• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Is the Legend of Zelda Secretly Bad?" by Twin Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ySSq2d5mKE

This video by Twin Perfect takes a look at the original Legend of Zelda for the NES without rose tinted glasses and makes the argument that "30 years of Zelda experience has tainted the generally accepted view of this game's design."

In a somewhat related note, I'd like to say that I think Breath of the Wild feels like the sort of game Nintendo wanted to make back when they were developing the original LoZ. BotW is a game you can actually finish by yourself but is so massive and full of secrets that you'll never 100% it without help from others. I've been having a lot of fun with it and it feels like the first Zelda game in a long time to really nail that sweet spot of open exploration and subtle player signposting that many think the series is all about when in reality only a few entries really play like that.

duckroll

Please hold on, I'm going to start a Youtube series on why Zelda is the greatest cultural achievement humanity has ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom