plan to — but they will be alternates, and very different versions. Steve’s book stands on its own two feet, and I don’t want to mess with that.”
Yessss, the best of both worlds~

Batman

Loved the action and feel of this issue, but did have some minor quarrels with it.

The plan for Psycho Pirate curing Gotham Girl just seems dumb. All that is holding it up is Alfred with a gun?! Catwoman just hanging out with some cats and not really explaining what happened with the Robins also bothered me.

Those are really minor though, other than those small things I thought the action and feel of this issue was great.

Super Sons

Fucking Finally! We finally get the book that I was excited for the most coming out of the Rebirth announcement.

Loved it. I also loved the structure of layering the timeline. Prologue, current time and the two weeks ago that we get feel completely separate and have me really intrigued how they all connect.

Wild Storm

I liked this, but I feel like I would have liked it a lot more if I knew more about Wildstorm. I'm really curious to learn more, but the weird connection of everyone seemed lost on me.

tim1138

So the Wild Storm was pretty much everything I was hoping for. Ellis did a fantastic job setting up the world and and at the very least hinting at the major organizations. I'm really interested in seeing how things work out with
Jacob Marlowe
and if Ellis is going to keep the
Kherubim and Daemonite names for the alien races

For those not familiar with the Wildstorm U, every character who was named in the issue is an existing character who has been tweaked for this new take on the universe.

The
Batman
reference was a nice easter egg.

ElNarez

Banned
Batwoman was the good good shit, and it's super nice to see that it's really happening for real. Bennett and Tynion fucking killed it on the writing, and the whole flow of the issue.

Wow, Silk #1-#7 was really really good! Loved the pacing of the whole arc and the side characters introduced. JJJ was great. Thompson was able to get across Cindy's feeling of isolation (even outside of the bunker) so well. Lee's art was pretty good and the colouring was great. The highlight for me though was #7! The frantic end in the backdrop of the incursion was perfect. And I loved Ford's art. A great fit to the undertones of melancholy that existed right from #1.

I assumed it would be. Bennett seems to have a better grasp on Kate than pretty much anyone else that has touched her, outside of maybe Blackman.

The Williams / Blackman book was really dull storytelling held up by generally outstanding art. My hierarchy of Batwoman writers:

Rucka
Tynion in 'Tec
Blackman / Williams
Andreyko

The Williams / Blackman book was really dull storytelling held up by generally outstanding art. My hierarchy of Batwoman writers:

Rucka
Tynion in 'Tec
Blackman / Williams
Andreyko

I really liked the Blackman / Williams run. Though more for story reasons than Kate's characterization. I thought the whole "Religion of Crime" angle was pretty cool.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Dropped Wonder Woman & Old Man Logan. Batman is on the brink of being dropped for me, just not feeling it.

Justice League

Randomly jumped back in to check out how this was going.

This book is a fucking mess. This issue starts out with I assume a flashforward? Then it changes time and Superman and Batman are talking about something that contradicts the very last panel? Then a whole bunch of flashes to another time with all heroes that basically reminds me of Hitch's JLA, then there is a random girl that is some time agent and there are time bombs to make Flash slow?

This book is a fucking mess. How is Hitch still on this book? Just from one issue this feels like a copy of the Doctor Strange Empirical only with them against Meta's instead of Magic. But throw in Matt Damon and Emily Blunt's imaginary child from The Adjustment Bureau and some Lost Flash Forwards that are pointless and confusing for no god damn reason other than there is apparently no other known way to start an arc.

Fuck this book.

Penguin

Bane is getting his own mini... or maxi... 12 issues

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-chuck-...al-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

The character is already starring in the current ”I Am Bane" arc of Tom King and David Finch's ”Batman" series, and CBR has the exclusive first word that writer Chuck Dixon and artist Graham Nolan will return to their creation in DC Comics' upcoming 12-issue series ”Bane: Conquest," scheduled to debut in May.

In ”Bane: Conquest," the title villain will reunite with Bird, Trogg and Zombie, his henchmen that have been mostly missing in action since their introduction in the 1993-1993 ”Batman: Knightfall" arc, but who re-surfaced as part of the ”I Am Bane" storyline. According to DC's official description of the series, Bane will take his criminal ambitious out of Gotham, in search of ”new cities to conquer and new enemies to crush."

Damnit Ross!

Bane

I'm super stoked about Bane: Conquest, less so about his new costume. I've never liked the first mask he had in the animated series nor the Arkham Asylum/City design and this looks inspired by both of those.

ElNarez

Banned
Okay I will say it was jarring to see Epting's art in Batwoman without the incredibly moody colors of Breitweiser. I wish that whole thing was a package deal, because, Jeromy Cox is good, don't get me wrong, but, it's weird to see a Batwoman book this bright.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hate the days where my body feels like it wants to escape because of my job. Most horrible feeling, I cant fantom how people with real burnout must feel.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Urgh, is there someone you can talk to?

Not really. Not at work because there are the people who do this to me and I dont want to worry my family. But it will be fine. I just need a evening off. I am cooking a good meal right now and will watch some TV afterwards. It will be fine.

Walking Dead was the first book I cracked open this morning, and I realized something: I miss new black and white books. I try lots of indies every month and b&w books are like unicorns.

Colored panels are lovely and deserve their place in the top spot, but I love good black and white art too. I guess nobody buys them?

Walking Dead was the first book I cracked open this morning, and I realized something: I miss new black and white books. I try lots of indies every month and b&w books are like unicorns.

Colored panels are lovely and deserve their place in the top spot, but I love good black and white art too. I guess nobody buys them?
I'm still mad the Morrison written Batman B&W series hasn't had anything announced since it was revealed along with Multiversity Too.

First POP figure I have seen that belongs outside of a Chucky movie.

What good B&W books are ongoing other than Walking Dead? Usagi and Love & Rockets:New Stories are all I can think of.

First POP figure I have seen that belongs outside of a Chucky movie.

What good B&W books are ongoing other than Walking Dead? Usagi and Love & Rockets:New Stories are all I can think of.

Motor Girl too.

I feel like there used to be a lot more just a few years ago among the smaller publishers, but even the smallest of them have gone full color in almost all of their books. I wonder if this is because it's cheaper than it used to be...?

VanWinkle

Trinity #6 was a really nice ending. The arc really only should have been like four issues. It was too decompressed and losing steam, but this issue was pretty great and I feel like it did bring the "trinity" closer in a meaningful way.

ElNarez

Banned
I regret making fun of Warren Ellis with my Castlevania post because The Wild Storm was very good and while there were some of the Ellis Stock Characters there's also someone who doesn't know what they're doing at all and that's really cool.

Top Bottom