• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls now out on mobile

Cellsai

Is there anything to do with duplicate fighters? I see you can sell moves, but it doesn't seem like you can sell fighters.
If you select a fighter that you like, on their Info screen there's a Power Up button. You click that and you can feed any duplicate fighters to it for a boost of XP.

Once a character has reached it's max level, you can sacrifice a bunch of duplicates of that character to evolve it to the next tier.
eg: I have a level 30 Bronze Valentine. I can sacrifice 3 other Bronze Vals (any type) to evolve that Lvl30 into a Lvl1 Silver Valentine.
(It takes 3 Bronzes to evolve a Bronze into a Silver.
It takes 4 Silvers to evolve a Silver into a Gold)

Pejo

Hey all, giving this a shot. What's the best current re-roll method, in both time savings and when to do your starter roll. Is there a fast track to getting enough gems for a 10+1?

Also, what's the minimum I have to do to re-roll? I've been uninstalling but that download takes a while.

Hey all, giving this a shot. What's the best current re-roll method, in both time savings and when to do your starter roll. Is there a fast track to getting enough gems for a 10+1?

Also, what's the minimum I have to do to re-roll? I've been uninstalling but that download takes a while.

Eh what's the point? I'm beating almost everything with my Bronze Cerebella that I Evolved to Silver quite easily without spending a dime. There's really no need to min-max this game imo.

Sorry to bump this, but the Skullgirls notification icon looks a LOT like the Grindr notification icon. Had a lot to explain to my now-ex last night.
ATy0NCF.jpg

Pejo

Eh what's the point? I'm beating almost everything with my Bronze Cerebella that I Evolved to Silver quite easily without spending a dime. There's really no need to min-max this game imo.

After playing a few days, I'm just not into the game anyways. But my first like 4 rolls were all duplicate Peacocks, who is my least favorite character. Ah well, doesn't matter now.

febLey

Waiting for an apkmirror link, my device is being listed as not compatible :|

Also I'm curios why is Line publishing this?

Ravidrath

Waiting for an apkmirror link, my device is being listed as not compatible :|

Also I'm curios why is Line publishing this?

LINE is pretty conservative when it comes to device performance, and so they're taking a cautious approach to greenlighting devices.

And... LINE is publishing it because they like the game a lot and think they can make money publishing it?

Ravidrath

im on android (s8+). All notification icons are grey until you drag the top down.

mqtRkfC.png

Ah, I can see how it might look like the creepier old Grindr mask icon.

If you really broke up over this, I'd be happy to help in some way.

I don't know what that help would look like, but having just broken up with my BF and not really enjoying getting back on Grindr myself, I certainly feel for you.

Ah, I can see how it might look like the creepier old Grindr mask icon.

If you really broke up over this, I'd be happy to help in some way.

I don't know what that help would look like, but having just broken up with my BF and not really enjoying getting back on Grindr myself, I certainly feel for you.

You're so nice! It's fine. Plenty of otters in the sea. I'm enjoying the game enough to keep that existential dread away!

JeTmAn81

Game looks amazing but I'm having a hard time spending time with it when I have the Vita version sitting in a drawer nearby. You just can't beat buttons.

Dreavus

I think I'm coming around on this game a little more. Pretty damn good little fighter and makes great use of phone controls. Doing a simple ground to air to super combo is surprisingly satisfying to pull off.

Question: anyone who's evolved a bronze fighter to a silver... do they keep their skill tree unlocks or does everything reset? I noticed my one gold fighter costs a ton of gold and badges to unlock one single node, whereas the bronze fighters have it a lot cheaper. Maybe it'd be worth starting at bronze if those nodes stay unlocked?

AEREC

I think I'm coming around on this game a little more. Pretty damn good little fighter and makes great use of phone controls. Doing a simple ground to air to super combo is surprisingly satisfying to pull off.

Question: anyone who's evolved a bronze fighter to a silver... do they keep their skill tree unlocks or does everything reset? I noticed my one gold fighter costs a ton of gold and badges to unlock one single node, whereas the bronze fighters have it a lot cheaper. Maybe it'd be worth starting at bronze if those nodes stay unlocked?

Yes, I upgrade cerebella to silver and she kept all purchased skills.

Hey Ravi, sorry to hear about your breakup. Hope you're feeling better now!

