• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Oof. I don't have Hector, but I've been trying something similar with Nowi. She was able to bring everyone low but didn't quite kill people, so the first turn with her there leaves her with like 4-5 super low health units to deal with, and very low health herself. I don't think that's something that a 3* level 29ish FRobin can deal with.

Maybe I can try to heal Nowi at least once with Physick from behind the wall. It's the cramped conditions that are screwing me over right now.

I've done it with a Nino and a Julia so far but I nuked the top green Infantry (who survives) and then Dance + Drag Back to clear the choke point. Follow up turn was nuking the two Infantry: green over the wall from outside, this person will tank a blue caster afterwards so keep that in mind, and using my Julia to nuke the blue Infantry. I also moved my dancer into a safe spot because she was like level 20 and not fit to survive being in range. The rest of the map basically suicides into my two casters but F. Robin survives. Move F. Robin in for the kill, do be careful of Defiant Res throwing off your game plan.

My plan does basically involve tanking a WTA disadvantage caster with Julia so you can opt for a better unit here I guess? I just figured a green tome gave me the greatest chance to tank two casters and ideally not kill F. Robin (and, well, my Linde is built more to outright kill things vs Julia still rather vanilla +RES built).

Also, my F. Robin was like level 38 (albeit 4*) for this but she only needed the one shot and had access to two with dance so it wasn't a huge deal at the time.

Everyone should develop a physical tank and a magic tank, and it will make nearly every one of these challenges a lot easier. I don't mean you need hector, but anything that can tank some hits and help separate the enemies makes things sooooo much easier.

Pretty much. I'm more or less satisfied with my arena teams, at least without pulling Ike or SI fodder or Ike, so basically all my stamina spent is future proofing GHB things.

Sushen

Everyone should develop a physical tank and a magic tank, and it will make nearly every one of these challenges a lot easier. I don't mean you need hector, but anything that can tank some hits and help separate the enemies makes things sooooo much easier.
Who's good magic tank?

I already have a +Def Effie for Physical tank and a +Res Fae as my Magic tank, haven't tried the FemRobin quest yet so I can't give my opinion on that but my only problem is that green axe unit with the Hammer on the Navarre map that's preventing me from steam rolling everything. The thief that inflicts -7 def/res doesn't help either.

Mupod

Who's good magic tank?

Jagen, several pegasus riders. Niles I guess. A lot of people used Camilla for the Robin Grand Hero Battle when it first came out, I think.

Sheena can tank both types of damage well but hits like a wet noodle. Hawkeye/Fae have pretty high res and def too.

I think I originally cleared the FRobin map with my -atk +res Lyn. It was a strangely long time before I found a single unit with more than 40 atk...

I can't wait to finish my +res/-atk Nowi. Just need feathers. I don't even care she is -atk. In fact I'd take that over the other banes for the way I am planning to use her. To be able to bait any colorless, blue, and red unit and even be able to absorb some green hits as well is exciting. She should make future GHB much easier.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I've done it with a Nino and a Julia so far but I nuked the top green Infantry (who survives) and then Dance + Drag Back to clear the choke point. Follow up turn was nuking the two Infantry: green over the wall from outside, this person will tank a blue caster afterwards so keep that in mind, and using my Julia to nuke the blue Infantry. I also moved my dancer into a safe spot because she was like level 20 and not fit to survive being in range. The rest of the map basically suicides into my two casters but F. Robin survives. Move F. Robin in for the kill, do be careful of Defiant Res throwing off your game plan.

My plan does basically involve tanking a WTA disadvantage caster with Julia so you can opt for a better unit here I guess? I just figured a green tome gave me the greatest chance to tank two casters and ideally not kill F. Robin (and, well, my Linde is built more to outright kill things vs Julia still rather vanilla +RES built).

Also, my F. Robin was like level 38 (albeit 4*) for this but she only needed the one shot and had access to two with dance so it wasn't a huge deal at the time.
I don't have any good green casters, but maybe I can do something similar with MRobin. He has Reposition already, so maybe I could do that dance > reposition thing and then go from there.

Might not be the answer you're looking for, but you might have to just train your FRobin up to level 40 to stand a chance. What level is she at?
Level 29 and 3* lol. I better get off my ass and try to level her a bit more at least.
Hell yeah, can't wait to pull a -Atk Ike.
Same. One day I will make Team -Atk +Res and it will be awful.

Oh wait, I can already do that. Fuck this game lol.

scy

Who's good magic tank?

Removing healers its uh Felicia and Jagen (35), Caeda, Florina, Niles, Sanaki (34), Clair and Sheena (33), Eliwood, Est, Julia (32), and the list goes on I guess but those are the standouts for reaching nearly 40+ base RES with a boon and passives.

If you count healers, basically any healer. Wrys has the best base RES in the game (36) and then Lucius (35), Serra (33), Maria and Priscilla (32). Every healer is 30+ basically except for Azama's 25 and I think Clarine is sub-30 (29, maybe? 28?).