Just had a couple questions if you wouldn't mind:

1) A friend in Malaysia tried to download the game for Android before realising it doesn't show up at all. Would you know what the pipeline is for regions the game isn't currently available on?

2) Any plans for characters who weren't playable in the original Skullgirls? Like some of the rejected DLC characters, or maybe even an Indivisible rep?

Shizuka

Talked about this game with a friend today, hoping to try it out soon.

If you ever come to Brazil, you know who to call.

Ravidrath

1) A friend in Malaysia tried to download the game for Android before realising it doesn't show up at all. Would you know what the pipeline is for regions the game isn't currently available on?

2) Any plans for characters who weren't playable in the original Skullgirls? Like some of the rejected DLC characters, or maybe even an Indivisible rep?

1) Malaysia and the rest of Asia will launch alongside the Japanese release, and they're still hammering out a timeline for that.

2) Obviously we'd love to do this, but we'd have to figure out how to do it, first.

We're really busy with Indivisible, so any kind of new animation hits us really hard. And our animation needs are so specific that hiring more animators is very tricky.

If you ever come to Brazil, you know who to call.

Oh my, haha.

In all seriousness, though, it's rare that I come across a fan on an app. But when I do, I think it'd be really weird to go on a date, etc. with one.

I randomly made friends with a couple that recently moved to LA, and they turned out to be big Lab Zero fans. They admitted to kinda fanboying the first time we hung out, and the idea of someone fanboying over me is just super, super weird.

I've found something I find pretty annoying, in story mode if you run out of time you lose regardless. There's been a couple of tough 3 on 3 fights where I had the last enemy down to a sliver of health and lost when time ran out even though all three of my team were still alive. I feel like whoever is doing better should win when time runs out.

So I bought some premium currency, but I got an in game notification saying my purchase was cancelled, but iTunes charged my card. How do I resolve this?

Sorry, I don't really play mobile games, so I'm not sure what to do from here

Ravidrath

So I bought some premium currency, but I got an in game notification saying my purchase was cancelled, but iTunes charged my card. How do I resolve this?

Sorry, I don't really play mobile games, so I'm not sure what to do from here

Sorry you're having problems!

If you hit HELP in the game, you can get customer service there.

That is basically a redirect to here, BTW, if you'd rather do it from the web:
https://lg-cs.line.me/fm/public/inquiry/index

If they don't get back to you quickly or you're unhappy with the resolution, please contact skullgirls (at) hiddenvariable (dot) com and they'll try to push things through with LINE.

I just don't get Valentine. Unlike basically every other character I've tried, the knock back on her five hit combo knocks enemies out of range for most her specials/blockbusters as well as her juggle starter. Like what on earth is the point of that combo?

Also, her specials just seem underwhelming. Can't wait to get Painwheel levelled so she can take Val's spot on my main team

Bumping kind of an old thread I know, but is there any possibility of lowering the requirements for the origin stories? I'm on the last currently available part of story mode and I'm only level 13. I doubt I'll gain 7 levels before I finish it, so it seems like I'll have to do some grinding.

Cellsai

Bumping kind of an old thread I know, but is there any possibility of lowering the requirements for the origin stories? I'm on the last currently available part of story mode and I'm only level 13. I doubt I'll gain 7 levels before I finish it, so it seems like I'll have to do some grinding.

The main hook of the game is in the Prize Fights, so I guess they want you to finish Story Mode, move on to Prize Fights, then swing back periodically to higher difficulty Story and Origins. I doubt the level cap is going down any time soon because the fights really would be quite challenging if you're lower than that.

For those who haven't been following along with it so far, Double is set to be released in SGM later this month along with Valentine's Origin story. Thus far we've gotten Peacock, Big Band and Painwheel's origins, so there's plenty of story content to chew through.

The main hook of the game is in the Prize Fights, so I guess they want you to finish Story Mode, move on to Prize Fights, then swing back periodically to higher difficulty Story and Origins. I doubt the level cap is going down any time soon because the fights really would be quite challenging if you're lower than that.

For those who haven't been following along with it so far, Double is set to be released in SGM later this month along with Valentine's Origin story. Thus far we've gotten Peacock, Big Band and Painwheel's origins, so there's plenty of story content to chew through.

That’s disappointing. I’m not really interested in prize fight mode at all, so I guess I’ll just wait till more story is released and I can eventually make it to level 20 and I can unlock the origin stories.

Top Bottom