I don't have any good green casters, but maybe I can do something similar with MRobin. He has Reposition already, so maybe I could do that dance > reposition thing and then go from there.

Blue might work better if you can still secure the one-shots when needed. Or, well, if your dancer isn't incapable of taking a hit like mine was then the whole middle part gets a lot easier. Most of mine was figuring out a way to kill green infantry, green spear, blue tome and tank two casters while only having Dance used as an escape tool. I settled on turn 1 to poke a guy to get the enemy moving and then just killed what I could over the wall on top side and used my unit inside to tank as many casters as possible while one-shotting the blue Infantry.

Reposition is also better than Drag Back here as it naturally puts the dancer used to save your first unit into the safe spot.

Sölf

Let's take a moment so that everyone who wants to get Mist can prepare mentally for the bazillion of Wrys he or she will get.

Spoit

So for these free unit videos, how important is the statline and reciprocal aid for Donnel? I already want to kill myself leveling up navarre and robin, so if I could just SI drag back onto cordellia or something and call it a day, that would be amazing (especially since it's not the worst B skill for a brave flyer in the first place)

xequalsy

So for these free unit videos, how important is the statline and reciprocal aid for Donnel? I already want to kill myself leveling up navarre and robin, so if I could just SI drag back onto cordellia or something and call it a day, that would be amazing (especially since it's not the worst B skill for a brave flyer in the first place)

It depends. Sometimes you will have to pretty much follow their moves exactly, as the AI behaves differently if you use a different unit with different stat lines. (Like they will move towards/chase different people)

But yeah, having skills like drag back or reposition/pivot etc... will help

Jims

Probably Micaiah, Sothe, older Ike, and maybe Elincia for the Radiant Dawn set? Doesn't make sense to do Soren again, and Elincia was the leader of Part 2 in that game. Would've liked to see Nephenee and Mia get in early because they did well in the voting, but it makes sense they're introducing the main units first. Will probably see Nephenee and Mia in some "random girls" or "other Tellius people" banner they cook up.

Also leveling Female Robin is one of the worst things in the world. The things we do for one lousy orb...

I will spend about 100 Orbs on the banner tomorrow I think. Don't want the characters that badly, but still interested in Ike(could replace my -SPD Ryoma) and Titania is simply a great character that could fit my under construction Horse team. Also, Soren could be sacrificed to Nino, will need to investigate more on that. However, the reason why I also want to pull is because I really want a good Cherche and I need so much SI from Reds! (Roy, Lon'qu, etc.)

Theosmeo

Elincia a healer

Micaiah a healer

Athos a healer

Everyone's a healer

I mean they made Lachesis a healer, which is really dumb because she starts with an A rank in swords and a C rank in staves, Elincia has a higher staff rank at join time in both PoR and RD so if you do the math...

MANUELF

Banned
Just got a +DEF -SPD Lukas with my last orbs which is perfect because his speed is trash tier anyway now I must think if he deserves brave lance + and give him Ignis, goodbye F Robin

champloo

I just fought this in the arena..
FlQegwPl.png
Someone must've been bored..

macklelol

Hopefully this will be enough to put me in the top 1k ranking again. It should, but the 2nd week of the season seems to be harder to rank in.

Oddly enough, I had a much easier time battling against these 700 point teams compared to some of the low 690 teams I fought against. Some dancers were behaving very differently in some of those matches and it did ruin a few of my arena streaks.

Ninferno

Well, my main is saving for Celica and my alt is broke after giving in to the temptation of Nowi and Reinhardt (and not getting any eventually of course) so there's not much fun I can have for this banner. I do like Ike and want to get him from a gameplay perspective though so to make things a little bit more manageable, I'm going to set a clear budget and strictly abide to it. I'm going to pull up 3 summon screens on each of my account, open all red stone on these screens and that's it. In the unlikely event of getting Ike in a pull I will stop right away. This may cost me 15 - 25 orbs, which is ok; I will still have 100+ for Celica. My expectation is really low; I'm not going to mad if I don't get Ike and I will be really happy if I can get a Hinata or something.

Not getting Soren hurts though, hopefully he will be pullable at 4* after the banner ends.

spiritfox

Micaiah should be a Mage with a passive hp-swap skill.

Elincia could go either way, but seeing as there's already red Sword fliers, a flying healer would at least make her stand out.

We could do with more red fliers. Caeda is pretty bad and Palla's decent at best.

Micaiah should be a Mage with a passive hp-swap skill.

Elincia could go either way, but seeing as there's already red Sword fliers, a flying healer would at least make her stand out.

They can make her support skill a heal and give her amiti, though it would hopefully not be the aid one where they sacrifice health to give to the other character. She's probably going to be made out of glass anyways.

Ninferno

Yep. Memes aside, Micaiah is a lord and Elincia is a semi-lord. There's no way they will receive the Lucius treatment, seriously speaking.

parasight

Literally first orb on the banner pulled a 5* Soren. Just used up all my luck for Ike. Should stupid pulling cause there wasn't any Red. Just got four other junk units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom